Autopsy Draw

Remove this Banner Ad

Brilliantly summarised, it needs to be JLos number one focus.
There’s no doubt it will be & I also have no doubt the coaches don’t want the ball as overused as much as we did at certain times. The problem as I see it is generally there is a skill error that increases the need to handball & we’re struggling to get the release handball.

The one where there was 13 handballs still got the ball inside F50, but Johnson missed Switta with a releasing handball that added another 3 or so handballs to the chain.

We don’t utilise the forward handball enough & are looking to be precise with our hands instead of getting it into space & trusting our handling skill. We could bypass a couple of options with longer hands & reduce the opportunity of error with receivers spreading wider rather than adjacent to make the transition area bigger & harder to defend.

Bottom line is we need to get the ball from A-D without using B & C.

Clubs are now onto it & will continue to pressure the ball carrier, so it will be a big focus at training.

There’s no doubt it will be & I also have no doubt the coaches don’t want the ball as overused as much as we did at certain times. The problem as I see it is generally there is a skill error that increases the need to handball & we’re struggling to get the release handball.

The one where there was 13 handballs still got the ball inside F50, but Johnson missed Switta with a releasing handball that added another 3 or so handballs to the chain.

We don’t utilise the forward handball enough & are looking to be precise with our hands instead of getting it into space & trusting our handling skill. We could bypass a couple of options with longer hands & reduce the opportunity of error with receivers spreading wider rather than adjacent to make the transition area bigger & harder to defend.

Bottom line is we need to get the ball from A-D without using B & C.

Clubs are now onto it & will continue to pressure the ball carrier, so it will be a big focus at training.
There's a balance they'll be trying to get right, but, yeah, it's all about execution... whatever the particular strategy. As a young side there is always the larger fluctuations to deal with, which makes balance challenging and execution a little more likely to go off the rails.

For our average age were going alright though.

On Friday we struggled with the fumbles. Made executing any plan that much harder. They should get a lot out of the quick shift up to turn the tables though.

Umpires were on the prowl for time wasting I reckon. Showed in the first 1/4, McCreery pinged ,asked the umpire why. His response, time wasting, 50 metres.
Half way mark ladt quarter grom a scrimmage , Darcy has the ball as he gets off the ground, umpire don't forget, hand the ball back to me.
Then of courseTHE decision.

Yeah I don’t think Collingwood did themselves any favours in that regard and it cost them in the end. There’s the stoppage in the 4th where the ump was asking Sidebottom to pass him the ball and he just walked off ump looked a bit miffed

Then the stoppage about 30 seconds before the Darcy free you can actually hear the ump say the ball needs to be given directly back to me. Nek minnit free against Collingwood for not giving it straight back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I don’t think Collingwood did themselves any favours in that regard and it cost them in the end. There’s the stoppage in the 4th where the ump was asking Sidebottom to pass him the ball and he just walked off ump looked a bit miffed

Then the stoppage about 30 seconds before the Darcy free you can actually hear the ump say the ball needs to be given directly back to me. Nek minnit free against Collingwood for not giving it straight back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is a coached tactic by Collingwood...slow the resumption of play at every opportunity.
They will keep doing it unless it costs them.
It is now under the spotlight and the umps wont like being made to look like fools.
Theyre about to get pinged!
Starting next round, the memo is circulating as we speak.

The abundance of handballing is a little frustrating at times, it feels like a lot of them are too nervous or don't have the composure to trust their own kicking ability, sometimes you just need to bite the bullet and go for it, I'd rather have players that back their kicking and **** up than have them be too scared to and just handball it instead.

The over-handballing thing reminds me of Hawthorn in 2010-11; watched a few of their matches as they had an association with a rep team I played for so we got free tickets when in Melbourne. Watching them handball it at all costs was incredibly frustrating. But when the style clicked... well, the results are very much what I would want for this team (not for the F***ing Hawks, who didn't deserve anywhere near that much success and won big games mostly by not getting called for frees they gave away, but anyway...)

I also seem to have set off a storm of discussion through saying I couldn't believe Sharp missed his last shot; those shots are always trickier than they look; I was more meaning that he just hadn't read the script (a storming victory for the underdog* Dockers against all odds when they looked down and out!).

*per the bookies perhaps not, but I've been a supporter for too long to believe that tripe

This was my favourite moment of the year so far I reckon. Watched it 100000 times.

Love that - every call except the Channel 7 call of course, which was like a funeral march for the last 8 minutes of the game. I think their call of this moment was something like "There we have it, it's a one point game. silence What is it about this Collingwood team and close finishes?"

Good back and forth heated tiff about that umpiring decision between Cummings and Duffield on the sen radio this morning lol

I wonder how long it will be before the umpires look at the blocking that is going ob. Amiss needs a Treacy or Voss to get to contest to dtop the blocker by putting body on them.
Stopping a player from contesting for the ball is a free .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Cummings a pies fan or what?
He’s definitely not freo anyway!
At the end, Goss says Cummings was a pies fan...so yeh lol

I knew he played for eagles but surprised he got passed around alot lol with pies being one of them

Essendon, Port Adelaide, the West Coast Eagles, and Collingwood

could say he was the original knob/ Lobb 🤣😂

Last edited:
Love that - every call except the Channel 7 call of course, which was like a funeral march for the last 8 minutes of the game. I think their call of this moment was something like "There we have it, it's a one point game. silence What is it about this Collingwood team and close finishes?"

They got excited again when the scores were level and the ball went down towards the Collingwood goals. Ready to jizz themselves about how "you just knew Collingwood were always going to find a way to win, they are the masters of these games".

Haven't seen a single piece of commentary touching on how Collingwood ... the supposed masters of 4th quarters ... went into slow down mode so early and folded in a heap. No praise for Freo doing what the commentators cream themselves over if Collingwood do it.

It wasn’t a shank at all; he was running directly at the point post and kicked the ball straight.
The two alternatives were, attempt a baulk around the pies player or a check kick off the outside of his boot; both high risk options.
Devil’s advocate says if it was Hayden Young we win the game. A left footer kicks that goal.
so your saying banfield should have taken the shot

They got excited again when the scores were level and the ball went down towards the Collingwood goals. Ready to jizz themselves about how "you just knew Collingwood were always going to find a way to win, they are the masters of these games".

Haven't seen a single piece of commentary touching on how Collingwood ... the supposed masters of 4th quarters ... went into slow down mode so early and folded in a heap. No praise for Freo doing what the commentators cream themselves over if Collingwood do it.
Another reason I hate Friday night football is having to listen to boof head Taylor, his sycophant, Richardson, and the yelling screaming Brayshaw.
On Friday Hodge was the only one worth listening to.
Hate Seven, loathe them.

Last edited:
I know that Jai is supposed to be a big boy now and look after himself, but realistically, he needs the help of a minder in the forward line. Someone to assist when the opposition play the blocking game. Some like Treacy or Jackson to use their big body to crash the blocker.So many time Friday night he was blocked away from even attempting to mark or get a play on the ball.
He needs help.

Last edited:
I just wonder if Amiss would be better if Tabs was on the field. Mature experienced body to distract opposition key forwards?

I just wonder if Amiss would be better if Tabs was on the field. Mature experienced body to distract opposition key forwards?
I did suggest this few weeks back that maybe tabby cat needed to be decoy and kick his 1 to 2 goals.

Problem is now seems based on the peel game he is even more cooked and injured.

Amiss needs then someone who will take the oppos best def but also who they will double team. Not sure who there is. If Jackson holds his marks or kicks goal then maybe this, but ATM he isnt

Remove this Banner Ad

Back