Player Watch Edward Allan

Remove this Banner Ad

Who would he replace though? The midfielders aren’t playing that badly, I think we a system and intensity issue. Perhaps scape goat somebody to stun the others into action.

Don’t know if Allan is the answer though, we need another like Mcreery or WHE. Somebody that does the team things, maybe Sullivan to lead head first on the ball.

But otherwise agree with general sentiment we need to get games into the kids because they are our depth in most positions
Ed could play the WHE role - he's taller and faster and has similar endurance.

But who would you drop to provide the youth the opportunities?

We wouldn’t drop Pendlebury or Sidebottom, because it’s their experience that the youth need to play alongside to help their development.

We couldn’t drop Crisp because he’s playing well and his mission to play 5 kazillion million consecutive games, and nobody has the heart to take that off him.

Howe? Not really many other KPD options.

Mihocek? Not many other KPF options either.

Elliott? Maybe, but he’s still a lot more dependable than any of our young forwards would be.

Mitchell? He’s not even in the side at the moment to drop

WHE? Maybe, but he’s far from our worst at the moment.

Maybe Cox? Sure, but I don’t see anybody pushing for Begg or Steene to play.
Elliott and Johnson would be the first to have a spell from our forward line. Johnson’s would likely be a permanent one. Elliott’s absence would allow Sidey to play forward and rotate with the incoming wing.

Frampton would come in for Johnson and start back. Howe to be swung forward.

Cox to come out which would free up a spot. Frampton could potentially play as the chop-out for Cameron.

Pendles to go to half-back for Crisp. McCreery could play midfield minutes when Crisp isn’t there, or Pendles.

However the team is constructed, there are at least 3 changes that we could make that free up 3 spots. The other changes for me can be in the roles that players are being asked to play. I wouldn’t deviate from core roles, but would just look to change some of the minutes that are allocated to veterans such as Sidey and Pendles. Bobby Hill could also be a candidate for some time on the wing - it just seems apparent to me that Sidey doesn’t have the legs anymore to compete at the highest level in a very difficult position to play, so we need to start planning for a transition.

Last edited:

Elliott and Johnson would be the first to have a spell from our forward line. Johnson’s would likely be a permanent one. Elliott’s absence would allow Sidey to play forward and rotate with the incoming wing.

Cox to come out which would free up a spot. Frampton could potentially play as the chop-out for Cameron.

Pendles to go to half-back for Crisp. McCreery could play midfield minutes when Crisp isn’t there, or Pendles.

However the team is constructed, there are at least 3 changes that we could make that free up 3 spots. The other changes for me can be in the roles that players are being asked to play. I wouldn’t deviate from core roles, but would just look to change some of the minutes that are allocated to veterans such as Sidey and Pendles. Bobby Hill could also be a candidate for some time on the wing - it just seems apparent to me that Sidey doesn’t have the legs anymore to compete at the highest level in a very difficult position to play, so we need to start planning Thor a transition.
Thor at full forward works for me.
1710651265133.jpeg

Did you catch the VFL practice match? I haven't, but reports make it sound as if he went well
No i did t and am very happy to hear he did well. He will need more than 1 good VFL week though to be pushing selection would be my guess

However the team is constructed, there are at least 3 changes that we could make that free up 3 spots. The other changes for me can be in the roles that players are being asked to play. I wouldn’t deviate from core roles, but would just look to change some of the minutes that are allocated to veterans such as Sidey and Pendles. Bobby Hill could also be a candidate for some time on the wing - it just seems apparent to me that Sidey doesn’t have the legs anymore to compete at the highest level in a very difficult position to play, so we need to start planning Thor a transition.
Sidey has the legs. Quit worrying

May be an unpopular opinion, however, I’d like to see Harrison on a wing.

Its where he has been training. Wing/forward.
Usually if Ed goes inside, HH goes to the wing. When Ed is on the wing, HH moves forward.

Not definitive yet but so far he strikes me as the wingman version of Scharenberg.

Everything he does is kind of safe but he's slow and lacks the hurt factor.

I'm not tied to any particular young players, only to the perception that we lack the leg speed of Sydney and GWS and should seek to address this with selection and blooding new talent.

If Harrison's the best wing option, great. If it's Allan, also great. Younger players usually need to be persisted with and in the process, the coaching staff are likely to be able to determine their most appropriate position.

Not definitive yet but so far he strikes me as the wingman version of Scharenberg.

I haven’t seen much of him, is he slow or just not making the best use of it, I thought one of his standouts was size and speed.

I haven’t seen much of him, is he slow or just not making the best use of it, I thought one of his standouts was size and speed.
He's still learning how to best use it. He's 194cm and quite good inside the contest. It's not unusual that he will take time and he's only just starting his second year in AFL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's still learning how to best use it. He's 194cm and quite good inside the contest. It's not unusual that he will take time and he's only just starting his second year in AFL
I've said it before. He's an F1 car driven by a kid on L plates. Hopefully that kid learns to become a racing car driver - but he might not.

His speed and dominance is very present. I don’t think it lacks hurt factor - he wouldn’t be regularly named in our best if so. He’s hope from the seconds.

I’d prefer a player who takes his time and is efficient than one who kicks in quickly to the opposition.

Here’s hoping he gets through tonight’s VFL game, and plays well.

I’d be giving him a AFL debut in the next couple of weeks.

We won’t beat Brisbane, so if we then go 0-5, it’s time to bring in Allan and Harrison for sure, and start getting Di Mattia warm, Dean can get more of a run, Macrae playing more than 30 mins… go bananas.

Here’s hoping he gets through tonight’s VFL game, and plays well.

I’d be giving him a AFL debut in the next couple of weeks.

Even next week.

Could be no worse then some in the AFL Side at the Moment

I rkn Scharenberg would've made it if his injuries didn't Rob him of his key development/best 22 years.

Could've taken that Murphy role.

We won’t beat Brisbane, so if we then go 0-5, it’s time to bring in Allan and Harrison for sure, and start getting Di Mattia warm, Dean can get more of a run, Macrae playing more than 30 mins… go bananas.

I wouldn't bring in anymore then 3 at a time in 2024.

All you are doing is guarantee that Freo and Hawks benefit if we go full rebuild too early and give the season up to develop.

Given our draft hand that will be a 25, 26 and maybe 27 fate.
Tasmania comes in in 2028 and hopefully we rebound with Moore, Maynard and Degoey hitting 31.

Should we have the wheels fall off I'd be looking to trade out some much loved player with any currency at end of year like an Elliott.
Harsh but we need trade currency to help stimulate the rebuild.

I wouldn't bring in anymore then 3 at a time in 2024.

All you are doing is guarantee that Freo and Hawks benefit if we go full rebuild too early and give the season up to develop.

Given our draft hand that will be a 25, 26 and maybe 27 fate.
Tasmania comes in in 2028 and hopefully we rebound with Moore, Maynard and Degoey hitting 31.

Should we have the wheels fall off I'd be looking to trade out some much loved player with any currency at end of year like an Elliott.
Harsh but we need trade currency to help stimulate the rebuild.

jamie has been a great player but has zero trade value at his age.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back