"FirstDogOnTheMoon is your friend"

Remove this Banner Ad

And I got a new digital drawing tablet.

No - If i had spare money I would spend it on sponsoring Ryan. I got these because of this situation with this....anyway I got them.

I love technology. My wife hates buying me presents because I only want things that cost more than $200.

It is the bluetooth mighty mouse from apple and it is simply the best mouse I have ever used thanks for asking.

As for the drawing tablet - it is much better than the one I had four years ago that my nephew ruined and then my brother stormed out of the house because....well anyway its much better.

I went to harvey norman to get a new colour telly because the old one belonged to my mum and she had it for years and she died ten years ago.

I had to explain when I came home that I didnt get a telly I got a drawing tablet (which works beautifully by the way - if you want to see some dog cartoons just pm me) so it was kind of a jack and the beanstalk moment.

I suspect it will all work out.

Isnt it great being a bulldogs supporter.

Lets have a thread about useful and interesting technology people have - we dont get computery enough on this board. What is everyone else using?

I have a 2 gig Imac g5 (17") with 1.5 gig of memory and 150 gig hd.

It is actually slowing down now, it is almost 18 moths old. I am just waiting till apple bed down the new intel macs and I have a spare zillion dollars before i upgrade.

(I just read this post back before I posted it and for those who are wondering no I am not on drugs.)

Re: I got a new mouse.

I got a new computer a few months ago and finally upgraded from Windows 98 to XP. :eek: And now, along comes Vista...

The biggest improvement I've made is to finally hook up to cable broadband.

What is so good about your mouse, fdotm? And ditto last poster, what is a drawing tablet?

I got a new computer a few months ago and finally upgraded from Windows 98 to XP. :eek: And now, along comes Vista...

The biggest improvement I've made is to finally hook up to cable broadband.

What is so good about your mouse, fdotm? And ditto last poster, what is a drawing tablet?

my mouse has no buttons - however it knows if you push the left side or the right side - it has a tiny four way scrolly ball which takes a bit of getting used to but then it is miraculous

it has an extra clever hidden side button as well

it is of course beautifully designed and goes with the all my other mac gear like it was always meant to be here

mac people are certainly posers but we have a lot of material to work with

dogcatah7.jpg

i have to say that I am dissapointed at the lack of enthusiasm for my beautifully drawn and hysterically funny cartoon - it took almost 5 minutes to draw and i was dressed only in my underwear

perhaps you didnt get it - see its a dog, and it is asking a cat which team it supports and it incorrectly assumes it is geelong because that is the "cats" and it is a cat

but the cat supports port adelaide

i mean what isnt funny?

a dog wearing a scarf is funny

a cat who supports port adelaide is funny

even just the idea of port adelaide is funny

this is comedy gold you people

ffs

I have a drawing tablet as well after getting sucked in at a wide format/ digital print exhibition. I was going to use it as an aid to conquering the world with my photoshop wizardry, but I haven't taken a photo since I bought it and for the past 6 months I've only used my PC to check junk mail and read bigfooty. Wise purchase. Also I think I've lost it. It could be under that massive pile of bills on my desk...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a drawing tablet as well after getting sucked in at a wide format/ digital print exhibition. I was going to use it as an aid to conquering the world with my photoshop wizardry, but I haven't taken a photo since I bought it and for the past 6 months I've only used my PC to check junk mail and read bigfooty. Wise purchase. Also I think I've lost it. It could be under that massive pile of bills on my desk...
Should have bought a TV too. :D

I've only just discovered this thread and I think the cartoon is GREAT, FDOTM. :D
I wish I had one of those tablets, too. It sounds like fun.

i have to say that I am dissapointed at the lack of enthusiasm for my beautifully drawn and hysterically funny cartoon - it took almost 5 minutes to draw and i was dressed only in my underwear
Good cartoon FDOTM - would have been funnier if you were wearing a towel.

I found the cartoon bigoted. As if EVERY cat would support Geelong! Jordan, my cat, is a Western Bulldogs member. I wish people wouldn't just lump animals together. Animals are people too. :p

I found the cartoon bigoted. As if EVERY cat would support Geelong! Jordan, my cat, is a Western Bulldogs member. I wish people wouldn't just lump animals together. Animals are people too. :p

No, no, no. The bigotry IS the joke, the dog is bigoted in its assumption that the cat is a geelong supporter (e.g. geelong is "the cats" therefore all cats are geelong supporters) and therein lies the humour. We all assume the cat is a geelong supporter too and are therefore surprised to learn the cat supports port adelaide and thus the normal order of things is undermined. The dissonance between the expected and unexpected leads to a humorous outcome. The joke works on a couple of levels, the anthropomorphisation of the creatures with their artificial allegiances as well as the narrowed focus of the dog and its (our) assumption that the cat supports geelong. We are the dog, however the joke enables us to laugh at ourselves (the bigot) without having to take responsibility for our categorisation of the cat (the other) as a geelong supporter.

Also the picture of the dog in the scarf is funny.

Ok - I shall assume the total lack of response to my brilliant cartoon about Nathan Eagleton and his girlfriend the giraffe means everyone hates me and my genius is is completely misunderstood.

You will all be sorry when I have either a) died or b) taken over the universe.

Accordingly, while the rest of you are wallowing in your sad little nostalgia trips and poems about each other I shall drop another slice of comedic brilliance into the bottomless pit that is the big footy bulldogs forum and wait to see if I can hear it hit the bottom.

inrodneysofficemz5.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back