Draft lottery 2020?

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Bit of talk going around that along with a night Grand Final, the draft lottery may be trailed this year.

The justification being that with restricted seasons at junior level ( and heavily compromised AFL season) this year's draft inconsistent with other years.

The lottery also creates a television event.

Non finalists to into the lottery.

Anyone else heard this.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I could easily see a lottery if the season is not completed...

Not sure if it would go ahead if the season is completed though without prior warning before the season starts

AFL wont want to do it.

At least not this year.

They'll be trying to pretend it's a real season and everything is just as meaningful as always in order to try and maintain credibility. It's a REAL flag, and by extension, a REAL spoon, and all the places on the ladder are completely above board, legit and the consequences of those will apply, including draft positions.

That the season is actually a piece of crap, and recruiters are throwing darts at a wall will never be spoken of by the league.

AFL wont want to do it.

At least not this year.

They'll be trying to pretend it's a real season and everything is just as meaningful as always in order to try and maintain credibility. It's a REAL flag, and by extension, a REAL spoon, and all the places on the ladder are completely above board, legit and the consequences of those will apply, including draft positions.

That the season is actually a piece of crap, and recruiters are throwing darts at a wall will never be spoken of by the league.

Iโ€™m not so sure.
Weโ€™ve already accepted a lot of things that would even individually would have put everyone up in flames.
Why not take the opportunity to forever remove te issue of tanking, and at the same time make the draft *actually* exciting?

Lets Americanize our sport as much as possible, draft lottery televised, sell the clubs to private owners, add some time outs into the game so we squeeze more ads in and we are golden.

Pick 1 is not what its cracked up to be.

Crows already have a pick 1 on their list and he can't even get a game.
Agree, I think a lot of teams who have pick one would have been better served trying to trade it an turn it into 2 top 10 picks...

Rowell isnt bad for a no 1 pick
for every Rowell, theres multiple Jack Watts IMO...

Suns were in an enviable situation of having the top 2 picks, didn't need to worry at all...

Not every case is the same.

It'd be a fitting year to do it given this season is horse sh*t.

I doubt it'll happen though.

Then again, this draft is set to have a ridiculously low amount of live selections given the amount of father-sons/academy picks/etc. Not to mention possible lists cuts of p to 10 players.

I more so curious to see how they organise next season's fixture.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back