Unrestricted Free Agent Elliot Yeo [UFA 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

So you agree that a club offering longer security for Martin will probably secure his services, in whatever form they end up being??
Nope

I don't see Martin going to another club.
I think he will retire.

TBH, I couldn't see another club being that interested in him either.

So you agree that a club offering longer security for Martin will probably secure his services, in whatever form they end up being??
If i was Dusty & got an offer of $900k x 3 years

I would bite their hand off

* But from whats been mentioned in the media Dusty is worth around $30,000,000 in property investments

If i was Dusty & got an offer of $900k x 3 years

I would bite their hand off

* But from whats been mentioned in the media Dusty is worth around $30,000,000 in property investments

Then he is definitely going to play on so he can afford that land tax bill.

The $100k pa is after tax.

Your $1000,000 difference is pre tax.

Eagles know they don't need to 100% match any interstate offer. It costs money to relocate and upend your family.

We can always slot him in as a assistant coach post retirement to make up the difference and spread the cost over a couple more years plus gives him longer term security.

Not a good look for the kids if we let him go. And cap space isn't an issue in the next three years.
The top tax bracket is 45%, that is before you start to get creative with ways of reducing it that the rich generally do.

Your numbers are way out.

The top tax bracket is 45%, that is before you start to get creative with ways of reducing it that the rich generally do.

Your numbers are way out.

Sure, tax planing is a factor.

Just like family planning and lifestyle. Which some people are ignoring

Reported he is very keen to stay in WA. So unless Freo offer massive overs sounds like he and the club will get something done.

Sure, tax planing is a factor.

Just like family planning and lifestyle. Which some people are ignoring

Reported he is very keen to stay in WA. So unless Freo offer massive overs sounds like he and the club will get something done.
The other factor is the offers in the media are generally bullshit. I would be shocked if Adelaide were actually offering 2.7m over three years for Yeo with his injury history and he is currently injured.

The other factor is the offers in the media are generally bullshit. I would be shocked if Adelaide were actually offering 2.7m over three years for Yeo with his injury history and he is currently injured.

Adelaide had a big chunk of salary cap reserved for their Melbourne target tall that didn't go through.

Adelaide had a big chunk of salary cap reserved for their Melbourne target tall that didn't go through.
They should reserve it for a good footballer they actually need as opposed to the best looking free agent they can find.

Its the old buying a Lous Vutton handbag cos you got 7,000 bucks and its not enough for a good car or house deposit. Just fricken keep it until you get enough to afford a nice car

They should reserve it for a good footballer they actually need as opposed to the best looking free agent they can find.

Its the old buying a Lous Vutton handbag cos you got 7,000 bucks and its not enough for a good car or house deposit. Just fricken keep it until you get enough to afford a nice car

Adelaide have a great forward line but a pedestrian midfield, workman might be a better word to use. They work hard, honest and hard, but outside of a couple they are elite effort players lifting their quality to AFL level.

Yeo would be a clearance machine for them, allow Dawson to be even more damaging and get the ball inside their F50 more often.

The same as he would at WC. He will make Adelaide much better for a little window until they lose lots of talented older guys, same as WC.

I guess the question for WC is do they want to pay to keep Yeo, given that money shouldn't be a problem, but playing him will mean the side wins eight to ten games a year for a couple of years and the guys being brought in are drawn from draft picks around #10 instead of around #2 to #5?

Does it achieve anything to be middle of the ladder during your rebuild?

Adelaide have a great forward line but a pedestrian midfield, workman might be a better word to use. They work hard, honest and hard, but outside of a couple they are elite effort players lifting their quality to AFL level.

Yeo would be a clearance machine for them, allow Dawson to be even more damaging and get the ball inside their F50 more often.

The same as he would at WC. He will make Adelaide much better for a little window until they lose lots of talented older guys, same as WC.

I guess the question for WC is do they want to pay to keep Yeo, given that money shouldn't be a problem, but playing him will mean the side wins eight to ten games a year for a couple of years and the guys being brought in are drawn from draft picks around #10 instead of around #2 to #5?

Does it achieve anything to be middle of the ladder during your rebuild?

Adelaide are middle of the ladder too. I just think they need pace and better ball movement and not another clearance winner. I’d be all in on Lukosius and move picks on to get a player we need as opposed to overpay for a player we don’t

Adelaide are middle of the ladder too. I just think they need pace and better ball movement and not another clearance winner. I’d be all in on Lukosius and move picks on to get a player we need as opposed to overpay for a player we don’t

Adelaide can get both and move from middle of the ladder into finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeepers! 1m for Elliot Yeo?

The AFL world has lost its mind.

I'm content with the values of the contracts being directly compared and if one is a million dollars more across three years I can understand why you say it's $100-150k after tax extra a year.

$300 to 450k in cash difference is life changing money in the last contract he will get out of playing footy.
$450K is life changing for us preasant villagers but hardly a needle move for someone that's learnt $7M+ in a career and invested heavily into businesses that are generating even more money.

I really feel Yeo

Has had his career really cruelled by injury

Needs to start looking at coaching or some other aspect of life out of football

Any team that has a list sport would be giving to some kid or bit part player from the VFL as they might turn out to be useful

Honestly reckon Yeo is done
If a club offers Yeo a "player transitioning into coaching" type role, maybe that would work.

If a club offers Yeo a "player transitioning into coaching" type role, maybe that would work.
Yeah

Emphasis would have to be on the mentoring / transition to coaching aspect

Unfortunately about 4-6 games of him fully fit is probably all you could realistically expect (I have no insider knowledge just based on history)

Apart from anything else it must be pretty soul destroying for him to build back up to match fit only to get hit by injury after injury

If we are, you know Reid (and Ogilvie) are firmly on the hotseat to keep their jobs.

Mind you, we paid that to an injured Sloane in the last few years so who knows, it might be a comfort thing that we have 8-900 k in the hospital ward.

Cerra
Neale
Hogan
Hill

Then you lost someone to melb and gc / gws

Try again champ
Cerra got us Jye Amiss...

Neale Ironically got us Hogan.

Hogan unfortunately didnt work out.

Brad Hill and a 2020 3rd rounder for a massive package of Blake Acres, Pick 10, Pick 58, 2020 2nd rounder and 2020 4th rounder. I dont care what anyone says, Freo won that trade.

But the Hogan trade set freo back 1000 years lol

try again champ.

Time will tell.

Money isnt everything. Family life and situation matters. You ignored that.

And he will be well paid to stay. During and potentially even post playing career at the Eagles.

Now if Freo offered him a much better deal than the Eagles I'd be worried.
remember that rumour back in 2017 or 2018 that Hayden Ballantyne wanted to be traded to West coast? lol

He would be a great addition to a contending team who can manage him in game with depth.

Imagine if he went to Carlton and they could switch him and Cripps around from deep forward to inside bull throughout a game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back