Society & Culture Facebook

Remove this Banner Ad

Wedding after party?? Never heard of such thing. Isn’t that just the reception??

Well, after party is overstating it. More like a wake, I suppose.

You invite everyone around for a casual get together the day after the wedding, possibly a few drinks, possibly not. Share a few stories and a few laughs from what happened on the day.

More of a thing when the wedding hasn't been held locally (i.e. you're all staying at hotels anyway) but I've certainly been to those sort of after parties after a local wedding. It's seldom a huge turnout, maybe 20-30 would be the norm.

You invite everyone around for a casual get together the day after the wedding, possibly a few drinks, possibly not. Share a few stories and a few laughs from what happened on the day.

More of a thing when the wedding hasn't been held locally (i.e. you're all staying at hotels anyway) but I've certainly been to those sort of after parties after a local wedding. It's seldom a huge turnout, maybe 20-30 would be the norm.

What happened to a honeymoon? Maybe all the people that didn't like your wedding post are still waiting for their invitation.

I found real love on Facebook, after a long heart desert.

The platform is what you put into it, and it only sells who you really are, if you are true.

I am just saying, are we blaming Facebook for the human condition?

What happened to a honeymoon? Maybe all the people that didn't like your wedding post are still waiting for their invitation.

In my experience people don't tend to go on their honeymoon immediately (like, straight from the reception) that much anymore. They tend to wait a couple of days, if not a few months, rather than heading to the airport in a car with a just married sign and a few cans tied to the axle on the same day as the wedding.

We drove home on Sunday night, spent the entire day on Monday packing and flew out on Monday night. And if we had our time again, we would have pushed it back a few months longer.

In my experience people don't tend to go on their honeymoon immediately (like, straight from the reception) that much anymore. They tend to wait a couple of days, if not a few months, rather than heading to the airport in a car with a just married sign and a few cans tied to the axle on the same day as the wedding.

We drove home on Sunday night, spent the entire day on Monday packing and flew out on Monday night. And if we had our time again, we would have pushed it back a few months longer.

How many photos did you post from your honeymoon? Did you Facebook "check in" at the airport?

Ah. It sounded like you all went out clubbing that night.

Yeah, I’ve been to a fe few these in Melbourne. We usually spend the following day taking shots/swigs of Kava. But usually it’s just family, rather than friends.

I’m yet to go to a destination wedding.

If you count your likes and friends on Facebook, bigfooty or in real life, you are just as big of a flog as the people this thread was designed to mock.

Never count your money when you’re sitting at the table. There’ll be time enough for counting when the dealing’s done.

Ah. It sounded like you all went out clubbing that night.

Yeah, I’ve been to a fe few these in Melbourne. We usually spend the following day taking shots/swigs of Kava. But usually it’s just family, rather than friends.

I’m yet to go to a destination wedding.

Not really. I suppose it was a reasonably big wedding but not especially rowdy. It was just at a beachside town and the in-laws have a big place down there with a huge deck, so it seemed to be a decent idea to get anyone who wanted to along for the next day.

But it was pretty crap weather, people had to get home to their kids, or were just keen to get home full stop, so it was a fairly low turnout.

If you count your likes and friends on Facebook, bigfooty or in real life, you are just as big of a flog as the people this thread was designed to mock.

Never count your money when you’re sitting at the table. There’ll be time enough for counting when the dealing’s done.
Spot on!

You're welcome to make whatever inferences you choose, or you can take the subject on face value as "Is a Facebook friend's wedding post automatically worthy of a like?". You can expand it to "Are you more likely to post 'Happy Birthday!' on a Facebook friend's wall, or 'like' their wedding post?" if you like. For some reason, people seem more inclined to do the happy birthday thing, which surprises me.

The number of likes my post got wouldn't have been in the top 20 things that bothered me or pissed me off over the wedding/honeymoon period and overall, the wedding was brilliant. So hopefully that gives people a general gauge of my concern about it all.

I liked your post to boost your spirits a touch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So basically you're saying that likes are like sweep shots?

What are the positives for the average person that social media brings? Does it outweigh the negatives?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to know more

If you’re kicking off a three-day bender which includes an event Saturday night which needs a suit, just put the suit on Friday arvo.

Sure, people might think you’re overdressed, but it sure beats turning up the next night to a formal joint in a sweat-stained skinny t-shirt, looking lost, sad and impotent like Jake Stringer with the ball on the wing.

And yes, people always say “why don’t you just go home on the Saturday arvo, shower and change?” but it’s never them who blacks in whilst sitting on a seatless dunny at revolver at 3pm, wondering what the hell was in that dime bag you bought at bottom of stairs at the 21 Arms, and also how the hell you got here, because Ballarat is a long way from where you are now, and also that place closed in about 2008.

Honestly it’s all about staying ahead of the game, and keeping one step ahead.

Bring a can of deodorant though, too

You're welcome to make whatever inferences you choose, or you can take the subject on face value as "Is a Facebook friend's wedding post automatically worthy of a like?". You can expand it to "Are you more likely to post 'Happy Birthday!' on a Facebook friend's wall, or 'like' their wedding post?" if you like. For some reason, people seem more inclined to do the happy birthday thing, which surprises me.

The number of likes my post got wouldn't have been in the top 20 things that bothered me or pissed me off over the wedding/honeymoon period and overall, the wedding was brilliant. So hopefully that gives people a general gauge of my concern about it all.

if you post your wedding photos in this thread i promise to like them

if you post your wedding photos in this thread i promise to like them

Duly noted.

You know, I can't escape the irony of people piling on in this thread to throw a few potshots for no apparent purpose, other than to get a couple of those sweet general discussion board likes.

If all the people who say they couldn't give a stuff about likes really couldn't give a stuff, they wouldn't bother having them.

Duly noted.

You know, I can't escape the irony of people piling on in this thread to throw a few potshots for no apparent purpose, other than to get a couple of those sweet general discussion board likes.

If all the people who say they couldn't give a stuff about likes really couldn't give a stuff, they wouldn't bother having them.

So you assume everyone else interacts on Bigfooty for likes as well as you?

Duly noted.

not everyone else is obsessed with likes
as you. are you sure you arent actual a 14 year old girl?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back