Senior List
May 4, 2002
Canberra
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
What is going on down at Optus??

Are our players believing the press "no Silvagni, no Kouta- they can't win"? Are they just so down on confidence?

Last night, from what I saw on the replay- they were "gone" so to speak from the time they ran out onto the field it seemed- the deer caught in the headlights scenario. For you 'older' music fans they looked like a whole team of Brian Wilsons running around out there.

Do we need to get a sports psycologist down there pronto? Do we need to get Ron Barassi or someone of that ilk to speak to the lads.

Should they have a week off training, go to the pub every night- something? Should Corza see an optometrist? Should Big Jack fall on his sword?

I have been going around in circles about this, as I'm sure most other Carlton fans have- what do YOU think we should do?

The players are being asked to reinvent themselves in roles they are not used to playing. We are asking Plunkett and Franchina to show the skills of a Ratten. We are asking Eccles and Freeborn to play like a Campo, we are asking Mansfield and Houlihan to act like a Koutoufides. Examples only but clearly that is not the role they have been used to and their confidence is not there. Not unexpected IMO.

Look you don't lose to a team in a superior position injury wise after fumbling, turning the ball over at will, dropping easy marks and missing easy goals, if you are not at least applying yourselves. If they showed no heart, they would have lost by 100. They are undermanned pure and simple and have had to watch their teammates going down injured week after week and every time it is one of the upper echelon players going down. You can not expect a goldfish to behave like a shark by simply instilling confidence in them either. Corey's problems are Corey's problems, he came to OO to get away from them but someone slipped them into his luggage.

Bee

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 6, 2000
In your bonnet!
AFL Club
Carlton
Call me a sceptic, if you want, but does there seem to be an influx of "Carlton Supporters" in here all of a sudden?
The type of "supporters" who want to point out the troubles at Carlton at the moment.
These people have come from out of the blue (no pun intended), no introduction but all seem to be "worried" about what's happening at Carlton.
Where have they all come from all of a sudden?
Are they real supporters or maybe someone's idea of a subtle troll!

Not sceptical Bee but we have had reason to be wary in the past.

I don't mind subtle trolls as they are harmless unless they turn around and unload on us all of a sudden. The questions are valid and anyone could read them anyway. Sometimes it is good therapy for people to ask the hard questions anyway. The more the merrier.:)

Back