Multiplat Elden Ring

Remove this Banner Ad

That trailer. Holy s**t.

200.gif

Looks good but I probably won't be able to play it if it's going to be as hard as Bloodborne/Souls
These games do actually give you options to reduce the difficulty but it's built into the mechanics of the game, rather than selecting a difficulty mode from a menu. I won't list them all here but there are certain builds in Souls games that are essentially "easy mode". Most of these games also allow you to summon AI or other human players for boss fights. There are plenty of guides out there to help you.

Then again maybe these games just aren't for you. No shame in that. Just find something else that suits your tastes better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was kind of hoping it showed something a bit different or new. Nothing wrong with another Souls style game but still, I wanted to see some evolution. Hopefully the next trailer will deliver.

Looks great. The scale of looks enormous, can't wait to get lost in exploring and reading lore stuff I won't truly get until someone smarter than me puts it together.

Some cool things were the introduction of mounts, mounts that double jump, fighting that big ******* dragon that summons lightning bolts on a mount. Something of an alalgamation of the movement improvements they'd made since Bloodborne.

I don't think these games really show off that well on an initial look for people not already into From games, most of the joy, for me anyway is in the exploration and level design and you can't really get a lot of that from these days. Plus, they tend to save a lot up their sleeves when it comes to the more unique looking areas.

I don't think these games really show off that well on an initial look for people not already into From games, most of the joy, for me anyway is in the exploration and level design and you can't really get a lot of that from these days. Plus, they tend to save a lot up their sleeves when it comes to the more unique looking areas.
People should also note that it's a cross-gen game meaning it won't have the cutting edge visuals you will see in next gen exclusives like the Demons Souls remake. The visual fidelity looks in line with Dark Souls 3/Sekiro but with larger environments. I'm fine with this though because the art direction is impeccable. They make beautiful games even if they aren't the most technically proficient studio out there.

People should also note that it's a cross-gen game meaning it won't have the cutting edge visuals you will see in next gen exclusives like the Demons Souls remake. The visual fidelity looks in line with Dark Souls 3/Sekiro but with larger environments. I'm fine with this though because the art direction is impeccable. They make beautiful games even if they aren't the most technically proficient studio out there.
Yeah, agreed. The beauty of their games is in the art directions and the environments. I'm pretty sure in a non-covid world this was probably intended to be released pre-ps5/new X-box's anyway.

Namco-Bandai's decision to play up the difficulty of Dark Souls for marketing purposes really did the games a disservice in terms of reaching a wider audience. They really aren't that hard if you understand the mechanics and they give the player numerous different ways to reduce difficulty.

I'm willing to pay Sekiro as being hard because you can't summon other players to help you in boss fights, and there is no overpowered magic build. The rest of them have an easy mode built into them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back