Player Watch Edward Allan

Remove this Banner Ad

Played well in the VFL

So Debut him vs Saints?

Could be no worse then some players in AFL Team at the Moment?

Maybe. Reckon it’s time to commit early in the season to fresh blood. Macrae in the 22, Dean persisted with but played as a third tall defender not second, and one of Harrison or Allan to come into the side. It’s the perfect time for Collingwood to blood the next generation , no point waiting until it’s too late.

Time to rotate/manage the older players as we did this week with mitchell

Maybe. Reckon it’s time to commit early in the season to fresh blood. Macrae in the 22, Dean persisted with but played as a third tall defender not second, and one of Harrison or Allan to come into the side. It’s the perfect time for Collingwood to blood the next generation , no point waiting until it’s too late.

Time to rotate/manage the older players as we did this week with mitchell
Good post - even if it’s for short periods of a game, we should be looking to give game time to those who we think will replace the Mitchells, Pendleburys and Sidebottoms in the near future. Macrae showed his ability last night and should be rewarded. Similarly, start alleviating the workload on Sidey on the wing by reducing his minutes there and look to play him further forward of the ball.

Good post - even if it’s for short periods of a game, we should be looking to give game time to those who we think will replace the Mitchells, Pendleburys and Sidebottoms in the near future. Macrae showed his ability last night and should be rewarded. Similarly, start alleviating the workload on Sidey on the wing by reducing his minutes there and look to play him further forward of the ball.

re Allan… maybe not yet though… the actual VFL season hasn’t even started yet.

Also add Reef to that list

We need him to kick the door down in the VFL next week. There's a spot in the AFL for him with how many guys are struggling in the AFL atm.
It’s a pity Ash didn’t take his chance

I wanted Allan to debut in the first 10 weeks of last session 😂

His talent is evident.

As others have said…. Time to rotate some of the older 30+ players in and out

If their form warrants it, kids like Macrae, Harrison, Reef, Allan, Ryan… should all get a look in this year before the mid season bye… and I don’t mean as sub either

I’d also give Sullivan a go soon. The bloke has waited many years and will bring the effort and hunger that others are lacking in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need him to kick the door down in the VFL next week. There's a spot in the AFL for him with how many guys are struggling in the AFL atm.
Who would he replace though? The midfielders aren’t playing that badly, I think we a system and intensity issue. Perhaps scape goat somebody to stun the others into action.

Don’t know if Allan is the answer though, we need another like Mcreery or WHE. Somebody that does the team things, maybe Sullivan to lead head first on the ball.

But otherwise agree with general sentiment we need to get games into the kids because they are our depth in most positions

But who would you drop to provide the youth the opportunities?

We wouldn’t drop Pendlebury or Sidebottom, because it’s their experience that the youth need to play alongside to help their development.

We couldn’t drop Crisp because he’s playing well and his mission to play 5 kazillion million consecutive games, and nobody has the heart to take that off him.

Howe? Not really many other KPD options.

Mihocek? Not many other KPF options either.

Elliott? Maybe, but he’s still a lot more dependable than any of our young forwards would be.

Mitchell? He’s not even in the side at the moment to drop

WHE? Maybe, but he’s far from our worst at the moment.

Maybe Cox? Sure, but I don’t see anybody pushing for Begg or Steene to play.

But who would you drop to provide the youth the opportunities?

We wouldn’t drop Pendlebury or Sidebottom, because it’s their experience that the youth need to play alongside to help their development.

We couldn’t drop Crisp because he’s playing well and his mission to play 5 kazillion million consecutive games, and nobody has the heart to take that off him.

Howe? Not really many other KPD options.

Mihocek? Not many other KPF options either.

Elliott? Maybe, but he’s still a lot more dependable than any of our young forwards would be.

Mitchell? He’s not even in the side at the moment to drop

WHE? Maybe, but he’s far from our worst at the moment.

Maybe Cox? Sure, but I don’t see anybody pushing for Begg or Steene to play.

Crisp has not started the season well at all, however I wouldn't be dropping him nor would he be in danger of it happening yet.

Keep notching up the losses and someone will make way for more youth. Let's hope it doesn't come to that as it's a bad year to dip.

Who would he replace though? The midfielders aren’t playing that badly, I think we a system and intensity issue. Perhaps scape goat somebody to stun the others into action.

Don’t know if Allan is the answer though, we need another like Mcreery or WHE. Somebody that does the team things, maybe Sullivan to lead head first on the ball.

But otherwise agree with general sentiment we need to get games into the kids because they are our depth in most positions

Lipinski?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I have been hopeful on Allan but he was very ordinary in the pre season games. Needs a few very good VFL performances before he would be ready for selection
Did you catch the VFL practice match? I haven't, but reports make it sound as if he went well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back