Fox sports world(usa) drops aussie rules....hehehehehe

Remove this Banner Ad

fabulousphil said:
Sad pathetic life maybe..............maybe kebab boy needs to get a life, or HAGLHLAY in the mirror.

Seriously though most people on this site are keen for one of our national treasures, our indigenous game to be exposed, played, accepted overseas, just as i reckon it would be good for RL to grow O/S.

The people that frequent this site with their negative comments or anti AR comments are IMO un Australian........ that definitely includes leb forces and world football.

Yeah that's right if you don't love AFL you are not Australian :rolleyes: ... Snap out of it! I'm not as anti-AFL as i use too be and i do watch a bit of it on tv and i'm planning on going to a game with a few people from work ( I'm even going to a super 12's game and i'm as anti-union as they come!!!), being on this board has changed my anti-AFL ways to an extent and i don't mind it as much! But i don't support any team and will never have a huge interest in it. I usually hang around the Rugby League board and defend RL when their are ANTI-RL Threads...

LebaneseForces said:
Yeah that's right if you don't love AFL you are not Australian :rolleyes: ... QUOTE]

Read the post i said that if you have negative or anti AR posts.... which IMO are non australian traits............not un australian just because you dont like footy, lots of great australians dont like footy but they dont put it or people down because they want it to grow.

LebaneseForces said:
Yeah that's right if you don't love AFL you are not Australian :rolleyes: ... Snap out of it! I'm not as anti-AFL as i use too be and i do watch a bit of it on tv and i'm planning on going to a game with a few people from work ( I'm even going to a super 12's game and i'm as anti-union as they come!!!), being on this board has changed my anti-AFL ways to an extent and i don't mind it as much! But i don't support any team and will never have a huge interest in it. I usually hang around the Rugby League board and defend RL when their are ANTI-RL Threads...
None of which explains why you keep coming onto the international AR board.

Bellicose said:

Australia is A free Country... I can do as i like without explaining it too you or anyone else...

Long Live Rugby League... ;)

Bellicose said:

It looks like he's afraid of the international growth of Aussie Rules, while his own game is going backwards in Australia.

Bellicose said:
If trying to wreck threads about a topic you have no interest in is your view of freedom...

Which thread did i wreck??? I laughed at the guy who started this thread suggestion that AFL is a world sport...

Grunty said:
It looks like he's afraid of the international growth of Aussie Rules, while his own game is going backwards in Australia.

HAHAHA Believe me that is the LAST thing i'm afraid of...

Blues_Man said:
you spend your time defending the Rugby boards ?? wow how do you get any time to check out other boards ...you must be as busy as oppawate in a scrum

I don't defend the Rugby boards (Rugby League N Rugby Union are diffferent games by the way and i don't care for Rugby Union, so Rugby League not Rugby), i defend Rugby League... Don't worry about how busy i am ;)

LebaneseForces said:
I don't defend the Rugby boards (Rugby League N Rugby Union are diffferent games by the way and i don't care for Rugby Union, so Rugby League not Rugby), i defend Rugby League... Don't worry about how busy i am ;)

I can see where you're coming from, Lebforces. I don't think you've said anything unreasonable, just noted that a few comments were drawing a very long bow.

Footy forums see a lot of people get fired up over not much.

Remember the days of stirring up Ms Storm over at the league forum? Geez, that was an easy target if you were feeling mailicious.

Richoagain said:
I can see where you're coming from, Lebforces. I don't think you've said anything unreasonable, just noted that a few comments were drawing a very long bow.

Footy forums see a lot of people get fired up over not much.

Remember the days of stirring up Ms Storm over at the league forum? Geez, that was an easy target if you were feeling mailicious.
It's amazing how a few trolls can come along, and everything goes to hell. I spent a lot of time on the "Soccer is Football" thread on the main AFL board trying to reason with both sides of the argument. The trolls were looking for an agitated response and got it.

I mean, what's the point of all this bickering anyway? It's only sport, no matter how much we love sport. All sides of the argument need to realise that there are far more important things than arguing over which sport is better, tougher, or whatever- and that includes ways to make your own game of choice better. Which, alas, is the point of this particular forum (when it comes to spreading AR footy overseas) ;)

Then again, if Aussie Rules telecasts in the US want to move over to say... Comcast Sports Net, I'll be receptive to that. I'll get to watch it then. And, it will be aired in the afternoon here in the U.S.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LebaneseForces said:
love it LebForces,always get a larf out of your witty posts..good to see you are watching a bit of the true national game.theres only so much one can take of the fabulous East Coast RL in all its australia wide glory!!for gods sake,WAFL and SANFL games get bigger crowds than the "National"? Rugby League.

LebaneseForces said:
Then you are an idiot. Nobody was attacking RL until YOU showed up.

Bellicose said:
Then you are an idiot. Nobody was attacking RL until YOU showed up.

Hey i wasn't the one attacking AFL... I didn't attack it! All you insecure people started attacking RL and myself... I actually even said i'm more open too AFL since joining Bigfooty! Richoagain is the only one who could see that i wasn't attacking AFL and hven't in a long time because i got respect for the game... It's as much for Australians as RL is...
It's all good though attack rugby league and myself you have ever right too and i have every right too defend it :)

pekay-norwest said:
love it LebForces,always get a larf out of your witty posts..good to see you are watching a bit of the true national game.theres only so much one can take of the fabulous East Coast RL in all its australia wide glory!!for gods sake,WAFL and SANFL games get bigger crowds than the "National"? Rugby League.

Well i'm glad i make you laugh :p
NRL averages over 15,000 If the SANFL n WAFL averages more then that well then they are doing bloody great :) ...
First round this year... A sellout of 52,000 at Brisbane and over 40,000 for the Dogs n Dragons game should be great!!!!!

LebaneseForces said:
It's all good though attack rugby league and myself you have ever right too and i have every right too defend it :)
I'll do nothing of the sort. I'm merely pointing out how silly your claim to be 'defending' RL is, when it wouldn't be getting criticised if you weren't here.

LebaneseForces said:
Well i'm glad i make you laugh :p
NRL averages over 15,000 If the SANFL n WAFL averages more then that well then they are doing bloody great :) ...
First round this year... A sellout of 52,000 at Brisbane and over 40,000 for the Dogs n Dragons game should be great!!!!!
1.sorry champ i meant WAFL/SANFL grand finals are attended by more than a normal round of NRL,so foot-in-mouth.2.double-header matches dont count,like last yr and the yr before so thats out.can you imagine Essendon/Collingwood and St Kilda/Geelong at the MCG round 1?i reckon that would cover NRLs crowd figures for at least six months.once your game can get firstly a game and then a crowd to a game in Darwin,Hobart,Perth or Adelaide then you can pump up "N"RL attendance.once again,a game played on the eastern Seaboard.and i played state RL while playing school and weekend footy,so can comment.

pekay-norwest said:
1.sorry champ i meant WAFL/SANFL grand finals are attended by more than a normal round of NRL,so foot-in-mouth.2.double-header matches dont count,like last yr and the yr before so thats out.can you imagine Essendon/Collingwood and St Kilda/Geelong at the MCG round 1?i reckon that would cover NRLs crowd figures for at least six months.once your game can get firstly a game and then a crowd to a game in Darwin,Hobart,Perth or Adelaide then you can pump up "N"RL attendance.once again,a game played on the eastern Seaboard.and i played state RL while playing school and weekend footy,so can comment.

The NRL Grand Final gets 80,000, SOO gets 80,000 and 52,000 (Depending where it's played), The Doggies are playing the rabbitohs at Perth in a trial... I don't claim RL to be Australia wide... NSW, QLD, NZ and a presence in MEL is good enough for now... ADelaide n Perth later on in the track would be great... Even a PNG team would be great for 15 or so years!
It's all good... Everyone can claim RL is a dying sport and no one cares for it etc... Fact is we have had a record season with crowds, ratings and merchandising (30% of all NRL Merchandise sold are BULLDOGS gear... I'm prepared too say it's the best out of any Club in any code in Australia :D ) and season tickets for this year i hear are selling quick!!! I never claim it too get AFL crowds, AFL crowds are great!!! There is a place for RL n AFL in Australia... Always has been, always will be! Rugby Union though can die a slow painful death!!!!!! :D

Just thought I would have my say and hopefully everyone will stop bagging each other because it is just a joke.

First of all the AFL averages the 4th biggest crowds in the world behing the NFL, English Premier League and the Spainish league.

I also think that soccer is a great game and would love Australia to qualify for the World Cup.
Someone said the soccer is not a world game becaue no one from Oceania is in the World Cup, the fact is that both Australia and New Zealand have played in past World Cup's and the Island nations are getting a lot stronger with both the Soloman Island's and Fiji beating New Zealand in the U20 qualifers last week.
And although Aussie Rules is growing strongly in Argentina no nation from South America has played in the International Cup so therefore not all continents have been represented.

As for the bloke bagging the AFL for not being on American TV, when was the last time you saw a game of soccer on Australian free to Air TV, SBS shows replays on a Sunday but who wants watch replays of games that where played 10 years ago. Lets no forget the fact that a professional game of soccer has not been seen in Australia for over 12 months.
I love soccer to but don't poke fun at the AFL when your sport is in such bad shape.

pekay-norwest said:
honestly mate,your ignorance was showing thru my modem, down the cable and back under whatever rock it is your'e under.just remember that soccer(kick n giggle) may be the "world game" but it started the same as aussie rules did-very small,and probably in the one country for awhile before it took off.all that time ago people were easily amused,happy to watch a game with no score and more theatrics than a Broadway show. now they are getting restless,riotting when no scores happen,throwing coins at players.give it time and the people of the world will see that our great game is in fact quite similar-running lines,support play,kicking to space,but one shing difference-CONTACT.fans like to see a big hit,not a tap on the shoulder,a trip,a fall,some magic water and a hairband for your troubles.it may not happen in mty time,but rest assured,people will see it for what it is- a full-on game combining great skill,heavy hits,its fast and the scoreboard ticks over non-stop,preventing riots and flares and the like.i suggest you pull your head in and play our great game,see what its like,then comment. then post a reply with a grade 2 concussion,something you'll never wear on a soccer pitch.(unless your team choreographer sees fit)

:D :D ......................exactly.

LebaneseForces said:
ADelaide n Perth later on in the track would be great...

You tried that about a decade ago (Rams and Reds respectively). Sorry mate :p

As for you, World Football: I like the way you avoid the fact ASTN have signed to telecast USAFL matches. Selectivity: trolls don't leave home without it.

LebaneseForces said:
I don't claim RL to be Australia wide... NSW, QLD, NZ and a presence in MEL is good enough for now.
NZ is not part of Australia, and has nothing to do with it. The 'N' in NRL is a lie. It is not national in Australia, and has an overseas team. Maybe Tasman RL would be a better name.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back