News General sports discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

100% agree.

The arrogance of the Kiwis to expect opposition to stop their match preparation and watch their ”show” has always astounded me.

I would ignore them while they have their playtime.
IIRC, the Aussies tried that once, might have even turned their backs on them. The first 10 minutes was the most brutal tackling I have ever seen, the Kiwis were insulted and crushed the game before it really began.

That s why teams now show respect and watch it. Makes for good theatre too.

IIRC, the Aussies tried that once, might have even turned their backs on them. The first 10 minutes was the most brutal tackling I have ever seen, the Kiwis were insulted and crushed the game before it really began.

That s why teams now show respect and watch it. Makes for good theatre too.

I think the Aussies, under Phil Kearns, laughed at them.

100% agree.

The arrogance of the Kiwis to expect opposition to stop their match preparation and watch their ”show” has always astounded me.

I would ignore them while they have their playtime.
tend to agree but at the same time it is a bit of a spectacle and makes good viewing. i think the best thing an opposition can do is to stare at them without blinking and pantz them in the game.

I sort of understand the haka, but now every tribe has a war dance. Samoa, PNG, Afghanistan, Frankston RSL....
FMD, where does it end?
My clan have been fighting throughout our history (Normally at Christmas after drinking too much and missing out on the drumstick) it’s in our blood, it’s what we do, always has been, always will be.
Whenever it’s my turn to do Christmas and the mutants are about to arrive, I’m extremely nervous, fearful in fact. It creates havoc with my intestinal system.
Have always found a great big pre visit s**t helps in this circumstance, something I like to call my pre war s**t, it’s become my homage to family mutants of yore. It’s tradition.
Probably just lucky for the rest of you that me and the mutants are not very good at rugby.

Last edited:
I sort of understand the haka, but now every tribe has a war dance. Samoa, PNG, Afghanistan, Frankston RSL....
FMD, where does it end?
My clan have been fighting throughout our history (Normally at Christmas after drinking too much and missing out on the drumstick) it’s in our blood, it’s what we do, always has been, always will be.
Whenever it’s my turn to do Christmas and the mutants are about to arrive, I’m extremely nervous, fearful in fact. It creates havoc with my intestinal system.
Have always found a great big pre visit s**t helps in these circumstance, something I like to call it my pre war s**t, it’s become my homage to family mutants of yore. It’s tradition.
Probably just lucky for the rest of you that me and the mutants are not very good at rugby.

Yep.

But if the Australian rugby team did "my pre war s**t" pre-match on the field it would be awkward........

Last edited:
FMD, where does it end?
Have always found a great big pre visit s**t helps in this circumstance, something I like to call my pre war s**t, it’s become my homage to family mutants of yore. It’s tradition.
so you are a typical family..

Not bagging it at all, but for others to be told they have to stand to attention and 'respect'? Respect what exactly? Anothers' tradition?
Maybe the Aussies can pull out a barbie and throw a shrimp on it and the Kiwis should 'respect' It's all nonsense....and worse than that it's enforced nonsense.

If I was the opposing team, I'd sooner be warming up than to be told what to do and have 'respect' imposed upon them.
Let the Kiwis do their haka if they want. They can do it in the rooms, or on the field on their own.
So what happens when Australia's Indigenous people's finally get a treaty, and we celebrate their Culture as the kiwi's do before international games?

It reaffirms our sense of Belonging being one Nation.

Why don't we just be one then.
I keep saying: The more inclusive we pretend to be, the more divided we actually are.

I wouldn't be using 'One Nation' as a claim to something positive. :)

Anyway, no one should be forced to 'respect' anything they don't. That's just silly...when you think about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the Aussies, under Phil Kearns, laughed at them.
1996 was the year the Aussies warmed up instead of watching, looked it up.

Kiwis won 43-6 against an Aussie side with some of our greatest ever players in it.

Not bagging it at all, but for others to be told they have to stand to attention and 'respect'? Respect what exactly? Anothers' tradition?
Maybe the Aussies can pull out a barbie and throw a shrimp on it and the Kiwis should 'respect' It's all nonsense....and worse than that it's enforced nonsense.

If I was the opposing team, I'd sooner be warming up than to be told what to do and have 'respect' imposed upon them.
Let the Kiwis do their haka if they want. They can do it in the rooms, or on the field on their own.

I grew up in the bush and my family "tradition" for generations was shooting (I'm serious).

So when anyone does their silly pre-match "war dance" surely I'd be entitled to pull out my imaginary pump action shotgun and have some target practice?

And expect the opposition to "respect" this?

And I'm not just talking about the haka.

One of the main problems with the haka is that it gives the NZ team a protected opportunity to intimidate there opponent, while said opponent is obligated to merely observe.
It's secondary affect is that it also unifies and amps up the NZ team, at a moment just prior to "combat" while the opposition isn't awarded the same privileged.

Just born to ride bikes are the Marquez brothers.
I’ll just check for traffic, slid down the main straight beside it, hop back on and pretend that didn’t happen.
Then ride flat stick in pissing down rain again.
Crazy brave are these blokes, crazy.

Another two huge moments today Once . Seemed to have tire issues . Maybe running the soft compound but he was highsiding early. !?Anyway he seems to have sown up . Phillip Island awaits .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I've been watching the final round of the French Open Golf Championship on Foxtel.

Some dude lit up a dart in between shots walking down the fairway, then handed it to his caddie....no idea who it was, but absolute gold :thumbsu::)

edit: holy s**t, it was the winner Nicolas Colsaerts!!! Apparently uses the smoke to gauge the wind!!! Yeah, right....

I've been watching the final round of the French Open Golf Championship on Foxtel.

Some dude lit up a dart in between shots walking down the fairway, then handed it to his caddie....no idea who it was, but absolute gold :thumbsu::)

edit: holy s**t, it was the winner Nicolas Colsaerts!!! Apparently uses the smoke to gauge the wind!!! Yeah, right....

What sort of dart was it?

Might be a strange variation of the practice of throwing a bit of grass in the air.

Was it Stig O'Hara
:cool::cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back