Footy star

Remove this Banner Ad

Leafie said:
im getting the same error, why is it happening?
I had the same problem too but i figured out why it was happening. You have to also fill out the Career name under file options.

For some reason I keep getting this error everytime I try to start a game.

Run-time Error '76'

Path not found

I installed the game in C:\Games and then again in C:\Program Files and still got the same error. Anyone else had this?

*edit*

Ok, it's now working. Don't know how I got it to work but hey... :)

Haha, well that didn't take too long at all. I should mention that this version is very new and hasn't been tested (Is in the process of being tested in fact) so there are going to be a lot of problems.

I've changed the setup screen so that the Career name box is at the top of the screen, and if you dont fill it in it tells you specifically to give the career a name. I've also added a bit more instruction for it (Just type in any name, like career1 or something similar).
Leafie, that problem was found earlier and I managed to fix it. Once I put up a more recent version it'll be resolved, but for now you'll have to try and ignore it ;)
Stevolution, I'm looking into your problem now. What name did you give your career?
The automatic saving feature has brought with it a few new challenges, so I'm seeing if I can work around them now. (Edit: Problem solved? Ok, well that's good, still I'd like to find out what went wrong, heh)

Yeah, me too. I started a new game to make sure I got the error number right and it worked! As soon as I finish my first season (very cool by the way) I'll try and recreate the error.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the player setup screen, down the bottom under the words 'FILE OPTIONS', there should be something that says 'Career Name:'. To the right of that, just click and type in any name, like career1 or rota69 or something. This is the name of the file that your game will be saved to, so when you want to load your game, you just need to look for the career name that you entered and load it.

Let me know if that helps you.

I had this bug, where there were 2 Kangaroo Flat teams. Every week, they'd play 2 different teams, but the result of the first match would be the same as the second match, so if kangaroo flat won against team A 97-90, at the start of the round, and then they had another match at the end of the round, against team B, when I click "Start games", it gives the final score and stats of the previous match. Kangaroo Flat ended up winning against Kangaroo Flat in the Grand Final.

Yeah Roo Fan, thats the same bug as the one mentioned by Leafie earlier. I've fixed it now and it will be working fine when I put up a newer download (Which will happen once I've been given any more reports of new bugs and I fix them).
For now unfortunately you'll have to play with it, but it should only be about a 50% chance of happening each season.

Ok, so I couldn't recreate the error I mentioned earlier which would suggest it was something on my end. Damn computer. I've played three seasons now and I've made a few notes of things I noticed.

1. Sometimes comments don't reflect your stats. You'll play a good QTR stat wise but the review will be less than positive. It seems to even out in the end so maybe it's supposed to be that way.

2. Sometimes your goals and behinds tally don't match your team's goals and behinds tally for that QTR or sometimes the entire game. There was one game where I kicked 4 goals 8 behinds (or something like that) but my team only scored 4 behinds for the game.

3. I was fined for bad behaviour towards the crowd during a game I wasn't playing. Unless it means that I was causing trouble in the stands which I'm sure I'd never do... :D

Apart from that it's going good. I've just finished playing my third season and have moved up to local firsts. The new additions have made this game. By the way what's up with the team info section. I noticed some of the stats say hidden... Is it something to do with the secret feature you've been hinting at?

1. I'll take a look at the code and see if anything could to with some changing. It could just be that your expectations are lower than mine, so a good game to you may seem average to me?

2. Yeah I made sure that you couldnt have more goals than your team but forgot about behinds. Someone else mentioned it to me and I've made the change.

3. Someone also mentioned this one to me, and I think it happened to me before and I just decided I had been causing trouble in the stands. I've changed it now so that it only happens in matches, but it has given me some ideas for events that happen when you're suspended or injuried :)

And finally on the hidden stats, that is indeed linked to the 'secret' feature. In future I'm planning on offering an option of taking up coaching once you retire as a player. Those hidden stats and disabled buttons are the first steps. It won't be anything like Footy Fanatic or Coach's Box, but it'll add another dimension anyway ;)

Leafie: Exactly what happens? Does it just stay on the start-up screen without doing anything when you attempt to load the game? I know there seems to be a problem when you try to load a game that's between seasons, and that's been fixed today, so that could be the problem. Let me know.

Ben: Yeah, totally different. Footy Star is all about your career as a footballer trying to get into the AFL, nothing about coaching (At the moment)

Ok, that was happening to me when I quite after the Grand Final before playing a game of the new season. For now I've changed it so that it doesnt save at that point, but ill take a look at why loading between seasons doesnt seem to work.

Of course this is all assuming that you are trying to load a game that was quit between seasons... If thats not the case let me know, because that would certainly make it more serious.

Mahama said:
1. I'll take a look at the code and see if anything could to with some changing. It could just be that your expectations are lower than mine, so a good game to you may seem average to me?

2. Yeah I made sure that you couldnt have more goals than your team but forgot about behinds. Someone else mentioned it to me and I've made the change.

3. Someone also mentioned this one to me, and I think it happened to me before and I just decided I had been causing trouble in the stands. I've changed it now so that it only happens in matches, but it has given me some ideas for events that happen when you're suspended or injuried :)

And finally on the hidden stats, that is indeed linked to the 'secret' feature. In future I'm planning on offering an option of taking up coaching once you retire as a player. Those hidden stats and disabled buttons are the first steps. It won't be anything like Footy Fanatic or Coach's Box, but it'll add another dimension anyway ;)

The coaching option sounds awesome. Have you thought of maybe extending that out to a captian/coach type of thing? Found a few more things. Hope I'm not being too picky. I can see you worked hard on making this game.

1. When I was suspended I got matches of my sentance for matches my team wasn't involved in (finals)

2. When you work your way up to getting McDonalds as a sposor it often comes up saying sportswear by default instead. Nothing major. Just something I noticed.

3. Won B&F for team when I got suspended. I figured seeing how suspensions are random I might be supposed to be this way but thought I should mention it.

4. Gained an injury in a match me or my team weren't involved in (grand final)

5. Jumper quality increased to 101 at one stage after event.

Just finshed my 9th season and got drafted to Richmond (YES!) in the 3rd round of the draft. I was pretty average at the draft camp which I thought was pretty cool. I'm guesing it works as an audit of the skills you've picked up while playing in the state league. I reckon I should have spent some money on training. Hehehe.

I'm off to play. Thanks again for making such an awesome game. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back