Fire Storm's cooking tips

Remove this Banner Ad

Fire Storm

Premiership Player
May 11, 2003
currently unknown
AFL Club
Carlton
Seeing a few posts on weightlifting etc, thought I'd add this topic for cooking eggs. You know, the protein thing.

Start off with the basic fried eggs. Many guys I know have a lot of trouble with something that should be easy. Even when they use the egg rings. They drop the egg in, it splashes and goes everywhere but in the ring. Simpliest way is to crack the egg and pour it in the ring SLOWLY. With the pan being warm, it'll stay where it should. Just turn it before it burns on the bottom.

Another mistake I see is regarding hard boiled eggs. They boil the water, drop the egg, and boom, splat it goes. Put enough water to cover the eggs. Cold water. Add to heat. Wait for it to boil then turn heat down enough to JUST keep on the boil. And leave for 5 mins. Then heat off and leave eggs to slowly cool down.
To check if boiled correctly, use spoon and lift eggs out of water. Put on bench then give it a twist. If it spins quickly, it's ready. Personally, I do this the day before because I then put into fridge. I peel it the next day because it's easier.

The trick to a good peel is this. Crush both ends of the egg shell. Then roll the egg around GENTLY crushing the rest of it. Start to peel and most of it will come off with ridicules ease!

Here's my fav. Want bacon and eggs for breaky? Want LOT'S of B + E's for breaky?

Per-heat oven to 200+ degrees. Get muffin tray. Be sure to wipe each hole with oil!! Grab eggs. Break and add one egg per muffin hole. Put tray in oven. Cook bacon. Check after around 10mins or so. Eggs should be looking relatively firm. But not too much!! Don't want to burn. At your judgement, remove tray and use knife to remove eggs. If oiled, eggs will slide straight off and you'll have perfectly round motel likes eggs!!!

Hehehe. How embarrasing. Things ya do eh!

Don't under-estimate the fried eggs. You guys are missing out. Nothing like dipping your bacon/bread into that nice yellow wholesome yoke before eating it.

Either way, those are the only cooking tips I have!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back