Game of Thrones - spoilers inside

Remove this Banner Ad

***Spoiler warning***

I found the Ramsay Bolton stuff way more interesting than the Jon Snow stuff in this episode. This guy is starting to make Joffrey look like a mere pussycat.

was a bit of poetic justice the way roose was killed off..very similar to how he finished off rob

but i wasn't happy with that, would have preferred roose had automatically killed off ramsay, would do more justice to the cold calculating character roose is who picks up on all situations with emotion...and doesnt generally come off second best

***Spoiler warning***

I found the Ramsay Bolton stuff way more interesting than the Jon Snow stuff in this episode. This guy is starting to make Joffrey look like a mere pussycat.
When he was with Roose I legit thought Roose was the one who done the stabbing. Also attacking The Wall is like breaking the Geneva conventions... the blokes a fruitcake.

Actually I wanted to check what is the spoiler policy for this thread? Are we ok with things being discussed straight away? Or wait a day or 2? Or just start including spoilers tags or something in the thread title?

It's a tricky one. I put in spoiler tags just to be safe but if you open this thread after 11am on a Monday, prepare to be spoiled I guess.

I'd have thought anything after the show airs is fair game. I realise that some people won't get to see it until later that night - I'll be among them, but it's not hard to have some self-control.

I'll miss Roose. That voice. It's probably inevitable we'll start to see the northern families come in a bit more now.

***Spoiler warning***

I think that might be because everyone knew Jon would come back, eventually.

When Ramsay held the baby though, I thought to myself that he surely couldn't just stab it on television. Way to one up me on that one, Ramsay.

hopefully the Manderleys come in, they were mentioned today

Readers of the books will anticipate their increased involvement. Don't know if the TV show will play out in a similar vein though.

Yeah Roose was a good character. Psychotic but controlled. He really was a big threat. Ramsey is more immediately scary to those around him but you just know that he won't be able to maintain control for long. That was the real twist in the episode killing off Roose.

Was a twist I didn't see coming but it felt out of the blue like Doran's death: no build up at all. Kind of feels like they're trimming down rivals and presenting clear cut villains to focus on. Ramsay is certainly that, although they're trying a little too hard now to make him the ultra-edgy and unlikable villain. He's pretty much crossed the line to cartoonish villain now. Not sure what the hell his long term strategy is either?
He's not going to have many allies down the line: Karstarks going along to fight the Night's Watch after recently finishing a war just because Jon is Robb's half brother (or cousin)is a bit of stretch. Frey isn't going to side with him. Maybe if he hadn't fed his daughter and grandson to the hounds but no way in hell now. Littlefinger's alliance was with his Roose, can't see him dealing with someone so unpredictable. Probably just going to build to a battle in the North to clear out the villain where all direction has been turned and then have then move onto the White Walkers.

My favourite moment was between Jamie and the High Sparrow. Can't wait to see what eventuates there. I do hope we get to see Jamie in the Riverlands at some point though.

Next week should be good: Kingsmoot, Jon back in action (can't wait to see Thorne and Olly's reaction) and Tower of Joy: guessing we'll finally find out the truth about Jon.

Also who is that offering a gift to Ramsay and any guesses on the gift: Theon? Rickon?
edit: Can't be Theon. No way they're cruel enough to let him finally get freed and then end up back in Ramsay's clutches.

He's not going to have many allies down the line: Karstarks going along to fight the Night's Watch after recently finishing a war just because Jon is Robb's half brother (or cousin)is a bit of stretch. Frey isn't going to side with him. Maybe if he hadn't fed his daughter and grandson to the hounds but no way in hell now. Littlefinger's alliance was with his Roose, can't see him dealing with someone so unpredictable.
Massive stretch but if word of what has happened to Roose and the escape of Sansa finds it's way to Littlefinger, could he get the Eyrie to help aid the nights watch against Ramsay?

He would get what he wanted in Sansa being the Queen in the north and major allies on his side (In his mind) for when he inevitably tries for the throne as he is the biggest player of them all.

Also in the trailer we see Ser Davos going to a northern house for help, I presume that is House Mormont? Lyanna Mormont (Named after Lyanna Stark) rejected helping Stannis as they only help the Starks, which now multiple Starks are back in action (Sansa/Jon).

I cannot see how Ramsay could win against the Wildlings, Nights Watch, House Mormont & help from the Eyrie.
Also who is that offering a gift to Ramsay and any guesses on the gift: Theon? Rickon?
edit: Can't be Theon. No way they're cruel enough to let him finally get freed and then end up back in Ramsay's clutches.
My guess is Rickon, House Umber is seen riding in the trailer to Winterfell and presumably then showing the "gift" as Rickon (He was sent to Umber way back when).

Last edited:
Massive stretch but if word of what has happened to Roose and the escape of Sansa finds it's way to Littlefinger, could he get the Eyrie to help aid the nights watch against Ramsay?

He would get what he wanted in Sansa being the Queen in the north and major allies on his side (In his mind) for when he inevitably tries for the throne as he is the biggest player of them all.

Also in the trailer we see Ser Davos going to a northern house for help, I presume that is House Mormont? Lyanna Mormont (Named after Lyanna Stark) rejected helping Stannis as they only help the Starks, which now multiple Starks are back in action (Sansa/Jon).

I cannot see how Ramsay could win against the Wildlings, Nights Watch, House Mormont & help from the Eyrie.

My guess is Rickon, House Umber is seen riding in the trailer to Winterfell and presumably then showing the "gift" as Rickon (He was sent to Umber way back when).

House Umber was aligned with the Starks...wont be selling out Rickon surely, would just be they have found Theon, he has no more use in the tv show will die out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope it does, was very disapointed the North Remembers scene never played out...maybe they willl bring them in just for that

Now I'm hungry for pie... ;)

It wouldn't surprise me if they condense it somehow to using one of the other northern families already introduced in the first two seasons. I don't think the Manderleys were featured much. The Umbers possibly more likely...

Littlefinger will obviously play a big part in the events up North. His absence has been very conspicuous so far.

They have done a good job at keeping him off the radar... i had totally forgot about him TBH. I do really enjoy his character, very keen to see how it plays out.

Now I'm hungry for pie... ;)

It wouldn't surprise me if they condense it somehow to using one of the other northern families already introduced in the first two seasons. I don't think the Manderleys were featured much. The Umbers possibly more likely...

the pie scene would be amazing and what I was looking forward to the most...wouldnt make much sense now though since if they were looking to work against ramsay at the very least they would want an alliance with the Freys

Bingo.

my interest in the show is waning. Last season was rubbish and this season looks even worse. I just can't pin point the reason but I think it has to do with a numerous reasons from poor writing, poor directing and too much fantasy elements in it. I hate fantasy genre and really liked GOT when it had minimal magic and dragons etc but now it's starting to get stupid. My opinion of course and I knew the series was fantasy but I thought it just touched on it.

my interest in the show is waning. Last season was rubbish and this season looks even worse. I just can't pin point the reason but I think it has to do with a numerous reasons from poor writing, poor directing and too much fantasy elements in it. I hate fantasy genre and really liked GOT when it had minimal magic and dragons etc but now it's starting to get stupid. My opinion of course and I knew the series was fantasy but I thought it just touched on it.
Personally getting bored of Daenerys' plot and the whole dothraki thing, the high scepter rubbish has gone on far too long and the whole of Dorne has been a mess since Oberyn's death.

Other than those issues with the show, I'm very much enjoying it.

I'm assuming you enjoyed the show more when it was about armies of men fighting (Robb, Stannis, Tywin) rather than the now current no wars happening but lots of talking, magic & dragons. Which I understand greatly if that's true.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back