Foxtel

Remove this Banner Ad

Hooley McBoob

Cancelled
Apr 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
I'm thinking of getting Foxtel, because I can't bear the thought of not watching the Swans live :( They're hardly ever live here in Melbourne :( :thumbsdown: :mad:

Does anybody have the basic + sport package? How much is it? The website is surprisingly useless. Are the basic channels decent? I know heaps of the good stuff won't be on there, but there'll be plenty to keep me entertained I'm sure, considering I haven't watched TV in several months :eek:

Seriously good Ash, I couldn't live without it now. We've got IQHD, and Basic + Sports on that is about $90 a month, whereas Platinum is about $120. Not sure what it is without IQ.

Shitty pricing but if you want live sport you've gotta get it. There's no way I could handle going back to Channel Seven.

Internet streaming is also good :D

If you dont get HD or the IQ and just get basic and sports its about 60 bucks, thats only 15 per week cheaper than actually going to the footy and you can watch every game, most live, all teams. The HD doesnt show HD on all channels anyway and standard is still very good if you have an alright tv, and you can still watch normal channels in HD if you already have a HDTV or box. You can still get movies for 5 bucks if you want as cheap as going to dvd shop.

I spoke to my friend today, he has the basics and the sport, and he said it was about 60 bucks, so that sounds pretty sweet :thumbsu: My new flatmate is Canadian and reckons there'll be ice hockey on Foxtel, so she might be up for it, haha. Tom (other flatmate) isn't home much and when he is he's in his room, but he might be okay with chipping in 10 bucks or so a month and Suz and I can pay $25 each. Or something.

I'm totally not fussed about HD or IQ or any of that s**t. I mean my current TV is a piece of crap, so this new TV (my friend's old one, 30" flatscreen, yay!) plus Foxtel is pretty ****ing luxurious!!! :D :thumbsu:

Thanks for your help y'all! :D

I was going to mention that i thought there was a basics package that was $35 or so, then every other package was about $15-20. ie sport, movies etc.. would be ace if you could do without the basics and just go for sport. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back