Free Lebanon...

Remove this Banner Ad

Bombers 2003 said:
1-They tried to remove the Muslims though,didnt they?Sought help from their french friends and made no difference in the ethnic makeup of the country.Started a civil war in the 1970s and lost,true they almost destroyed 了把呢俄佛,不 。

It was the PLO under Herr Arafat who provoked that civil war and almost destroyed the fabric of Lebanon as they destroyed the fabric of Palestine over the last four years.

Herr Arafat and the PLO tried the same in Jordan.

And you blame the Maronites? Shame.

GuruJane said:
It was the PLO under Herr Arafat who provoked that civil war and almost destroyed the fabric of Lebanon as they destroyed the fabric of Palestine over the last four years.

If only the Palestinians had stayed on their land and not gone .. oh I remember now, they were dispossessed. You've hit the proverbial nail - well spotted.

OldLion said:
If only the Palestinians had stayed on their land and not gone .. oh I remember now, they were dispossessed. You've hit the proverbial nail - well spotted.

Oh so that gives them a right too start wars on other people land? The people who gave them shelter??? (Jordan n Lebanon)...

LebaneseForces said:
Oh so that gives them a right too start wars on other people land? The people who gave them shelter??? (Jordan n Lebanon)...

No, OldLion wants to excise from history the "3 No's of Khartoum". He wants to blame Palestinian disposession solely on Israel's existence. He wants to delete Israel's offer of land for peace after the 6 day war. He wants to forget that there WAS not Likud, there WAS no SETTLEMENTS until AFTER the 1973 Yom Kippur war when Israel was almost wiped from the map.

Nope, the problem always was, and always will be, Israel's existence - but something tells me OldLion won't have the guts to come right out and say it. Dunno why - it's de rigeur to invalidate Israel's existence!

Fact is, OldLion needs the "Palestinians" as a victim group - a universal tag. Thus he'll ignore Lebanon's history before the PLO started the civil war; he'll ignore the Jordanian massacre of Palestinian refugees; he'll ignore Lebanon's calls for Syrian withdrawal...

As long as he can blame Israel...

Poor Oldlion doesn't realise that even the Palestinians are getting tired of blaming Israel for everything.

But the likes of Oldlion couldn't really give a ******** about ACTUAL political change in the region. He only cares about "stability". Arab despots in thrall to Western companies.

OldLion's day has PASSED.

GuruJane said:

The Maronites are the most fascist ethnic group in the ME,remember herr Pierre Gemayl and his hero worship of Hitler?Or herr Bashir G and his attempted overthrow of a legitimate lebanese government because Walid Jumblatt was in and he was out?.and they want 'Democracy' in Lebanon.

LebaneseForces said:
No, it doesnt.But they have a right to defend themselves when they are attacked without provocation.
PS-yes i know Walid Jumblatt is a druze.

Bombers 2003 said:
No, it doesnt.But they have a right to defend themselves when they are attacked without provocation.
PS-yes i know Walid Jumblatt is a druze.

Without Provocation??? Where do i start with the provacation?
*First of all too arm yourself in another one's country is provocation enough for the Christians...
*Attacking israel from our country is provocation enough for the Christians
*declaring too everyone they will throw the Christians into the sea is provocation enough
*Killing, abusing, spitting, terrorising Christians is provocation enough
*Brainwashing our fellow lebanese (Muslims) into their cause is provocation enough.
*Attack the national army is provocation enough (Christians n Muslims n Druze in the army)
Do you need me too continue?
PLO/Fatah/Islamic Jihad etc etc are scums of the world! They are trouble makers and start Trouble where ever they go! I have no sympathy at all for their cause, they have made me hate them and support israel... I feel sorry for Israel...
Abbas is a good leader and he will lead the Palestinian people too their own land (COMPROMISE WITH ISRAEL)... PLO, fatah and Islamic Jihad and add hessbollah too that, they are scums of the world (There supporters too) and they are the reason of all trouble in the region along with Syria (Who sponser and aid the scums)...

Bombers 2003 said:
The Maronites are the most fascist ethnic group in the ME,remember herr Pierre Gemayl and his hero worship of Hitler?Or herr Bashir G and his attempted overthrow of a legitimate lebanese government because Walid Jumblatt was in and he was out?.and they want 'Democracy' in Lebanon.

Your a ****************... The Maronites are Catholics who originated from present day Syria but settled in mount Lebanon due too constant (Wait for It...) PERSECUTION... You make it should like the Maronites are a political Group...
Pierre Gemayel was the founder along with 3 others of the Kataeb partry (Phalangist), He was impressed with the discipline of the Germany at the time of the 30's, 40's and modelled his party along the lines of that discipline! He was not Facist, it was a BBC beat up at the time of the civil war too place the Christians as 'Extreme Right'...
Bashir Gemayel was legally appointed President by parliament... He was assassinated by Syria (Who have also assassinated your hero Walid Jumblatt Dad Kamal, former head of the PSP)...

TWO bombs blasts have rocked Lebanon in the last 5 days... They both happened too be in Christian areas... Whats the provocation Bomber? Peaceful Protests :confused: ...
Everyone know hessbollah and Syria are behind them (Only armed group in lebanon)... What's the provocation Bomber? Are the Christians not allowed too defend themselves if this continues too happen????

Bombers 2003 said:

Bombers, prior to the PLO landing there, Lebanon was a peaceful, prosperous (by Arab standards) basically pro western Arab sate.

This is the real source of your angst, isn't it?

The Maronites, Shia and Sunni/others had a defacto power sharing arrangement.

Another source of your angst, I suspect.

The extremeist PLO embedded itself and within a year or so the place was in chaos. The terrorist attacks that then started to take place against Israel, led to Israel's invasion, which then led to the rise of Hezbollah. That was the cause and effect. Hezbollah in itself was a child of the fundamental extremist revolution in Iran that founded the first fundamentalist Islamic state and threatened both the USA and the USSR.

Since the civil war which destroyed the previously prosperous Lebanon, just as the PLO destroyed Palestine in the last 4 years), Syria has virtually occupied the place. Not surprising as Syria has always considered Lebanon, Israel, Palestine and Jordan to be Greater Syria. One of the major reasons why the Palestinians did not get their own State after 1948.

However what can't be denied surely is that the pre war prosperity of Lebanon was due to its large Christian population. You just have to look at the performance of Arab economies still imprisoned by atavistic extreme Muslim mores.I suspect Lebanon's recovery has also been driven by the Christian pro western capitalist population.

Unfortunately for you old Stalinists the infomation revolution is putting the final nails in the Communist v Capitalism argument and the Arab "street" is reacting accordingly. Take heart, Bombers, you are living through a significant turning point in history. What an exciting time. The last turning point of equal significance for the Middle East was the establishment of the Jewish State in 1948. It's been a long resistance to progress and change, but now the the Arabs look like they might join the 21st century before the advent of the 22nd. A big leap from the 13th century, all in one go!

And take more heart from this: at lastsuperpower.net they relate this to pure Marxist verities: Capitalism will run its course before the true global workers state will arrive.

Personally, I think its the triumph of old fashioned Greek/Judeo/Christian democratic values that will do it.

But who cares, as long as the result is the same?

GuruJane said:
However what can't be denied surely is that the pre war prosperity of Lebanon was due to its large Christian population. You just have to look at the performance of Arab economies still imprisoned by atavistic extreme Muslim mores.I suspect Lebanon's recovery has also been driven by the Christian pro western capitalist population.

Ahh Jane, you just can't help yourself can you. All muslims bad, all Christians good....eh Jane. Strange, considering that it was the maronites who virtually begged the Syrians to enter Lebannon in the first place.

And you deny that you are an Islamophobe.

Lets take a look at some 'arab economies'...shall we. Dubai for one has a booming economy, achieved not from oil (which the UAE has very little of), but trade, and the population is ALL muslim. Oman, Qatar and Bahrain, all examples of muslim countries who have more then adequate economies, all 'backward muslims' as you would put it.

You ought to really try to let go of your hate. Have you ever considered counselling??

GuruJane said:
Personally, I think its the triumph of old fashioned Greek/Judeo/Christian democratic values that will do it.

BWAHAHAHA!

Once again, it is ludicrous statements such as these which convince that you have absolutely NO IDEA about what democracy is.

Perhaps you can list those Judeo/Christian democratic values.

Thanks Jane, for bringing a smile to my face.

Judeo/Christian democratic values...BWAHAHA, good one.

The rest of your post is just islamophobic racist drivel, and deluded fantasies....more of your 'cheerleading' crap which we've all come to expect from you. Garbage, all of it. Your description of the history of Lebennon is just plain wrong, on so many levels.

Oh, and isn't it interesting that you are 'excited' by these times.....watching US bombs and IDF bullets killing arab muslims excites you......kind of reflects on what sort of a pathetic human being you really are.

I think that you might be the dumbest journalist I've ever come across....who do you write for....Truth Magazine??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lestat you may as well stop engaging her - no amount of logic or civil argument will sway her belief that Muslims are a pack of infantile savages incapable of running a democracy or an economy - they need the west to bale them out.

We all know why the economy in Lebanon was successful;it was because of the Christians - Now I have heard it all. What was it that Ann Coulter said - oh yes that's right "Lets invade and convert them all"

I have had it with this Board

Mark Perica said:
Lestat you may as well stop engaging her - no amount of logic of civil argument will sway her belief that Muslims are a pack of infantile savages incapable of running a democracy or an economy

Your right...I don't know why I bother. And do you know what the saddest thing is.....she actually with a straight face tries to deny that she is an Islamophobe.

What a pathetic excuse for a human being she is...truly!

GuruJane said:
I have had it with this Board

hehe, I know what you mean Mark.....but hang in there. Most people who past here are ok, even some of the right wingers.

GuruJane said:
How am I doing, LebaneseForces?

Pathetic is the one that posts, then seeks approval from others!

Considering that LebanesForces probably hates muslims/Islam as much as you do...it is fitting that you seek his/her praise for your prejudice, bigotted Islamophobic views.

And the sad thing is, you'll probably get it.

Lestat said:
Lets take a look at some 'arab economies'...shall we. Dubai for one has a booming economy, achieved not from oil (which the UAE has very little of), but trade, and the population is ALL muslim.

http://worldfacts.us/United-Arab-Emirates.htm

The UAE has an open economy with a high per capita income and a sizable annual trade surplus. Its wealth is based on oil and gas output (about 33% of GDP), and the fortunes of the economy fluctuate with the prices of those commodities.

medusala said:
http://worldfacts.us/United-Arab-Emirates.htm

The UAE has an open economy with a high per capita income and a sizable annual trade surplus. Its wealth is based on oil and gas output (about 33% of GDP), and the fortunes of the economy fluctuate with the prices of those commodities.

UAE is reducing its dependance on oil, and 33% is not a huge amount, when you compare it with its fellow gulf states (Qatar, Saudi Arabia) who oil and gas revenue make up a much larger percentage of its GDP.

As I said, most of UAE GDP comes from trade. Dubai has no duty tax, and very minimal income tax. I just recently spent a week there, and it is an amazing city....beautiful, with growth and buildings booming. So much construction, so modern, and I did not see a car older then 4 years. All the Taxi's are 2002 (or Later) camry's, with DVD players in the back seat.

I was expecting to see an arab city, what I did see was a modern clean city which could very well have been in Australia, or Europe, and the place is just dripping with money.

From the link you provided....

The UAE's per capita GDP is not far below those of leading West European nations. Its generosity with oil revenues and its moderate foreign policy stance have allowed the UAE to play a vital role in the affairs of the region.

And it has been reported that Dubai has recorded the fastest growing GDP in the world...this has been due to government's support for the private sector, increase in local spending, constant growth of non-oil sectors and sustained high oil prices.

http://www.axcessnews.com/business_010405a.shtml

And even as we speak, UAE is reducing its dependance on oil.

http://static.highbeam.com/x/xinhuanewsagency/may062004/uaesdubaieconomynolongerreliantonoilreport/

Lestat said:
Pathetic is the one that posts, then seeks approval from others!

Considering that LebanesForces probably hates muslims/Islam as much as you do...it is fitting that you seek his/her praise for your prejudice, bigotted Islamophobic views.

And the sad thing is, you'll probably get it.

Yeah because it's fact!
I don't hate Muslims... I hate People who occupy Lebanon and bring terror to the Lebanese... The TWO MILLION people who took to the streets in Lebanon were a mix of Christian, Muslim n Druze... It was great too see!
The Pro-Syrian rally which drew 500,000 was attendant by more Syrians n Palestinians (Who the hell are they too protest on lebanon's behave???) then Lebanese people (And that's a fact!)... It was quiet embarrassing watching it on TV and hearing interviews with the crowd most didn't know who the person was they were holding up on their banners... It might come as a surprise but some of my closest mates are Muslim...

Lestat said:
UAE is reducing its dependance on oil, and 33% is not a huge amount, when you compare it with its fellow gulf states (Qatar, Saudi Arabia) who oil and gas revenue make up a much larger percentage of its GDP.

As I said, most of UAE GDP comes from trade. Dubai has no duty tax, and very minimal income tax. I just recently spent a week there, and it is an amazing city....beautiful, with growth and buildings booming. So much construction, so modern, and I did not see a car older then 4 years. All the Taxi's are 2002 (or Later) camry's, with DVD players in the back seat.

I have been there too and was highly impressed. Actually a good place to go out with alcohol freely available if you are after it. I agree the rulers are very forward looking compared to most and do have the foresight to look past oil. There are some worries over all the property development there but other than that its looks as though Dubai is on its way to becoming the new Lebanon of the area. Wins business destination of the year quite often too. I could happily live there for 12 mths.

LebaneseForces said:
You have got all the facts right... Your posts are spot on!

Gee, no surprises there!. :rolleyes:

You do realise that Harriri was a SUNNI MUSLIM do you not.

How much do you have to thank Harriri for leading you out of the quagmire you were in.

And considering how many of your 'facts' are often blatantly wrong and misleading (everytime a Christian does something wrong....they are 'traitors', yet the muslims are just evil)...it doesn't surprise me whatsoever that you would see Jane's post as 'spot on'.

Especially her 'Christians have made Lebennon great, whereas muslims have ruined Lebenon' gist of her post...no wonder that one bought a tear of joy to your eyes.

The saddest thing LebeneseForces...is that GuruJane is exactly the type of person who would look down on you, because of your roots. She is a bigot, and the fact that you think she is 'spot on' reflects on what type of person you are!

Unless of course you walk around with a 'I'm lebo, but Christian' top on (which wouldn't surprise me).

Lestat said:
Ahh Jane, you just can't help yourself can you. All muslims bad, all Christians good....eh Jane. Strange, considering that it was the maronites who virtually begged the Syrians to enter Lebannon in the first place.

So your presuming all maronites are united? Stop generalising about the Maronite people!
The person who called Syria in was Yes Marnoite but he was and still is and his group/supporters will always be Syrian puppets... They are hated by most of the Christian community and are traitors too Lebanon! They called them in and Syria have stayed eversince (1976-present day)... The Majority of the Christian community never wanted Syria in, we kicked them out of our areas in the 100 day war and continually fought against them when they tried time n time again too over taken the Free Christian Areas!

Lestat said:
Gee, no surprises there!. :rolleyes:

You do realise that Harriri was a SUNNI MUSLIM do you not.

How much do you have to thank Harriri for leading you out of the quagmire you were in.

And considering how many of your 'facts' are often blatantly wrong and misleading (everytime a Christian does something wrong....they are 'traitors', yet the muslims are just evil)...it doesn't surprise me whatsoever that you would see Jane's post as 'spot on'.

Especially her 'Christians have made Lebennon great, whereas muslims have ruined Lebenon' gist of her post...no wonder that one bought a tear of joy to your eyes.

The saddest thing LebeneseForces...is that GuruJane is exactly the type of person who would look down on you, because of your roots. She is a bigot, and the fact that you think she is 'spot on' reflects on what type of person you are!

Unless of course you walk around with a 'I'm lebo, but Christian' top on (which wouldn't surprise me).

No mate you don't get it do you? I do not hate Muslims... I do not go around saying i'm Lebanese but Christian (Although i do wear a cross everywhere i go and will never take it off)... I don't care if people look down on me because i'm lebanese, i'm proud of who i am and my countries (Lebanon n Australia)... I will not only fight to the death in not only defending the Christians in lebanon but also our Muslim brothers n sisters! Syria/Palestinians/iran/Israel/USA/Muslims in the ME/Christians in Europe/everyone else in this world (Except of course for Australia i will not defend and fight for)... Everyone else can go get ********ed and leave Lebanon alone!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back