Essendon fined $200,000 in Workcover case

Remove this Banner Ad

Considering your argument was "but the media said they'd get a million per charge" I think he's right to cut you off.
Not my argument at all, the legislation calls for a Million per charge. Said that some in the media were saying that they were expecting a $310k per charge

Not my argument at all, the legislation calls for a Million per charge. Said that some in the media were saying that they were expecting a $310k per charge
Oh my bad.

Considering your argument is "But that's not what the media said would happen" I still think he was right to pull you up.

Jury_GavalWithGuiltyStamp_WEB-2fuo6c9.jpg

The most disgraceful episode in Australian Sporting History keeps on keeping on.

Lot of excited lawyers today, there mission to sue just got a lot easier.
I'd say that was when we pleaded guilty to worksafe charges. Today has made no difference at all really.

Enjoy your cheap likes though lovelace

Oh well then best wrap up Bigfooty since no one can have a dissenting view to the great Jade:rolleyes:

Oh you can have a dissenting view, just don't do what you're doing, and make factual errors - it only ends in embarrassment.

Considering the pundits were talking $400k, $200K is manageable.
Considering what Essendon have spent so far on this whole saga, $200k borders on being petty cash

Oh you can have a dissenting view, just don't do what you're doing, and make factual errors - it only ends in embarrassment.
How do you then class EFC under WHS Act then if not an organisation/employer?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's not what the legislation calls for.

Might want to back away before this turns ugly.

How do you then class EFC under WHS Act then if not an organisation/employer?

WOW..... you just keep going eh?

Where did I say EFC was NOT an organisation?

You need to stop quick mate, you're so woefully ill-informed, you haven't even figured out what I'm correcting you on....

The club had asked in Melbourne Magistrates Court to be spared convictions, but magistrate Peter Reardon on Thursday said the breaches were significant and imposed convictions on both charges.

Mr Reardon fined Essendon $50,000 on the first charge and $150,000 on the second and ordered the club pay $20,000 costs to WorkSafe Victoria, which prosecuted the case.

Does this have an impact on Essendon being able to hold a gaming licence? That was one of the issues raised in terms of Melbourne's non-tanking finding.

The club had asked in Melbourne Magistrates Court to be spared convictions, but magistrate Peter Reardon on Thursday said the breaches were significant and imposed convictions on both charges.

Mr Reardon fined Essendon $50,000 on the first charge and $150,000 on the second and ordered the club pay $20,000 costs to WorkSafe Victoria, which prosecuted the case.

Does this have an impact on Essendon being able to hold a gaming licence? That was one of the issues raised in terms of Melbourne's non-tanking finding.

Essendon Football Club is only in part linked to the gaming licence which is under the auspices of the Essendon Football Community and Sporting Club. the football club doesn't directly benefit from the gaming licence it holds.

I could be wrong, but I believe that's entirely at the discretion of the VCGLR.

The 305k per charge is the maximum the magistrates court could have levied, to get to that million figure needed to go to a higher court.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back