Opinion Domestic Politics BF style

Remove this Banner Ad

Seven West Media today launches Australia’s new national digital newspaper, The Nightly.
With a focus on politics and business, The Nightly will be free and publish each weeknight at 6pm AEDT. It will also have a 24/7 news website and app with breaking news alerts and subscriber emails.
SWM WA chief executive Maryna Fewster said the landmark digital news platform would bring quality journalism to Australians for free.
Run from WA and using our time difference, it will have the full backing of the media company with contributors including Seven stars such as David Koch, Mark Riley, Michael Usher and Gemma Acton. Sporting legends, including AFL great Leigh Matthews and cricketing icons Justin Langer and Mitchell Johnson, will also write for The Nightly.

Labor’s primary vote has dropped to 33 per cent ahead of Saturday’s critical Dunkley by-election, with Anthony Albanese’s approval ratings remaining in negative territory despite the government retaining its lead over the Coalition on preferences.
An exclusive Newspoll conducted for The Australian shows a one-point fall in support for Labor since the previous poll amid the government’s campaign to boost its political stocks through its revamped tax cuts.
The Coalition’s primary vote remains unchanged at 36 per cent. Labor has maintained its 52-48 per cent lead on a two-party preferred basis.
One Nation fell a point to 6 per cent, the Greens remained stable on 12 per cent. However, other minor parties and independents including teal independents, improved two points to 13 per cent.
The latest results show the government having failed to improve its position overall since December, with no apparent boost from last month’s tax cut announcement, which sought to redistribute income tax cuts for higher-income earners to lower and middle-income earners.
While the tax cuts were supported by a majority of Australians, the latest Newspoll shows they have failed to translate into an increase in support for Labor.

The government has come under political pressure over the past two weeks following the forced release of documents showing that 149 immigration detainees had been released by the government since last year’s High Court decision, including convicted murderers and rapists. Last week, the government was also forced to defend its border credentials following the arrival of an asylum-seeker boat on the Australian mainland. With the cost of living remaining the primary concern of a majority of voters, the Coalition has sought to exploit Mr Albanese’s broken promise on tax cuts and highlight the disparity between the amount of money workers would receive in the restyled tax plan and what they had lost in disposable income over the past 18 months due to inflation.

At 33 per cent, Labor’s position remains consistent with its election result of more than 18 months ago. This saw Labor win government with a slim majority on its lowest primary vote on record. The Coalition’s primary vote of 36 also remains at the levels recorded at the last election, which saw its parliamentary representation fall to the party’s lowest since it was formed. The latest poll shows that Labor remains in an election winning position. Its worst poll result was recorded in November following the referendum defeat and the High Court’s decision on the forced release of immigration detainees.
Labor’s primary vote fell then to 31 per cent, with the Coalition rising to 38 per cent and the two-party preferred contest dropped to 50-50. This coincided with Mr Albanese falling into negative territory for the first time. Labor has since managed to recoup those losses but has failed to improve its overall position since the election. There has been little change outside the margin of error when it comes to the performance of both leaders. Mr Albanese’s personal approval ratings rose a point to 43 per cent, while his dissatisfaction ratings remained at 51 per cent, giving the Prime Minister a net negative approval rating of minus eight. Liberal leader Peter Dutton’s approval ratings remained unchanged at 37 per cent, with a one-point rise in dissatisfaction to 51 per cent. Mr Dutton’s net approval rating is minus 14.

Brad Banduci is a white sef efrecan.

He still has that streak of 'how dare you question me' that media training can't fully suppress.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
There's a big discussion taking place atm about gender based pay gaps in the workforce which I admit I've not taken much notice of.

But what I did see is this ABC article yesterday looking at the gender pay gaps in leading companies in various industry sectors:

and it includes an assessment of the pay gap in selected clubs and associations in the footy world - the data reflecting not just the salary gap but the number of women actually employed in club positions.

Now in my view, given that until relatively recently AFL footy clubs and associations were exclusively about a male sport it's not surprising that there would be a pay gap in favour of men in management positions. But it's obvious that environment is changing.

Make of it what you will but based on this snapshot of selected clubs PAFC is looking pretty good on this front relative to some other AFL clubs like Collingwood, Freo and the Crows.

Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 9.33.51 am.png

Last edited:
We all know Bob (Mad as a Hatter) Katter is a clown, but I wouldn't expect Andrew Wilkie to stoop to the same stunt:

1709097020878.png

Is that Sam Dastardli he's talking about, or has there been another case? I see Joe Hockey has been outraged by this, saying that every former pollie is besmirched until the traitor is named - maybe he's just covering his own tracks.

EDIT: "Not me" says Sam. Malcolm Turnbull's son Alex has come out and said he was "approached" by foreign elements, but no hints as to whom the Bad Actor might be...

Last edited:
The biggest hint as to which side of the spectrum this politician is from is the LNP's stance on the matter. They started off calling for the politician to be named, but have now backflipped to be saying it should be kept quiet.

The excuse is that it could open up defamation cases, except Albanese coming out and naming said person would be done under parliamentary privelege which takes away the chance of a defamation case.

The likely reason is that after demanding the release of the name, the LNP have been worded up that it ones of theirs. So now its all "better keep it quiet".

And I mean, right in line with this announcement

He was found guilty in December. And was sentenced to jail right in line with this announcement from ASIO. But you've got plenty of LNP bots claiming its obviously Dan Andrews, Paul Keating, Bob Carr or Sam Dastyari.

Just ignore the LNP Minister for Trade that leased the Darwin Port to a Chinese company for 99 years, then left Parliament to work for said Chinese company, but left just before the foreign interference laws came in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...-is-fighting-for-the-right-not-to-employ-them

Gee, what a shocker, who could have picked this happening?

Dodgy multi billion dollar foreign owned company with history of s**t human rights and environmental practices screws over dumb* yokels who think they're gonna get high paying unskilled jobs.

But hey, at least the government bent over backwards to take it up the clacker from Adani.

Looks like the anti-government (possibly loony) independent is getting the last seat in Tasmania.

That leaves the libs stuck on 14. +3 lambies they're still one short of the 18 needed.

One of the independents is ex-labor and the others are at least moderately left leaning.

If the Labor party hadn't been so dead set on avoiding the greens, they could have ended up with 10 + 5 green + 3 independents. Or possibly even the Lambie network.

What a s**t show for rockliff lol.

Another own goal for shitstains after psychopath Ben roberts-smith went the defamation route.

Judge finds that Bruce the fat slug Lehrmann is a rapist in his own defamation case.
Kerry Stokes has got to stop propping up these clowns.

Kerry Stokes has got to stop propping up these clowns.

Certainly not having a good run of it, not that I am sympathetic to his financial losses in this instance.

All comes down to the economics of the matter. If things like the Lehrmann spotlight interview bring enough revenue in to offset legal fees etc, then Stokes is effectively playing with house money.

Screenshot 2024-04-27 at 12.07.23 PM.png
James Franco Flirt GIF

I think this is what they used to call a 'paid endorsement'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back