Brendon Ah Chee

Remove this Banner Ad

He's way back in the queue, so if he plays multiple games this years, it would means there's long-term injury/suspension to more than 2 of Ryder, Monfries, Westhoff, Schulz, Wingard, Butcher (and perhaps Shaw), and Moore. That would pretty much point to us having a worse year than than 2014.

As for midfielders, he's just as far behind in the line-up. Given that Moore and Young werent regulars last year, I can't see Brendan getting a chance this year either unless there's heaps of injuries to Boak, Gray, Hartlett, White, Polec etc etc.

So you don't think he's trying his best? :rolleyes:

his body simply hasn't developed compared to his team mates.

which quite simply means he hasn't worked as hard. the reason for that could be attitude, fortitude, diet, preparation, injury etc.

so I can't answer your question

I'm starting to despair about Ah Chee's prospects. It's not that he doesn't deserve a starting place, he does, but others are continuing to get it in front of him even when there are injuries and loss of form among others. I can't see Ken dropping Moore after one game after he gave Sam Gray three but I would replace Mitchell with Ah Chee. Maybe with Mitchell still in the team but as the sub. Ah Chee is good enough to be 2nd or possibly even 1st replacement when Polec is better.

I think Ken needs to just give some these younger boys like Ah Chee and Amon regular games like he did with Impey. Moore and Youngy and Mitchell, even Sam Gray have had a reasonable crack over the last few years, but they haven't really stepped it up. If Ah Chee and Amon get the same opportunity do you think they could become special?

How many subs does Ah Chee need to play before he is selected to play a full game? In total he has 24 touches in 94 minutes including 12 against Carlton in 33 minutes. And more of those have been quality touches than some players who are getting full games ahead of him.

Originally posted by Macca19

16th. – 38 Votes

#41 BRENDON AHCHEE

397382.jpg

SANFL Stats (Ave):

Games: 8

Disposals: 22

Marks: 5

Goals: 4

VOTES:

BigFooty: 38 (16th)

Port: 51 (21st)

Toots: 36 (7th)

Rookie: 105 (4th)

AFL Stats:
http://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/B/Brendon_Ah_Chee.html

Notes:
Review by TeeKray
Arch began his fourth season at Port Adelaide without a senior game to his name and needing to make an impression just to retain his spot on the list at season’s end. And make an impression he did. Following some strong SANFL form, he was selected to make his AFL debut against North Melbourne in round 3. He started as substitute but had a late impact, setting up the winning goal with one of his trademark long range handballs. Arch played a further 10 games and began to really hit his straps late in the season, collecting 24 disposals, 3 goals and 3 Brownlow votes against GWS and 25 disposals and a goal against Hawthorn. His combination of a strong body, athletic prowess and a lightning handball makes Arch a unique weapon. A place in the best 22 is there for the taking if his development continues on this track.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WEST Coast has secured Port Adelaide midfielder Brendon Ah Chee after getting the Power to agree to a deal for the 23-year-old.

AFL.com.au understands the Eagles will hand over their third round selection in next year's draft while also receiving one of the Power's fourth-round picks in the 2018 draft.

The Eagles originally offered their fourth round pick in this year's draft, pick No.68 overall, while the Power were holding firm at a third round selection.

Ah Chee was searching for more opportunities to play senior football after managing just five games last season for the Power.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-17/done-deal-port-tough-nut-heads-to-the-eagles

WEST Coast has secured Port Adelaide midfielder Brendon Ah Chee after getting the Power to agree to a deal for the 23-year-old.

AFL.com.au understands the Eagles will hand over their third round selection in next year's draft while also receiving one of the Power's fourth-round picks in the 2018 draft.

The Eagles originally offered their fourth round pick in this year's draft, pick No.68 overall, while the Power were holding firm at a third round selection.

Ah Chee was searching for more opportunities to play senior football after managing just five games last season for the Power.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-17/done-deal-port-tough-nut-heads-to-the-eagles

Although sad to see him move on, it's a great result for Ah Chee and the eagles.

Good luck Ah Chee!

Such a tease with his talent, but was never able to find consistency. Didn't help either that we have a slew of players who were ahead of him at the inside mid and half forward rotational positions.

Good luck at the Eagles, Arch.

:(

Out of everyone we’re losing this off-season, this is the only one that bothers me. Trengove, Impey, Young and Lobbe have all had ample opportunities over the years. Bar maybe Impey, I’m comfortable that we weren’t ever gonna get much more out of them than we’ve already gotten. Ah Chee never received those consistent opportunities, despite arguably being the most talented of the lot. I think if any of those deals comes back to bite us, it’ll be this one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back