Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
grid-field-start.gif

grid-field-start.gif
Premiership
info-button.png
grid-field-end.gif

grid-field-start.gif
Clarence 2.75
grid-field-end.gif

grid-field-start.gif
Burnie 4.00
grid-field-end.gif

grid-field-start.gif
Western Storm 4.00
grid-field-end.gif

grid-field-start.gif
Glenorchy 5.00
grid-field-end.gif

grid-field-start.gif
North Launceston 5.00
grid-field-end.gif

grid-field-start.gif
Lauderdale 17.00
grid-field-end.gif

Interesting market for the flag

IMO The best bet in that lot, at this stage, looking at who they play in the last 3 games & considering how they are playing, I'd put $10 on Lauderdale. Next best would be Storm, then Burnie I reckon.

IMO The best bet in that lot, at this stage, looking at who they play in the last 3 games & considering how they are playing, I'd put $10 on Lauderdale. Next best would be Storm, then Burnie I reckon.

I don't think Lauderdale can win the flag but definitely overs isn't it? If they beat Clarence this week then a double chance is right on the radar and will be a lot shorter than $17. I reckon $4 for the storm looks pretty good, if they win this week and Clarence lose then they will be a hell of a lot shorter.

Last edited:
I said they will have about 10 players different against Hobart City from the last time they met. Hill, Roberts and D. Smith wont play again this year so ill leave them out

Bellchambers Duggan J Mcguiness
Hudson Siggins M.Smith
Hevey Waller Dunham
Boscott Cassidy Plant
Dilenno B.Halton McManus

Johnston
Walsh
Taylor

Dodge, Burk, Joyce, Franks

You quite clearly said there will be about 10 players coming back in. That is different from saying there will be 10 different players from the last time you played North Hobart

You quite clearly said there will be about 10 players coming back in. That is different from saying there will be 10 different players from the last time you played North Hobart

They must have been bloody average on the weekend though, hard to see them beating Lauderdale down there and the bombers will have a completely different side to last time they played them with about 10 players coming back in.

Well what does this say then? Contrary to what you say I think it is quite clear what I said isn't it? Which bit of the bolded part is confusing you? Honestly what is your problem pal?

Last edited:
I'm with hth I believe the bombers will win. I have a soft spot for them since a few boys from dodges have gone up and stayed, and become good players for the Lauderdale side. I would like to see Lauderdale wop the other pretentious side, the rumour is that the will be playing a few kids due to the lack of numbers again. pity but Darren winter will be lickin his lips with from all the hype surrounding the game. go bombers

i have heard a one MITCH THORP is back in town. an injury put his season to bed for glenelg and wasnt getting paid so had to move back. have heard a possible link to devonport as coach next year.

Some interesting results today.
Storm by 3 pts despite having 7 less scoring shots than Burnie.
Devonport by 33 over Launy.
Lauderdale by 15 over Clar.
North Launy by 55 over Glen.
North Hob by 99 over Kingston.

So Clarence lose top spot & are in free fall. They play at West Park next week & are in real trouble.
Two games left & the final 5 is wide open as are all the finals spots!
So where will Clarence end up? Will Glenorchy hang in the 5?
Then who will win the Flag?
This week it looks like a Storm v Dockers GF for mine, that might change next week:D

Some interesting results today.
Storm by 3 pts despite having 7 less scoring shots than Burnie.
Devonport by 33 over Launy.
Lauderdale by 15 over Clar.
North Launy by 55 over Glen.
North Hob by 99 over Kingston.

So Clarence lose top spot & are in free fall. They play at West Park next week & are in real trouble.
Two games left & the final 5 is wide open as are all the finals spots!
So where will Clarence end up? Will Glenorchy hang in the 5?
Then who will win the Flag?
This week it looks like a Storm v Dockers GF for mine, that might change next week:D

Isn't it strange that Burnie could win the flag and are not even in the 5 with two matches remaining, amazing stuff. They may not get back in even if they do win both games if NL beat storm and Glenorchy beat City.

Clarence is an interesting case study on field and off field, Has a lot of it has to do with the massive importing of players outside the district?

It’s not so much the quality recruits e.g. James Charlesworth but the quantity of other recruits who seem to be getting favourable treatment to the local’s boys. Murmers are this is starting to cause tension.

Agree it the closet season in TSL version 2. Wishing Aaron Corneilus all the best in his recovery he can be proud of the Job he has done at Glenorchy I never expected them to be as competitive as they have been in 2014.

I hope you got your 10 on the Bombers, into $5 now, it's ludicrous that they were $17 before the Clarence game when they were favoured to win that and have now come in that much.

Clarence is an interesting case study on field and off field, Has a lot of it has to do with the massive importing of players outside the district?

It’s not so much the quality recruits e.g. James Charlesworth but the quantity of other recruits who seem to be getting favourable treatment to the local’s boys. Murmers are this is starting to cause tension.

Agree it the closet season in TSL version 2. Wishing Aaron Corneilus all the best in his recovery he can be proud of the Job he has done at Glenorchy I never expected them to be as competitive as they have been in 2014.

Just reading the story on Aaron Cornelius in the paper today. Geez thats an awful thing to happen to a young guy. He seems to have a good grip on things, but it would be tough on him, his family & footy mates.
Being involved in hospital & health areas, we see a lot (too many) Motor Vehicle accident patients in here. His injury seems more like that than a footy injury.
I hope he gets his health & physical ability back again. He seems like a capable guy. Whether he gets to play footy again or not, I hope he forges a rewarding career for himself.

Just reading the story on Aaron Cornelius in the paper today. Geez thats an awful thing to happen to a young guy. He seems to have a good grip on things, but it would be tough on him, his family & footy mates.
Being involved in hospital & health areas, we see a lot (too many) Motor Vehicle accident patients in here. His injury seems more like that than a footy injury.
I hope he gets his health & physical ability back again. He seems like a capable guy. Whether he gets to play footy again or not, I hope he forges a rewarding career for himself.

hard to say from such an early stage but not many players recover to where they once were in terms of physical peakness and ability after injuries like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isee in the paper that our TSL boss Shaun Young has blown the breatho with .132! Not a bad effort that!
Considering how they run football here, maybe they should put a breatho at the front door of TSL HQ in Argyle st:rolleyes:

Notice his lawyer been up to no good as well, domestic violence and stealing charges, got him a home court appearance though, wonder how Windy feels about that.

Had a good laugh this morning. 'Ground snub has Bombers fuming'. I mean really! Lauderdales ground is the worst in the competition. The grass is ok if it is low tide & not raining, the rest of it is pathetic. It is the worst ground in the TSL for amenities. No grandstand, no decent coaches facilities, tiny opposition change room which maybe two different clubs might have to share. If KGV cant get a home final, then what hope for the tip?
Give it a miss Windy, your making a fool of yourself. Or just trying the old Clarence trick of its 'them versus us'. :rolleyes:

Had a good laugh this morning. 'Ground snub has Bombers fuming'. I mean really! Lauderdales ground is the worst in the competition. The grass is ok if it is low tide & not raining, the rest of it is pathetic. It is the worst ground in the TSL for amenities. No grandstand, no decent coaches facilities, tiny opposition change room which maybe two different clubs might have to share. If KGV cant get a home final, then what hope for the tip?
Give it a miss Windy, your making a fool of yourself. Or just trying the old Clarence trick of its 'them versus us'. :rolleyes:

I actually disagree. I think all finals except the pre-lim and GF should be played at the highest placed teams home ground. The TSL is still in it's infant stages and i reckon Lauderdale should get a home final. IF they win enough games during the year to earn it, they should get it. I don't really care about seats and all that cr*p. It's local footy, not the AFL.

If it's good enough for them to play there every second week then why not a final? No one is shying away from the fact that the facilities are poor but what's the point of having 15,000 seats with no one sitting in them? Despite all the setbacks the ground has the people still go to it more than ANY other ground. The playing surface is as good as any as I have told you before, rain or no rain it has been in fantastic nick all year.

I actually disagree. I think all finals except the pre-lim and GF should be played at the highest placed teams home ground. The TSL is still in it's infant stages and i reckon Lauderdale should get a home final. IF they win enough games during the year to earn it, they should get it. I don't really care about seats and all that cr*p. It's local footy, not the AFL.

If it's good enough for them to play there every second week then why not a final? No one is shying away from the fact that the facilities are poor but what's the point of having 15,000 seats with no one sitting in them? Despite all the setbacks the ground has the people still go to it more than ANY other ground. The playing surface is as good as any as I have told you before, rain or no rain it has been in fantastic nick all year.

Fine, its all about opinion.
I just dont think they should be rewarded for playing on a dump. I think the TSL deserve better. It might actually encourage the club to either up grade (that wont happen as it is built at the high tide mark)) or relocate home games to Bellerive.
Western storm use Aurora along with North Launceston, why not 2 clubs play out of Bellerive?
Its not country footy anymore.

Fine, its all about opinion.
I just dont think they should be rewarded for playing on a dump. I think the TSL deserve better. It might actually encourage the club to either up grade (that wont happen as it is built at the high tide mark)) or relocate home games to Bellerive.
Western storm use Aurora along with North Launceston, why not 2 clubs play out of Bellerive?
Its not country footy anymore.

Would kill the club if it moved home matches to Bellerive, they get good crowds because it is local, people want to see Lauderdale playing at Lauderdale, I could pretty much guarantee if that happened the club would fall over within 12 months. The Storm are a new club therefore it didn't matter where there home ground would be as it was start from scratch anyway.

Would kill the club if it moved home matches to Bellerive, they get good crowds because it is local, people want to see Lauderdale playing at Lauderdale, I could pretty much guarantee if that happened the club would fall over within 12 months. The Storm are a new club therefore it didn't matter where there home ground would be as it was start from scratch anyway.

I know I've said it before, but I think Lauderdale have done a great job as a club. But that ground is just not up to standard.
I dont think Storm really had of an option but to play at Aurora. It would have been the best option for them anyway.

I know I've said it before, but I think Lauderdale have done a great job as a club. But that ground is just not up to standard.
I dont think Storm really had of an option but to play at Aurora. It would have been the best option for them anyway.

It isn't stopping the punters turning up though and that is the lifeblood of the competition, yes facilities for the opposition are well below par but if it's good enough for them to use week in week out then what difference does it make if it's a final or not?

It isn't stopping the punters turning up though and that is the lifeblood of the competition, yes facilities for the opposition are well below par but if it's good enough for them to use week in week out then what difference does it make if it's a final or not?

Well if you have 4 teams playing ( 2 seniors & two different ressies teams, it becomes a night mare in that pokey little visitors room, that would be worse on a wet, rainy day. You have almost no facilities for the spectators. I suppose the TSL bosses want the best grounds used. Any way its not my decision. ring Wadey, or pop into the bar & have a chat. He drinks their on the way home!

Well if you have 4 teams playing ( 2 seniors & two different ressies teams, it becomes a night mare in that pokey little visitors room, that would be worse on a wet, rainy day. You have almost no facilities for the spectators. I suppose the TSL bosses want the best grounds used. Any way its not my decision. ring Wadey, or pop into the bar & have a chat. He drinks their on the way home!

Yes I agree that would be a major issue, I haven't see Wadey at the Clubrooms for years, probably since he stopped playing super fools or his son finished playing there, more likely to see him in the pokies area of the Foreshore tavern.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back