Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
Hello learned BF travellers

Anyone been to either or both of these spots in NZ?
Recommend one or both ?
Looking to do a glacier walk or climb.
Am tending towards Franz Josef from what I have read online but am open

I can probably do both on my trip, I do have time to spend 2 nights in that area. They are close to eachother so I may stay in a hotel/motel for two nights (not sure which town has better dining options?) and do one on one day and then the other the next day.

Hi, I did the fox glacier walk all the way up to the glacier face ages ago... Easy walk, beautiful scenery, incredibly intelligent Kea parrots quite common out there, lucky enough to witness a rock avalanche. Stayed in Wanaka, drove up there. Run out time to visit Franz Josef, would love to go back and tick that one. If you can do both. Consider a Heli ride as it is awesome.
Good luck and have fun in NZ and tell us about your adventures when you get back

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not much to do in Fox
We actually drove the 25-30 minutes (very fun if you like driving on winding roads) to Franz Josef where they have half a dozen good places to eat.
Theres also a hot springs joint that was nice and relaxing once the group of loud obnoxious Yank frat boys pissed off

Thanks

I think i will drive from queenstown to franz on one day (no rush, lots of stops for walks and photos including a stop at fox) and get there in evening and check into a place. And next day do a franz heli ride and ice climb and hot pools and back to my place. And then im off to greymouth next day to catch tranzalpine train to christchurch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back