GDFL Season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Look out for the boys from werribee. Some real big things cooking down at civilex oval. will take the competition by storm in 2019 tell ya that for free

Last edited:

Look out for the boys from werribee. Some real big things cooking down at civilex oval. will take the competition by storm in 2019 tell ya that for free
Rarely down for long, got the entire western suburbs at their doorstep, lets face it money talks so if they can afford it they can improve faster than most geelong based clubs

Wow, this guy can play. He could quite easily kick 50-60 plus goals as a small fwd come midfielder.
I remember Glen Wallace saying he was one of the toughest footballers he has played with due the size of the guy. If they can get his brother, Josh then double bonus!
As expected, Josh has joined brother Jarrod at Thomson. Not quite as good but will put plenty of fear into opposition Backs and Mids. Will play predominantly fwd, will kick goals and his fwd pressure is second only to his brother👍

I am on the look out for some old 'Football Records' from the GDFL from the 1970s, 1980s and 1990s.
Home and away or finals editions are fine. I would prefer hard copies but scans are fine as well.
Please message me if you can assist.
Get in touch with coggs at belmont, been collecting records for years and years, i bet he’s got what ur after

Hearing Blake Hutchinson has signed a lucrative deal out at Corio!!
Why on earth would he not go play for uncie Macca at North Shore, played some great footy the last couple of years, obviously doing the mercenary thing and just chasing $, so sad and a wasted talent or just plain lazy

Why on earth would he not go play for uncie Macca at North Shore, played some great footy the last couple of years, obviously doing the mercenary thing and just chasing $, so sad and a wasted talent or just plain lazy

Ballan jobs might have fallen thru. Might explain tyquin back too for Banno. Good for tigers

Ballan jobs might have fallen thru. Might explain tyquin back too for Banno. Good for tigers

Interesting hearing not all people happy with the Gillies signing out at Banno. Hard to justify going and out paying huge dollars to one recruit to the rest of the playing group.

Interesting hearing not all people happy with the Gillies signing out at Banno. Hard to justify going and out paying huge dollars to one recruit to the rest of the playing group.

This says more about the group than anything else....if true. I couldn’t care what they paid someone in my team, especially a gun who’s a big key fwd. As long as he performs I’d be rapt that someone has come in to bring the team closer to success.

He’s obviously not a dud so players should be thanking the ppl who brought him in, not whining.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A
This says more about the group than anything else....if true. I couldn’t care what they paid someone in my team, especially a gun who’s a big key fwd. As long as he performs I’d be rapt that someone has come in to bring the team closer to success.

He’s obviously not a dud so players should be thanking the ppl who brought him in, not whining.
agree with you there but you still have to have 23 happy players for the team to hope for success, secondly i believe the next few years will be a defining time for the GDFL as i do not see most teams being able to generate the sort of $ players are demanding these days, unless the AFL find a way to reign it in, teams will dissapear

Ballan jobs might have fallen thru. Might explain tyquin back too for Banno. Good for tigers[/QUOTE]

Anyone know an update on the Ballan Boys and where they may end up? Tyquin back to Bannoch? Hutchinson, KennedyHunt, Seddon....
Most clubs would have the their points and salary cap locked in by now heh?

Anyone know an update on the Ballan Boys and where they may end up? Tyquin back to Bannoch? Hutchinson, KennedyHunt, Seddon....
Most clubs would have the their points and salary cap locked in by now heh?[/QUOTE]

Rightio, been really quiet on here lately.

Whats everyones predictions for this season
-Premier
-Runner up
-Top 4
-Clubs on the up/down
-and wooden spoon

Rightio, been really quiet on here lately.

Whats everyones predictions for this season
-Premier
-Runner up
-Top 4
-Clubs on the up/down
-and wooden spoon

- Thomson
- Thomson, Bannockburn, Geelong West, Winchelsea, Inverleigh (I went with top 5 as that's the make up of finals)
- UP: Bannockburn, Belmont, Werribee. DOWN: Bell Post Hill, Inverleigh, North Geelong
- Corio

Werribee
Belmont
Thomson
Winchelsea
Bell Post Hill

Nth Geelong
Bannockburn
East Geelong
Inverleigh
Geelong West
Anakie
Corio

Im going with,

Thomson Premiers
Geelong West RU

Thomson
Geelong West
Winchelsea
Werribee
Anakie

UP will be Winch, Anakie and Belmont
Down will be BPH, Inverleigh and North Geelong
Spoon will be Corio

I do also know that a practice match is a practice match but hearing that Birregurra gave Inver a touch up? Anyone else heard anything?

Werribee
Belmont
Thomson
Winchelsea
Bell Post Hill

Nth Geelong
Bannockburn
East Geelong
Inverleigh
Geelong West
Anakie
Corio

Thomson
Bannockburn
Werribee
Geelong West
Winchelsea
Belmont
Inverleigh
Anakie
Bell Post Hill
North Geelong
East Geelong
Corio

- Thomson
- Thomson, Bannockburn, Geelong West, Winchelsea, Inverleigh (I went with top 5 as that's the make up of finals)
- UP: Bannockburn, Belmont, Werribee. DOWN: Bell Post Hill, Inverleigh, North Geelong
- Corio
Thomson
Banno
West
Werribee
Inver
BPH
Winch
Belmont
East
North
Anakie