Player Watch Finlay Macrae

Remove this Banner Ad

Fin a bit unlucky. But we're actually well stocked for smaller forwards who spend a bit of time through the middle. Only missing one in Elliott and have brought in Richards, HH and in a more midfield role, Sullivan.

So while we have injuries, of the type that Macrae is competing against, there is not a great shortage.

He’s in some middle ground limbo state where he’s not quite clicking at AFL level, but he looks like a superstar that doesn’t belong in the VFL.
Does he though? I like Finn and I want him to succeed but this is a bit much.

Fin a bit unlucky. But we're actually well stocked for smaller forwards who spend a bit of time through the middle. Only missing one in Elliott and have brought in Richards, HH and in a more midfield role, Sullivan.

So while we have injuries, of the type that Macrae is competing against, there is not a great shortage.

He'll continue to develop, and more opportunities will come his way. Big summer in the gym in his future.

As I believe Fin is contracted for next year, it will be interesting to see what we do if he asks to be traded at the end of the season.

I think he still has a fair bit of improvement in him, but as proven recently with adams and ginnivan, if a player wants out we generally let them go, but we did obviously try to fight to keep ollie henry.

I do also understand those players being traded are all different circumstances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I believe Fin is contracted for next year, it will be interesting to see what we do if he asks to be traded at the end of the season.

I think he still has a fair bit of improvement in him, but as proven recently with adams and ginnivan, if a player wants out we generally let them go, but we did obviously try to fight to keep ollie henry.

I do also understand those players being traded are all different circumstances.
Given he is a 4th year player who is now out of the team that has 14 injuries and includes 4 players who are either debuting or debuted in the past month i think we would grant his request

Given he is a 4th year player who is now out of the team that has 14 injuries and includes 4 players who are either debuting or debuted in the past month i think we would grant his request

I doubt there would be a stampede of suitors for Fin. He’s very much in the same mould as the Brown brothers and Bianco. Hard working but very vanilla. With no real weapons or X-factor, I reckon most teams would prefer to take a punt on an 18 year old with greater upside potential.

I think Fin will play out his contract with us and unless he suddenly makes a big leap forward, will be delisted at the end of 2025. It’s a tough and unforgiving caper as a professional footballer.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I feel he’s an above average VFL player. Definitely looks closer to a VFL player than an AFL player though

“Above average” is quite the stone’s throw from “superstar” VFL player.

I doubt there would be a stampede of suitors for Fin. He’s very much in the same mould as the Brown brothers and Bianco. Hard working but very vanilla. With no real weapons or X-factor, I reckon most teams would prefer to take a punt on an 18 year old with greater upside potential.

I think Fin will play out his contract with us and unless he suddenly makes a big leap forward, will be delisted at the end of 2025. It’s a tough and unforgiving caper as a professional footballer.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Your egregious compulsion to continually ignore and acknowledge Finn’s abilities does not make him a lost cause.
It just makes you look biased and irrational.

The two I had high hopes for, AJ and Finn, written them off for now, it’s up to them, write yourselves back in.
Aj has had ample chances and delivered donuts. Fin has had few chances and has delivered a few glimpses including a 3-goal game. Without knowing what actual parameters for success the club has imposed on him, it's hard to see why he isn't getting more game time while we are depleted.

Aj has had ample chances and delivered donuts. Fin has had few chances and has delivered a few glimpses including a 3-goal game. Without knowing what actual parameters for success the club has imposed on him, it's hard to see why he isn't getting more game time while we are depleted.
I think you answered your own question

I've been a supporter of Finn, however, I will be surprised if is he wearing the black and white next season.

I've been a supporter of Finn, however, I will be surprised if is he wearing the black and white next season.
I'm betting he's at Collingwood. He's contracted and I doubt there will be a queue lining up for his signature. The reality is we'd all be really non-plussed if we recruited him from another club.

Could it be that we see him as valuable depth?. He's contracted for next year and there isn't a spot for him this week. Someone might be interested in him, which is a good reason to have him on the books. If no one else wants him, then we'll just keep him. Maybe they see a role for him next year. I have no idea if he'll make it. Just not sure we should be jumping to conclusions just yet

Remove this Banner Ad

Back