Podcast Farewell Lance 'Buddy' Franklin - Handbag Slayer, and Alex Rance's Daddy !

Remove this Banner Ad

No group of supporters take Grand Final losses more bitter and sour than Geelong flogs.

They are still complaining about 1995, even though we absolutely annihilated the Handbags and stole their souls that great day.

And quite clearly still crying about 2008 and 2020.

#HandbagsInTheAir
They don't win many so it must be hard to let go of the ones you lose?

Fortunately most Cats supporters only have to suffer half the game, in losing Finals and Grand Finals they're all on the train by half time heading back to sleepy hollow.

Favourite Spuddy moment was the 2022 GF of course. Joel Selwood sailed off as the ultimate winner while Henry ended Franklin's career. Great day.

View attachment 1761208
Cats who don't often have a lot too celebrate seem to be the worst supporters for celebrating injuring players and ending players careers, what a sad little lot the hoops are.

Good effort but us giving the beat down on Ablett so badly in the 2020 GF takes the cake. Even Cotchin popped that famous shoulder out 🤣

Dunno if it’s just me but the AFL world made a bigger deal out of Buddy’s retirement. Don’t think they cared for Ablett didn’t hear much.
That was the Gabba final yeah? Interstaters and Richmond fans won't like me saying this but for me it's the MCG aka the Home of Football aka Geelong Paddock or nothing. It doesn't get any better than that.

613cc958160f8a53796597559e1cb4d3

As usual, Scat fans hijacking a thread and trying to make it all about them.

I would vote we ban all Corio losers from the Bay, but then it would just be a shitfight between Freo and DanWA

Geelong flogs being insecure and making a tribute thread to one of the game's all time legend's all about them ..

#HandbagsInTheAir

Well the thread certainly can't be about Carlton.

Franklin was part of two teams that (at separate times) were Geelong's rivals at the pointy end of the competition.

That was the Gabba final yeah? Interstaters and Richmond fans won't like me saying this but for me it's the MCG aka the Home of Football aka Geelong Paddock or nothing. It doesn't get any better than that.

613cc958160f8a53796597559e1cb4d3

And we have more flags there so yeah thanks for the reminder 🤣

I’ll give you props for those pics though. Surprised you found one without Porkins gut in it. 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back