Favorite Childhood book

Remove this Banner Ad

roorat

Club Legend
May 10, 2006
Roo Country
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What was the book you most remember from your childhood. Mine would have to be anything from Nan Chauncy, especially "Tiger in the Bush" although "February Dragon" from Colin Theile is a close second.

Roald Dahl

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator
Danny: The Champion of the World
The Witches
James and the Giant Peach
The BFG

At what age? Read all the Famous Five books, Roald Dahl, CS Lewis, the Taran Wanderer series, Enid Blyton, basically read anything I could get my hands on.

Roald Dahl was the best, i loved the Witches and the BFG. I liked Enid Blytons Famous Five and Secret Seven books, but couldn't get into the faraway tree and others. But the Hobbit was my favourite book when i was a kid

This story about gluttony and i can't remember the title but i remember they took it off in the simpsons once.

Ingleberthumpledick

the hobbit

matilda

My principle is a demon

The cat in the hat

Tiger eyes - i read that about 10 times and cried every time.

The secret Garden

My first full book was "The HArdy Boys and the Flickering Torch Mystery"

I read almost every one after that. Imagine my dismay learning Franklin W Dixon was not a person, but a syndicate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I loved The Three Investigators series. Those guys had a cubby house in a junk yard. They were so cool!

The Lorax, then The Magic Faraway Tree, then The Witches, then the Animorphs and the Teen Inc series, then Ender's Game.

Good times.

Magic Faraway Tree then The Hobbit when I was a bit older.

Nice.

One part of that story that always sticks in my mind, I forget which book it was from though.

I remember the children were all playing outside their cottage, then all of a sudden Moonface came stumbling up the garden path, bawling his eyes out. The children ask him what's wrong, but he's a mess, inconsolable. Finally he is able to blurt out 'I've been spanked!!'

Turns out he pissed off Mr Whatzisname and he gave him a hiding for it!

Most books from Roald Dahl, Goosebumps books or TinTin and Asterix & Obelix comic books. Where's Wally was great as well.:thumbsu:

I use to read the old footy book series. Each team had one. It was usually about a family who watched their favorite team.I think they were made in the 80's. but they also made one for the newer teams, like eagles. Can anyone remember what the name of the series was, or the name of the author?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back