Freo robbed !!! Ball was clearly touched. AFL media trying to cover up the obvious umpire error

Remove this Banner Ad

I maintain that people complain about umpiring all the time, but if every game was umpired perfectly the game would be boring as hell. This website probably wouldn’t even exist.

Also blame Clark for not knowing when to shut up. Freo still could have won with another centre bounce

Why don’t we just flip a coin to decide who wins?

Most ‘professional’ sports allow for technology or challenges to ensure the right decisions are made. Tennis, basketball, baseball, list goes on.

If umpires aren’t good enough to make correct decisions, you need to allow a system to make sure correct decisions are made.

FIFA doesn’t allow umpires to ‘make mistakes’. My team misses finals because of an ‘umpire mistake’. The AFL shrugs its shoulders rather than address the issue. Worse, they punish the players for pointing out the error.

Little league can make mistakes, sure. But this is the big league with billions of dollars on the line. Fans and players should expect correct umpiring and not to have games decided on mistakes.
Mistakes happen in all pro sports leagues.

WTF are you yapping about

It'd be nice if Carlton fans could gtfo. As the OP tried to say this is a larger issue and it's time we all had it without worrying about tribalism.

The AFL coming out ajd acknowledging the error as if that fixes the issue is playing us all for mugs. Actually fix the system so it doesn't happen again. It's not ok to ask everyone to pay hundreds or thousands a year investing into a sporting code and then ask us to accept sometimes mistakes happen.

Its not good enough and if mistakes are to happen they need to be fixed.

Get a challenge system ASAP. Last 5 mins of the game should be unlimited reviews. People saying there were earlier frees to Freo so its even are stupid. Carlton had time to come back from any mistaken free, Freo did not. It's not fair. Why can't fans see the bigger issue...that they got the 4 pts and they should support better systems next time because it could be them on the other end next time. Bet it won't be swings and roundabouts then.
So you want unlimited umpire challenges in the last 5 minutes?
So a shocker in the last 5 minutes and 10 seconds won't worry you?

Jon Ralph just showed the Fox footage showing a clear deflection, also, the dissent was paid against Freo, who was swearing at his own team mate, not the umpire.

So two umpire errors have confirmed cost the Dockers 4 points.
Of course he said that and that is coming from the player himself! What do you want him to say? ( Yeah i called the Ump a campaigner ?? ) That comment is coming straight from Freos media team who told him what to say after the event.

Jon Ralph even said that is the players words and then it comes down to who do you believe at the end of the day?

Nothing will change the result though and it is just another week in the AFL!

It's not the first dissent ruling I've seen this season.

There was another I recall seeing (can't remember the game) when the player told the umpire to look at the replay, and copped a 50 which took his opponent's shot for goal to the goal line.

Jon Ralph just showed the Fox footage showing a clear deflection, also, the dissent was paid against Freo, who was swearing at his own team mate, not the umpire.

So two umpire errors have confirmed cost the Dockers 4 points.
Not really.

Who's to say a Carlton player wouldn't have crumbed and snapped true if it was called touched? Or balled up, crumbed and slotted through? Etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really.

Who's to say a Carlton player wouldn't have crumbed and snapped true if it was called touched? Or balled up, crumbed and slotted through? Etc.
This has been mentioned multiple times and is always ignored for some reason! Seems as soon as it wasnt paid touched Freo would of won the game anyway even though we had possession 15m out with still over a minute left!

30 seconds is a long time in footy from the center square let alone over 1 min 15m out! But apparently Freo automatically win if the ball was called touch on here! 🤣🤦‍♀️

We wuz robbed, but we could've iced the game with some more smart decisions late.
I'm concerned that 4 umpires is really not much better than 2 or 3.
FFS I remember 1 umpire, and it was nowhere near as controversial as today

Umpires have been ****ing deplorable for years, if Carlton lost like Freo did yesterday I'd be ropeable.

Can understand the mark being paid, as I'm sure similar things happen many times over the season but you can't be paying a dissent free kick in that situation of the match

Let's say Jordan is lying.

Umpire didn't hear what he said.

So, they reward a free plus a free kick for dissent, on the bases of Jordan looking angry.
I’m not saying he’s lying. I’m just saying I agree with him that he’s a ******* idiot

we had a goal chalked off r1 last year after a mark was paid, the goal was scored and the umpires wanted to check if it was a clear mark or not via a score review so there’s precedent - but only if we score a goal (not when it’s against us)

And we lost that game by less than a kick and would have lost the game against Carlton by less than a kick has the dissent call not been made

Remove this Banner Ad

Back