Eagles Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

email from the Eagles to members

Dear

With the pre-season just a few weeks away, I think it is important that the Club gives you an update on what has been happening behind the scenes since the conclusion of the 2009 season.

As you would be aware our new coach, Michael Godden, commenced his role with the Club on October 12. Michael, in conjunction with Football Manager Kym Ireland, is in the midst of putting together the Club’s coaching panel for the 2010 season as well as working hard to improve our playing list.

When we have confirmation of either new members of our coaching panel or new players into the Club, our membership will hear it first.

What I can confirm is that our coaching panel for 2010 will not feature any of the coaching group from 2009. To this extent we thank Senior Assistants Shane Reardon and Andrew Rogers along with Reserves Coach Mark Jefferies for their service to the Club and wish them the best for the future.

In relation to our playing group, David Westbrook and Zac Hier have indicated that they will not be playing for the Eagles in 2010. Both will pursue business interests in the country - David on Kangaroo Island and Zac in his home town of Riverton. No doubt both will be missed on and off the field

I trust that you’ll join me in acknowledging the efforts of all of those mentioned above. I look forward to confirming the coaching panel in the coming weeks as well any additions to our playing group.

Regards

Chris Davies

CEO

Expect an announcement soon of the hiring of ex-west torrens eagles captain and croweater & 1st yr crow Bruce Lindsay as a assistant coach at the Eagles.

Expect an announcement soon of the hiring of ex-west torrens eagles captain and croweater & 1st yr crow Bruce Lindsay as a assistant coach at the Eagles.

Interesting. I knew that Jason Torney and Clayton Lamb had both been approached and turned the offer down.

Apparently, Torney was offered 30k to be an assistant at South but a lot, lot less for the position at Woodville Oval.

Coaching appointments from club email

Senior Coach – Michael Godden

Reserves Coach – Craig Smith

U/18 Coach – Terry Hutton

U/16 Coach – Darren Hams

Remove this Banner Ad

Back