berisha

Club Legend
Mar 22, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Burnley, San Jose Sharks
Evil West (Flying Wild Hog & Focus Entertainment) has been one of my most anticipated games since it was announced. Gives me massive Darkwatch vibes with a mix of Doom and Devil May Cry. Got a release date yesterday – September 20. PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and PC.

Thoughts?

Game and reviews are out now. Our review is below if you want to check it out:

We also did a short video review for this one, any subs appreciated. YT is a platform we've not been able to put as much time into as we would have liked.

I tried but uninstalled after a couple hours. Felt like an early PS4 game with absolutely no disrespect to the PS4.

For your punishment in not agreeing with me that Evil West is a bloody fantastic game, I will ordering you to play Infinite Wealth in 19 days and enjoy it.

Interesting. What didn't you like about it?

Not just one thing I can put my finger on, I just couldn't vibe with it. Firstly it just feels super dated. I looked up the UE version just to get an idea of around when it was in production and was surprised to see it was apparently 4.26. A lot of how things worked felt old to me and the obvious optimisation decisions made it feel like it was targetting old hardware and was just a port of a previous gen game. Then of the 2 or 3 hours I spent with it just felt like it was all by the numbers. Like somebody just wanted to make a game and had a bunch of boxes to tick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not just one thing I can put my finger on, I just couldn't vibe with it. Firstly it just feels super dated. I looked up the UE version just to get an idea of around when it was in production and was surprised to see it was apparently 4.26. A lot of how things worked felt old to me and the obvious optimisation decisions made it feel like it was targetting old hardware and was just a port of a previous gen game. Then of the 2 or 3 hours I spent with it just felt like it was all by the numbers. Like somebody just wanted to make a game and had a bunch of boxes to tick.
I definitely get what you're saying but I loved the old-school nature of it. I thought the combat was extremely satisfying and premise was pretty cool (love me some cowboy vampires).

I tried but uninstalled after a couple hours. Felt like an early PS4 game with absolutely no disrespect to the PS4.

Same.

Felt dated and kinda boring.

that makes me sad

Come Austin Powers GIF

Same.

Felt dated and kinda boring.

I started a couple of months ago and have done a level here and there, but not really feeling any strong urge to return. Seems like a game to use as a break from other games. Not hating it at all, just not overly invested, either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back