Drugs!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's your view on different drugs?

Have you done drugs?

Do you regularly do drugs?

Come One Come all Discuss the broad topic of Drugs here.

It's the individuals choice, but I certainly wouldn't recommend illicit drugs to anyone. I personally have never dabbled with illicit drugs and have no interest whatsoever in using them.

Eurgh. The "there's rat poison and broken glass in drugzzz!" argument is so fundamentally flawed on so many levels.
No its not.

The argument of "you don't know what is in it" stems from the fact most drug makers aren't pharmacists or chemists. Hence they probably aren't aware (or capable) that solvents (often sulfuric acid) need to be removed under vacuum for very precise amounts of time or that overcooking by a few minutes can cause disastrous effects.

In other words, its not that the drug makers are putting bad stuff in the drugs deliberately, its that they don't know what they're doing, or don't have the appropriate equipment, or don't have the time, or etc etc etc.

The drugs invented by Kollsch and co are very different to the ones being made by Barry in his shed in Salisbury.

Can't believe all the hoo-haa about all these different types of drugs in all sorts of different products.... the thread is clearly about illicit drugs, don't nit-pick.

And to the people using the whole "alcohol is a drug and it's not illegal" dicrimination argument, wake up to yourselves. Can anyone describe the difference between these two statements:

"hey mate, keen to have a couple of pots down the pub?" OR, "got any flippers? Let's go score from my dealer."

It's all about the culture.

Can anyone describe the difference between these two statements:

"hey mate, keen to have a couple of pots down the pub?" OR, "got any flippers? Let's go score from my dealer."

It's all about the culture.
The ones who go and drink, get drunk and end up in a punch on while the ones on pills get loved up and energetic for a few hours before smacking out and falling asleep?

Whoah, generalised, bias and inaccurate statements do wonders for an argument.

No its not.

The argument of "you don't know what is in it" stems from the fact most drug makers aren't pharmacists or chemists. Hence they probably aren't aware (or capable) that solvents (often sulfuric acid) need to be removed under vacuum for very precise amounts of time or that overcooking by a few minutes can cause disastrous effects.

I get what you're shooting at, but it's not quite that catastrophic, primarily because any ****up in the creation will render the drug useless and can be picked out from a mile because of the taste and look of it.

This usually means the product doesn't get sold. I mean, if you were a distributer or punter who bought some speed and it had a really strong burning reek and was heavily granulated, wouldn't you be a bit sus?

It could be dangerous for people trying for the first time, but it's why more education needs to be done on the subject rather than harsh punishment, why is a person who's going to use one pill in a night with his seratonin firing more dangerous or worthy of punishment than the person who needs 7-8 drinks of something which causes a good deal of their senses to be dulled?

The ones who go and drink, get drunk and end up in a punch on while the ones on pills get loved up and energetic for a few hours before smacking out and falling asleep?

Whoah, generalised, bias and inaccurate statements do wonders for an argument.
It's the culture, it's the vibe, it's Mabo.

It's the culture. People popping pills in toilet cubicles, shooting up in alleyways, snorting powder off a toilet seat... and people want to make this an acceptable standard in common society!! pfft.

It's the culture, it's the vibe, it's Mabo.

It's the culture. People popping pills in toilet cubicles, shooting up in alleyways, snorting powder off a toilet seat... and people want to make this an acceptable standard in common society!! pfft.
Er, no. If taking drugs were acceptable then people wouldn't be racking up off toilet seats and popping in cubicles.

What's more, how can you say the usage of ALL drugs falls under one culture?

Er, no. If taking drugs were acceptable then people wouldn't be racking up off toilet seats and popping in cubicles.

What's more, how can you say the usage of ALL drugs falls under one culture?

That's right, they'd be doing it at home or down the local shops, in front of theirs and your kids. I don't think I'll have smackheads snorting coke off a park bench in front of my young bloke if and when I have one, thanks all the same.

You're clearly a regular user, and you're standing up for your way of life. Fine. But as long as drug use remains socially unacceptable, and those responsible for pushing it keep getting prosecuted, I'll be happy.

Never said all drugs... if you read my earlier post, it was clear that this thread was about illicit drugs... surely you read my post regarding popping flippers, shooting up and snorting. Paints a fairly simple picture about the type of stuff I'm on about.

That's right, they'd be doing it at home or down the local shops, in front of theirs and your kids. I don't think I'll have smackheads snorting coke off a park bench in front of my young bloke if and when I have one, thanks all the same.
Ah yes, and everyone will be an addict the very second narcotics are legalised and just wander around doing them in public for no reason whatsoever.

A lot of your points are based on a very narrow set of circumstances that, if you look at prohibition in the past, is pretty unlikely to happen. Just because it's legal, doesn't mean wondering around drunk off your face is socially acceptable, why would it be any different for narcotics?

You're clearly a regular user, and you're standing up for your way of life. Fine. But as long as drug use remains socially unacceptable, and those responsible for pushing it keep getting prosecuted, I'll be happy.
Would you support the conviction of the heads of tobacco companies for pushing a much more toxic substance onto hundreds of millions of people, directly and indirectly causing millions of deaths?

If not I can't see why you'd want to convict the kid who picks up for a weekend out. Who's doing more harm?

Never said all drugs... if you read my earlier post, it was clear that this thread was about illicit drugs... surely you read my post regarding popping flippers, shooting up and snorting. Paints a fairly simple picture about the type of stuff I'm on about.
I'm guessing coke, base, ecstasy, speed heroin, meth?

I'll be honest, I'd never touch the last two, but what the **** right is it of the government to pick and choose what I put in my body? Who are they to say that alcohol is the only method with which I can get high or drunk? What's more, why? Because it's safe? Pft.:thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha, are you serious? That's your argument?

Nice of you to use marijuana as the example. How about we take the other extreme and look at Ice?

So your saying the Nation's with either de-decriminalized marijuana laws or a Govenrment subsidized Heroin prescription program have greater social problems caused by substance abuse than Australia?

People just use this BS "its my body and I can do what I want" or "as long as its not hurting anyone" excuses to justify using drugs. Try looking at the bigger picture, and then tell me drug use is fine so long as it doesn't hurt anyone.

Alcohol and cigarettes present a greater detriment and cost (both financial and health) to society as a whole than the use of illicit drugs. Despite this both substances are readily available albeit regulated in one form or another by the Government. Why is it both legally and socially acceptable to put ones health and the health of others at risk through the use of alcohol or nicotine but not through the use of marijuana or MDMA?

Why as a society do we accept that adults should be given the freedom to make a choice whether to take some dangeorus drugs but legally and morally forbid them from making the same choice in regards to other dangerous drugs?

do them occasionally. probably once a month.

i've gotta see the drug culture in ireland is about on a par with australia, but drugs here are waaaay cheaper than in oz. if drugs were as cheap as they were here back in oz then we'd be have a serious culture of drug taking.

i'm all for trying things once, but the two things i'd never get myself into are ice and heroin. those two do a redicolous amount of damage to one's body.

and if someone doesn't want to do them than that's upto them as well.

Oh geez, first you play the "it's my body I can do what I want to it" card, then the "blame the government" card. How much of this stuff have you actually taken because it has obviously messed with your head.

Just waiting for the "it's the parents' fault, they didn't educate their kids properly" card now. Anyone else with any further pearls of wisdom to share while we are embarking on this truly revolutionary thinking here?

You forgot the whole "I need some pleasures in life" phrase

It´s all about moderation..

drugs are not a problem in moderation. it´s those people that don´t know how to control it that shouldn´t take it.

I have laods of mates that do eccies, coke etc etc when they go out once or twice a month..they ahve been doing it for years. they just don´t over do it. They are all evry wealthya nd successful people.

The whole premise that u will end up in the gutter if u take drugs is misleading and misguiding. I don´t know one person that has had their lives destroyed by drugs.

However i know lots of people that have had their lives destroyed by alcohol and thats legal. Not to emntion all the bashings asaults, rapes...alcohol. Go to a rave you wont see one problem.

Drugs aren´t the problem it´s the people that take them.
Drugs become a serious problem when you over do it.

Ecstasy is amazing. Bottom line.

Hardly ever do it... I know its not good for you. But if you ever have a chance to do some decent pills i highly recomend it.

Its not like you're "drugged" and you lose control of your mind. The polar opposite for me. I become highly perceptive. Every feeling has so much more weight... I understand our place in the universe. I know that there is something more, i just know. Drugs have different effects on different people, but E opened up my 3rd eye, so to speak.

I'll never be able to explain it to somebody who hasnt been there. Some people dance on E... I go on a journey.

They say your first time is your best time. If you do anything before you die, take an ecstasy and put on your all-time favourite music album. You'll never forget it.

Ecstasy is amazing. Bottom line.

Hardly ever do it... I know its not good for you. But if you ever have a chance to do some decent pills i highly recomend it.

Its not like you're "drugged" and you lose control of your mind. The polar opposite for me. I become highly perceptive. Every feeling has so much more weight... I understand our place in the universe. I know that there is something more, i just know. Drugs have different effects on different people, but E opened up my 3rd eye, so to speak.

I'll never be able to explain it to somebody who hasnt been there. Some people dance on E... I go on a journey.

They say your first time is your best time. If you do anything before you die, take an ecstasy and put on your all-time favourite music album. You'll never forget it.

how true this is...ecstasy is incredible.

problem is getting good pills with high content of MDMA. I still know people that have never tried it becuase they still think u will die due to media representation and scare tactics. They never talk about the most brillant nights hundredds of thousands have on it every week.

ecstasy used in large amounts and on a regular basis will **** u up however... as other people have said be smart about it and use it scaresly.

and as yellow feather said definately a great experience.

but what the **** right is it of the government to pick and choose what I put in my body? Who are they to say that alcohol is the only method with which I can get high or drunk? What's more, why? Because it's safe? Pft.:thumbsdown:

here here..if ur an adult, u should be able to do what u want with ur own body...as long as its not affecting anyone else then so be it.

im close to 20yo, never taken an illegal substance in my life and dont plan to. however alot of my friends have and seem to have had no negative comments about it. they do it for parties and arent addicted. i still dont support it but its their choice and each to their own i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back