Endless Summer of Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
3/50 off 10, run rate 5.00

All other bowlers combined 3/290 off 40, run rate 7.25

You're making yourself look extremely silly.

Just accept that he's a solid yet unspectacular one day bowler who does a reasonable job at international level and we have no one remotely close to being better than him at present
Actually we only took more wickets as a bowling group, I don't count the runout as a "bowling" wicket.

Zampa was fine.

3/50 off 10, run rate 5.00

All other bowlers combined 3/290 off 40, run rate 7.25

You're making yourself look extremely silly.

Just accept that he's a solid yet unspectacular one day bowler who does a reasonable job at international level and we have no one remotely close to being better than him at present

But but but. he wants Glenn Bedwetter Maxwell in the side

But but but. he wants Glenn Bedwetter Maxwell in the side
Funny you mention that. How many players could have come in at 5 or 6 and turned that game on it's head. Not many. Maxwell is one that could have. Instead an out of form Turner is in the side and with the game on the line, guess what, he batted like a bloke out of form. All i wanted is players in form picked and in the side. I've not seen Maxwell batting more confidently than he has recently.

Either Head or Maxwell should be there instead of Turner. He's NEVER really had the run of sustained form that should make someone a national player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Turner is living off that one blazing innings in India a year or two ago

Certainly India would much prefer to bowl to him than Maxwell.

A shame Maxwell had such a poor World Cup followed by the mental health break. He would have been perfect for last night's run chase

Why is the ICC banning players for celebrating wickets?
With his previous reports he's under more Umpire scrutiny that most.
The latest incident is not ban-worthy by itself, but it's his fourth report (I think --- fifth?) within a specified period --- four strikes and you're out for a Test.
It's a bit like driving with 11 points on your licence; one more (even minor) offence and you'll lose it. Time to drive very carefully.

After 3 reports Rabada would have been wise to tone it down a little. Besides, bowling a batsman is the best way to make a point; bellowing a scream of triumph is unnecessary (watch the video).

Did anyone see the smith lbw review, to me you couldn’t see daylight as snicko went crazy.
But Darren Gough said he could see daylight, luckily the ball was just clipping the wicket so the review went with umpires call (be interesting to know if the on field umpire thought he nicked it or it was missing the stumps)

Head or Maxwell?

Maxwell. T20 and ODI matchwinner.
Better than Hodge was, but just as mysteriously out of favour. Must have stepped on somebody's toes, anyone know?
No, it's more to do with him having time off for his mental health. Sure he will be back later.

Head averaged 35 and went at 90% scoring rate. Pretty good for a number 5.

Did anyone see the smith lbw review, to me you couldn’t see daylight as snicko went crazy.
But Darren Gough said he could see daylight, luckily the ball was just clipping the wicket so the review went with umpires call (be interesting to know if the on field umpire thought he nicked it or it was missing the stumps)
It was Michael Gough. Darren Gough probably sits around drinking beer these days. But yes, that was a ridiculous claim to suggest that there was daylight between bat and ball. The daylight was only seen between the face of the bat and the ball a frame or two earlier because of the angle of the bat. As the ball went past the bat, there was no daylight and there could have easily been an inside edge there. I think the spike in snicko well before the ball got to the batsman is what made him completely ignore snicko.

It was Michael Gough. Darren Gough probably sits around drinking beer these days. But yes, that was a ridiculous claim to suggest that there was daylight between bat and ball. The daylight was only seen between the face of the bat and the ball a frame or two earlier because of the angle of the bat. As the ball went past the bat, there was no daylight and there could have easily been an inside edge there. I think the spike in snicko well before the ball got to the batsman is what made him completely ignore snicko.
Ah Michael!
There were 2 spikes though, one well before and one at the frame (fatter spike) as the ball went past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back