Footballer plunges to his death on Gold Coast footy trip!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

R.I.P Jack Dyer

Team Captain
Oct 2, 2003
Cotchin Court
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Bulleen-Temp, MUFC, MVFC
not sure as to who the player is...but i just heard it on seven news...its set to be announced at 6pm on channel 7...if anyone has any insight as to who it might be or which clubs are on the gold coast at this present time it would be much appreciated...

Is this for real?

A current footballer?

yes it is for real...i couldnt believe it when i heard it...it was on one of those channel 7 news preview commercials

and it didnt specifically say either current or past footballer...all it said was "a footballer has plunged to his death on the gold coast" or something along those lines

Its a local footy team... enough cash in clubs coffers to afford more than a trip to the Gold Coast.

Heres the article
THE death of man who fell 27 storeys from a Gold Coast resort was a "tragic accident", police said today.

Jack Walker, 19, from Coburg in Melbourne's north, was staying on the 27th floor of the Beachcomber Resort at Surfers Paradise when he fell from the balcony.
His body was found by security on the ground about 3am (AEST) today.
Police are investigating the incident but the death is not believed to be suspicious.
Queensland Police South East Regional duty officer Inspector Dave Eugarde said Mr Walker was on an end of year AFL trip with teammates from the Therry Penola club.
“This is a tragic incident for his mates, and obviously his parents and friends and family in Victoria,” Insp Eugarde said.
Police believe Mr Walker was alone at the time of the fall, and say the balcony was structurally sound.
An autopsy this week will determine whether alcohol was a factor, but police say Mr Walker had been celebrating in Surfers Paradise earlier in the night.
Insp Eugarde said he hoped other young people would take notice of the tragedy.
He said Gold Coast apartments would soon be flooded with young people celebrating the Indy motorsport festival, and Schoolies Week, or end of Year 12 celebrations.
“The Gold Coast is a major tourist destination and we would encourage people to come here to have a good time, but please go home safely,” he said.

i think his name was Jack Walker, from coburg or north coburg (if there is one, im not from melbourne). 17 year old, fell from 27 storey building, not cool

not sure as to who the player is...but i just heard it on seven news...its set to be announced at 6pm on channel 7...if anyone has any insight as to who it might be or which clubs are on the gold coast at this present time it would be much appreciated...

7 DIDN'T say it was an AFL player now, did they?

doesnt matter AFL or not...still a shame to see someone die in this way..sincere condolonces to the friend and families involved

(Log in to remove this ad.)

best mate & a few other mates play there, can't get a hold of any of them (none went on the trip).
My mate said that he was a gun footballer and all at the club are shocked (which is understandable).

Play of the half forward flank and did some freakish things this year. Said he was a top bloke too.

Sad day for all local footballers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back