EA Sports AFL 16 Online Petition

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 10, 2007
Magpieland!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Orlando Magic & Florida Panthers
Stumbled across this, highly doubt it would get anywhere. I'd still prefer Big Ant to develop our AFL games but would certainly not mind EA having a crack over those guys who made AFL Live 2...

Anyhow thought it might interest some here.

EA SPORTS AFL 16 PETITION

Last edited:
Its a fairly old one but hopefully we can push it again and get it noticed! I saw they told everyone to follow some accounts to "get an exclusive look at AFL 15" so I hope this isn't just a phony page to get people to follow the admins

Its a fairly old one but hopefully we can push it again and get it noticed! I saw they told everyone to follow some accounts to "get an exclusive look at AFL 15" so I hope this isn't just a phony page to get people to follow the admins

Well going by the date it was started it was 2 days ago lol.

Might be getting it mixed up with another one?

I've fixed the Hyperlink now so should link straight to it!!!

KEEP PUSHING IT GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think there are two problems / challenges with EA developing an AFL game:
- when they developed AFL 98 and 99 they used Creative Assembly who I think were based in England. Not so sure non-Aussies could create a great AFL game, hopefully if they ever looked at it they would use a studio based here who love the sport.
- The reason BA didn't get AFL 2 was almost certainly down to money. Given that BA's requested margins and success criteria are probably less aggressive than EA's, I doubt EA would see a genuine business opportunity here. Maybe 10 -15 years down the track, who knows, but given recent history signs aren't great.

Hope I'm wrong and yes agree AFL 98 was a good start, but AFL 99 on PC was woefully incomplete with some really nasty bugs. It was released towards Christmas so it looks like EA decided to push a button halfway through test. The fact that the ideal launch time for an AFL game is probably March / April and this was ignored is mildly depressing to this day. There was a lot to like about where they were going with the game play and graphics. Also I believe it was the only AFL game that let you change the starting positions of player around the game. i.e. could have two full forwards or two players on the same wing, that type of thing. Was before it's time really.

Just to confuse things, AFL 99 on console was a port of AFL 98, the 'real' AFL 99 never made it to PS1 / PS2.

Well going by the date it was started it was 2 days ago lol.

Might be getting it mixed up with another one?

I've fixed the Hyperlink now so should link straight to it!!!

KEEP PUSHING IT GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
haha yeah sorry mate i got the wrong one :(

Would be a lot better getting Big Ant involved again.

Just for the sheer fact the gameplay for AFL Live 1 is brilliant. The best of any footy game I've ever played anyway, just the detail involved in the science of movement and the skills they managed to fit into the game is superb, like a fine wine.

Of course it would be interesting and exciting to see the results of an EA game in 2015, that is for certain...nobody is questioning that..but as was mentioned you need people who really know about the game properly to work on development..

AFL 98 was very cool!! Great game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back