Foo Fighters New Album November 23rd?

Remove this Banner Ad

That riff is super catchy...

I also am hoping that Dave makes an album like the first three and returns to the alternative/beatlesque vocal style and just better songs is what we want.

Theyve peddled a pretty boring formula for over a decade now...

As much as I admire the foos..

I think it would have been perfect if queens of the Stone Age could have kept that songs for the deaf lineup together...

Maybe with Dave on lead vocals for a few tracks..

I mean, Dave, Josh, Nick, Mark and Troy.....just amazing lineup.

Still it's pretty exciting that a new foos record could actually be really good!!!

Used to be a huge fan of foo fighters. But since One By One they have been shithouse with the exception of perhaps In Your Honor (i don't mind that as a double album).

I really soured on them after listening to Echo Silence Patience Grace. That was pure trash.

Used to be a huge fan of foo fighters. But since One By One they have been shithouse with the exception of perhaps In Your Honor (i don't mind that as a double album).

I really soured on them after listening to Echo Silence Patience Grace. That was pure trash.
Wasting Light was alright. You're right about Echoes though, that is tripe

Ok, so, it's a 5 track EP ...and it's free...

It's actually really good. Except for Iron Rooster, vocals are great but the lyrics?? And the chorus is really dull. Definitely has colour and the shape vocals though...need to give it more time. The second half sounds like walking after you, which I really like!!!

I think it sounds like what the Foo Fighters might have sounded like in 1996, between the debut and colour and the shape..(nice harmonies and vocal melodies, great depth of guitar rhythms)

Dave returns to his more fluid vocal style, relaxed, kinda apathetic, cool, 90s, gnarly side...one track sounds like Motörhead, which is cool.

There is nothing as good as Everlong or an instant classic, but this is really nice if you like Colour and the Shape era Foos like myself..the songs have a bit of life and space to breathe.

This could be a nice transition into the next full length release, but if not, this is a nice return to form from the band, it's very breezy, summery, 1997 era foos and a lot less straight forward aka Tom petty inspired like the more recent stuff.

Thumbs up!! Nice job!! Glad to have some of 90s Dave back...*a sigh of relief required*

He just needs to write better songs, but he's getting back to some kind of form, but not completely..

Nice that it feels like 1997 when I listen to it, that's a positive.

Conclusion: welcome back to my headphones, foo fighters!!

Favourite song: Sean !

6/10

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back