Opinion Favourite Current Carlton player - Poll

Who is your favourite current Carlton player?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Crippa an absolute champion
Harry and Charlie are going to tear games to shreds
Really miss Doc and Willo down back
So many great young players to choose from
But it's Dow that excites me the most just wait til he explodes 💥❄🌪⭐

You took the words right out of my mouth. :thumbsu: I might be voting for Dow in a couple of years.

Anyone not voting for Cripps needs sir have a good long hard look at themselves .....

Who is our best player? Cripps
Who could we least afford to lose? Cripps
Who does every opposition fan covet for their team? Cripps

But best does not always equal favourite.

It's kinda cliched to pick Cripps. I like an underdog. The cult hero. I don't want to have the same number on my jumper that everyone else has, I want to honour one of the lesser lights.

I could tell all my buddies about how good cripps is, but they already know. What I won't shut up about is Harry's marking, Charlie having the potential to be the best in the league, Weiters being a champion CHB in the making JSOS's never-say-die attitude. And more.

I want to back the next big thing so when if/when they make it, I can scream I KNEW IT at the top of my lungs. What's more rewarding...backing the favourite or picking the long-shot?

Over the years I've worn #44 on my jumper for Harry madden (big dopey giraffe with an infectious goofy grin), 13 for Hanna (tough and skillful), 22 for Manton (an unusual larrikin), 45 for franchina (not the most talented, but a little scrapping mongrel), 19 for Eddie (love a goal sneak) and #8 for Krooz (all heart). I could have gone for sticks, kouta, SOS, fev and Judd.....but they had enough fans already.

It's almost impossible for me to pick a favourite right now, but if I had to..... It would be SPS.

He's got time and space, decision making and skills.
He's stronger than he looks and isn't afraid to go in hard.
Can play inside or out.
He's got a stupid rats tail.
He's had to do it tough, moving away from home and learning English at a late age
He just loves life and it makes me smile watching him talk, you can't help but notice the boyish charm.
He's cheeky and loveable.
He's a bull rider, ffs!
He's going to be a champion.

Get around him! And every player on the list! Not just the champions.

TL;DR - your favourite player doesn't have to be the best...

Always been a Levi fan, bloke just works so hard all the time.

Glad to see him finally getting recognition for his efforts.

For me it's Doc, has been since he arrived at the club. Plays with a real determination, is super impressive off the field and has genuine love of and passion for the club.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TL;DR - your favourite player doesn't have to be the best...

Fantastic post....Im of the same mindset. I had 12 for Lappin, kept it for Robbo, and begrudgingly kept it for Boek. When I bought a new jumper a few years ago, I got Willos number...off the back of his draft highlights reel. Hope he sorts out his issues.

Back