Toast Fitness Boss Jarrod Wade

Remove this Banner Ad

To be blunt this is a blow. White’s done some fantastic work the past few years and we were a horrible injury run from finishing last this year. Look at this weeks lineup the only guy’s unavailable are Pendles and Moore who both suffered impact injuries. Most clubs would kill for that in the lead up to September!

He has done a great job. Considering players like Elliott, couldn't get on the park, but he now seems to be able to play consistent footy, even through the midfield. Also Moore, who seems to be over his soft tissue concerns, and is only missing now due to an impact injury.
The list is quite healthy now, shame we're not in finals!!!

Last edited:

These fitness guys seem to move around every 3 to 5 years it seems. I'm sure the club will get a suitable replacement, hopefully someone at the top of their game. Maybe someone like Darren Burgess, who has worked in other parts of the world in different sports.

These fitness guys seem to move around every 3 to 5 years it seems. I'm sure the club will get a suitable replacement, hopefully someone at the top of their game. Maybe someone like Darren Burgess, who has worked in other parts of the world in different sports.

Isn't he on the move to Adelaide?

I get the feeling the club told White, look we can't guarantee your position into next year until we sort out the coach, knowing full well they already have their replacement (I think Russell).

This prompted White to rightfully look after himself and explore what was out there and North had an opening.

I get the feeling the club told White, look we can't guarantee your position into next year until we sort out the coach, knowing full well they already have their replacement (I think Russell).

This prompted White to rightfully look after himself and explore what was out there and North had an opening.

With Wright as footy manager and McRae coming with a bullet for the head coaching gig that would seem to be the likely outcome. I think the advantage of having an untried coach is that you can load up on the people around him so as long as it’s not stupid money to bring him across I think we could do worse.

What do you mean you think Russell?
Have you seen his performance?
The man built a reputation on one player in Shaun Burgoyne....that’s it.

He is on more money than the senior coach...that’s alarm bells

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know much about him, where is he at now?

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Was at Port 2004 (Premiers).
Clarkson recruited him 2005 (until 2018) 4 Premierships.
Crossed to Carlton 2019-2021.
Has been in charge of fitness at successful clubs.
Not sure how he’s viewed at Carlton.
Maybe on the way out…

Yes, we must find this mystical being that can make unskilled players skilled.
What are the odds that all of our recruits are spuds? Unless Hine deliberately recruited the worst players possible. The draft is basically a lottery. You don't really know who are going to become champions and who are going to disappear into obscurity. It's the system. Collingwood has become a SPUD Academy, turning young hopefuls into demoralized spuds.

Tell me the last Collingwood player that went to another team and went on to become a good player. Look at GWS and GC Suns. How is it that whenever other teams poach GWS or Suns players they generally go on to become great players for their respective teams. Do they just have better recruiters or do they just have a superior system in nurturing talent?

Look at GWS and GC Suns. How is it that whenever other teams poach GWS or Suns players they generally go on to become great players for their respective teams. Do they just have better recruiters or do they just have a superior system in nurturing talent?
A glut of high picks and poor systems to develop them. GC in particular spent all their picks on young talent but forgot to get any mature guys around them, aside from Campbell Brown, Harbrow and Jared Brennan to absorb the hits and make them borderline competitive week in, week out.