Favourite Album Covers

Remove this Banner Ad

Portia

#DrewBlood
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog Port Adelaide - Jesse Palmer Player Sponsor 2017 Podcaster Port Adelaide - Riley Bonner Player Sponsor 2016 Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Oct 7, 2001
Fragile bastion of liberalism
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Muckbuckle Dolmens
537_2445.jpg

Soundgarden - Down on the Upside
If I was trying to look like a cool band, this is the shot I'd use.

c209512pdyf.jpg

Faith No More - King For A Day...
Great vivid imagery...I've got a poster of it floating around somewhere.

d66474k5he3.jpg

Stone Temple Pilots - Purple
In the original CD case with the title printed on the case, I couldn't not buy it.

FP_-_FA_800_x_600.jpg

Funki Porcini - Fast Asleep
Its a great looking shot, but took me a while to realise that the album name was on the cover.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back in the days of vinyl there were some really cool album covers and sleeves. Most memorable I can think of was Alice Cooper and Shcools out. The whole thing looked like one of the old wooden desks you had at school with the lift up lid. I actually had a lid and fold out bits for legs etc and inside the desk was a report card and a pair of knickers!!

a-so1.jpg

Originally posted by TheSheik

d85693nui64.jpg

Gotta look very closely at those ones !!

(might not be able to see what I am referring to due to the size ??)

You are referring to the pic of the young lady taking a crap on the playing card at the bottom of the picture.

I only know that 'coz I have that album myself. Great album. :cool:

My faves, for aesthetic value and/or humour, include:

colour.jpg

TWISTEDSISTER4.JPG

CD_waters_roger4.JPG

The above is Roger Waters' "The Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking", in case you can't read it.

Not necessarily my favourite albums, but great covers nethertheless:

london%20calling.jpg

This is a great image. Gives off the impression that the Clash were these hard-core punks full of energy. If anyone's listened to this alleged 'classic', they'll know it's full of hot air. The Clash are soft.

some%20girls.jpg

The original LP had a sliding sleeve so you could change the faces of the women depicted.

sticky.jpg

This is Warhol at his best. The original had a proper zipper with what looked like some Y-fronts behind it. This has to be one of the best albumn covers ever.

And an assortment of a few others that I like for no particular reason:

odyssey%20number%205.jpg

made_in_the_shade.jpg

vulture%20street.jpg

yield.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back