Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:

tassie_footy

Rookie
Oct 24, 2009
Launceston
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Coaching
Glenorchy
Has Kim Excell been appointed for 2012?
North Launnie
Basically, what is going on up there. They have had 3 coaches in 3 years in SWL and soon to be 4 when they appoint a new one.

Who will coach the side in 2012?

Hobart
Who will coach Hobart?

North Hobart
Is Lance the man for 2012?

South Launceston
cameron thurly???

i wonder if adam smith, the merc's so called football reporter, will attend the tsl tribunal tonight in relation tothe incidents involving the north hobart players yesterday? no need to adam, that unprofessional rubbish you wrote in todays paper will go a long way to them getting a late start to season 2012. were you at the game? in no way do i condone caden wilsons actions toward the glenorchy player, but mate you could at least mention the fact that after wilson got rid of the ball the said glenorchy player jumped of the ground and launched himself into wilson with a head high shirt front. why was this not mentioned in your article?

on the allison brown scuffle, you should ask paul allison what was said to start it all. some things should not be said before, during or after a game.
police investigation? what a load of sensationalist crap.

i wonder if adam smith, the merc's so called football reporter, will attend the tsl tribunal tonight in relation tothe incidents involving the north hobart players yesterday? no need to adam, that unprofessional rubbish you wrote in todays paper will go a long way to them getting a late start to season 2012. were you at the game? in no way do i condone caden wilsons actions toward the glenorchy player, but mate you could at least mention the fact that after wilson got rid of the ball the said glenorchy player jumped of the ground and launched himself into wilson with a head high shirt front. why was this not mentioned in your article?

on the allison brown scuffle, you should ask paul allison what was said to start it all. some things should not be said before, during or after a game.

what happened between Allo and Brown, I think they showed some footage on the news? I am assuming Brown was chirping as he usually does. Reminds me of the day he played against the Tigers at the TCA and he was headbutting Sam Hall, Hall kept saying to him "do that again and I'll drop you" said it about 3/4 times, then Browny spat on him and Hally dropped him and stood over him and said "I told you I'd drop you" Hall apparently was heard to say later in the week it was the best 2 weeks he'd copped in his career, Brown obviously hasn't learnt anything and even worse still neither did Allo apparently if he retaliated to words? seriously that is all they are and Browny may wake up a bit sore today but he plays this week and that is all Brown is concerned about obviously, at whatever the cost? Players need to be smarter and if they don't like each other, just walk away and ignore each other, many more important things in life than to make a game only memorable for a post game punch up, childish really! Maybe Smith is just highlighting their stupidity:eek:

what happened between Allo and Brown, I think they showed some footage on the news? I am assuming Brown was chirping as he usually does. Reminds me of the day he played against the Tigers at the TCA and he was headbutting Sam Hall, Hall kept saying to him "do that again and I'll drop you" said it about 3/4 times, then Browny spat on him and Hally dropped him and stood over him and said "I told you I'd drop you" Hall apparently was heard to say later in the week it was the best 2 weeks he'd copped in his career, Brown obviously hasn't learnt anything and even worse still neither did Allo apparently if he retaliated to words? seriously that is all they are and Browny may wake up a bit sore today but he plays this week and that is all Brown is concerned about obviously, at whatever the cost? Players need to be smarter and if they don't like each other, just walk away and ignore each other, many more important things in life than to make a game only memorable for a post game punch up, childish really! Maybe Smith is just highlighting their stupidity:eek:

I was at the Anzac game last year supporting the tiges. I think you may have got that wrong champ! They were certainly pushing and niggling, but there was no headbutting!

What was said? Takes a bit of the spotlight off the roos poor showing thank god.

agee with most of your post dosa, except the highlited bit. some words cannot be said under any circumstances. the sherman & more recently the pettard & the west coast guys incidents shows the powers to be won't put up with it

Pity Alison and his team mates did not apply themselves at the football with the same intensity instead of being sucked in verbally by their ex-coach
They started the game as favourites but there second half was a very poor performance. And to carry after the siren very poor sportsmanship and a bad look for the game.
As for the Caden Wilson report, Adam Smith should just wait for the tribunal to be heard before passing judgement on any outcome …..but I forgot he is a News Limited employee

agee with most of your post dosa, except the highlited bit. some words cannot be said under any circumstances. the sherman & more recently the pettard & the west coast guys incidents shows the powers to be won't put up with it

Allison could be hear clearly in the second quarter giving it to his ex-coach. Just the norm, your a sook and a chirper, but then he went on to tell him he was a s**t coach and the worst coach he had had. Didn't hear what Brown said so that should be interesting but i guess if your going to make those statements loud and clearly you open yourself up to things back. Still poor to start crap at the end of the game and tarnish a send off for club stalwarts that were retiring.

Are you saying allo wasnt saying anything to Brown about being sacked as coach????

What was said? Takes a bit of the spotlight off the roos poor showing thank god.

I dont think so:). Whatever the results of investigation into the incidents on saturday I feel sorry for the likes of Kenny Hall who is obviously not 100% but puts in & shows discipline. I also feel sorry for Lance Spaulding. I think he is the man for the future but will have to make changes & look to the younger guys who have discipline or will learn it.
My selection was 0 from 2 so I'm obviously an expert:D. So next week I reckon it will be Launceston & Clarence to win at home. But my selections aint worth too much at moment:p

you have got to be kidding yourself idiot. if allison cant handle a bit of chirp from brown -- who is well known for his niggle -- he needs to grow a set. sh*t would have been going back and forward all day and yes some things shouldnt be said at all, and most of us wont be privvy to what was thrown around, but starting a fight AFTER the final siren once the umpires had left the field is a dog of an act.

Good work on the other glen and north players for dragging the two apart, it had the makings of something very messy if that didnt happen. kids were on the ground kicking the footy for god sake and all boofhead Allison wanted to do was punch on.

always knew he wasnt the sharpest tool in the shed, this just proves it.

you have got to be kidding yourself idiot. if allison cant handle a bit of chirp from brown -- who is well known for his niggle -- he needs to grow a set. sh*t would have been going back and forward all day and yes some things shouldnt be said at all, and most of us wont be privvy to what was thrown around, but starting a fight AFTER the final siren once the umpires had left the field is a dog of an act.

Good work on the other glen and north players for dragging the two apart, it had the makings of something very messy if that didnt happen. kids were on the ground kicking the footy for god sake and all boofhead Allison wanted to do was punch on.

always knew he wasnt the sharpest tool in the shed, this just proves it.

so sdog you know what was said do you? sounds like your a bit sensitive about criticism to adam smith too. you either are him, mates with him but most likely work with him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rocky, I totally support what Smith has said in the Mercury Today in regards to the Wilson incident. I WAS at the game and was sitting adjacent to the incident in the stands. All I can say is I went to the game, as a football follower and with no affiliation with either side. I took my wife and young boy (3yrs old) to the game, just to watch a good game of TSL footy on a beautiful day.

What we witnessed by Wilson was appalling in every aspect, the initial punches to Duggan were bad enough but the subsequent continual slamming of his head into the turf was not necessary and dare I say it, if this was out in society would lead to assault charges. You suggest that Duggan shirt fronted Wilson, I believe it was nothing more than a firm push.

My wife and son were shocked, and IMO Wilson should have the book thrown at him and not just the umpires but the police also. How do I explain to my son on the way home, when he talks about that "BAD" player shaking the other?? In years to come he will want to play footy, but how can I convince my wife that it is a safe sport when she is witness to this???

Shame on you Caden Wilson , and the TSL tribunal need to act accordingly.

Rocky, I totally support what Smith has said in the Mercury Today in regards to the Wilson incident. I WAS at the game and was sitting adjacent to the incident in the stands. All I can say is I went to the game, as a football follower and with no affiliation with either side. I took my wife and young boy (3yrs old) to the game, just to watch a good game of TSL footy on a beautiful day.

What we witnessed by Wilson was appalling in every aspect, the initial punches to Duggan were bad enough but the subsequent continual slamming of his head into the turf was not necessary and dare I say it, if this was out in society would lead to assault charges. You suggest that Duggan shirt fronted Wilson, I believe it was nothing more than a firm push.

My wife and son were shocked, and IMO Wilson should have the book thrown at him and not just the umpires but the police also. How do I explain to my son on the way home, when he talks about that "BAD" player shaking the other?? In years to come he will want to play footy, but how can I convince my wife that it is a safe sport when she is witness to this???

Shame on you Caden Wilson , and the TSL tribunal need to act accordingly.

thank you for the lecture crows 26. i suggest you read my post again, in particular the part about not condoning what wilson did.
as for the article it was flimsy & one dimensional. a real journo would have made mention of some spiteful incidents which occurred prior to the wilson/ duggan one. in particular that would be the brown elbow on nathan street two minutes earlier which seemed to spark some unsavoury moments to follow.
i admit these incidents can be upsetting to people, but honestly mate with no disrespect i think you should go home & slide into a bubble, do not turn on a tv, read a paper, listen to a radio or watch any contact sport & you will feel nice & safe.

so sdog you know what was said do you? sounds like your a bit sensitive about criticism to adam smith too. you either are him, mates with him but most likely work with him.

yes i am mates with him, no i dont know what was said but regardless, Allison shouldnt have reacted after the siren. point something out to the umpires when it said, or hit him then and there. didnt see the Gold Coast boys trying to level Sherman when they were shaking hands.

As for the wilson report, every week in the AFL they scrutinise the previous weekend, and talk about what penalty will be applied. Daisy Thomas' hit against Freo got airplay for 3 days straight before the tribunal made its decision. So pull your head in. Wilson's act was completely unnecessary, a complete brain snap and he was lucky he didnt get red carded and sent from the ground on the spot.

yes i am mates with him, no i dont know what was said but regardless, Allison shouldnt have reacted after the siren. point something out to the umpires when it said, or hit him then and there. didnt see the Gold Coast boys trying to level Sherman when they were shaking hands.

As for the wilson report, every week in the AFL they scrutinise the previous weekend, and talk about what penalty will be applied. Daisy Thomas' hit against Freo got airplay for 3 days straight before the tribunal made its decision. So pull your head in. Wilson's act was completely unnecessary, a complete brain snap and he was lucky he didnt get red carded and sent from the ground on the spot.

good point sdog, but what happens if something was said as they were about to shake hands? my info was based on that.
as for the wilson incident, feel free to highlight anything where i have said that in some way i condone what he did.
the wording of your post sounds like its come straight from the mercury's
how to write an article manual.

thank you for the lecture crows 26. i suggest you read my post again, in particular the part about not condoning what wilson did.
as for the article it was flimsy & one dimensional. a real journo would have made mention of some spiteful incidents which occurred prior to the wilson/ duggan one. in particular that would be the brown elbow on nathan street two minutes earlier which seemed to spark some unsavoury moments to follow.
i admit these incidents can be upsetting to people, but honestly mate with no disrespect i think you should go home & slide into a bubble, do not turn on a tv, read a paper, listen to a radio or watch any contact sport & you will feel nice & safe.

Rocky.....where did I have a go at you?? Apart from questioning your comment about Adam Smith's reporting. I believe he didn't need to report the other incidences as he was saying that in the context of the game at that point Nth were on top until a Caden Wilson brain snap.

My points weren't directed at you, but at Caden Wilson and the incident in general which was one of the worst I have seen in 2011. I agree he could and should of been red carded at the time.

As for living in a bubble, I am not one to normally complain about clashes at the footy, or even a couple of blokes going toe to toe, but I believe Wilson's acts were beyond this and were at the level of assault on another person.

Rocky.....where did I have a go at you?? Apart from questioning your comment about Adam Smith's reporting. I believe he didn't need to report the other incidences as he was saying that in the context of the game at that point Nth were on top until a Caden Wilson brain snap."

You need to actually have a brain for it to snap:D

Real tough stuff punching up an 18 year old kid.:thumbsdown:

Rocky.....where did I have a go at you?? Apart from questioning your comment about Adam Smith's reporting. I believe he didn't need to report the other incidences as he was saying that in the context of the game at that point Nth were on top until a Caden Wilson brain snap.

My points weren't directed at you, but at Caden Wilson and the incident in general which was one of the worst I have seen in 2011. I agree he could and should of been red carded at the time.

As for living in a bubble, I am not one to normally complain about clashes at the footy, or even a couple of blokes going toe to toe, but I believe Wilson's acts were beyond this and were at the level of assault on another person.

tom brennan?
got 3 weeks did wilson. tribunal must have thought it was pretty bad

good point sdog, but what happens if something was said as they were about to shake hands? my info was based on that.
as for the wilson incident, feel free to highlight anything where i have said that in some way i condone what he did.
the wording of your post sounds like its come straight from the mercury's
how to write an article manual.

Was talking to two north players yesterday, both said nothing was said after the siren and were embarrassed. But then went on to say i hope you guys smash this week, with Sav and Ja Ja Binks back we will!

3 weeks.......I take it he pleaded guilty then - any suspended weeks?? The worst I had seen, sorry I didn't see the Brennan incident.

would have to have pleaded guilty. from where i was at least two umpires had an unimpeded view of it. a bit lucky to get 3, general consensus was 5 or 6. not sure about any suspended weeks tho'

would have to have pleaded guilty. from where i was at least two umpires had an unimpeded view of it. a bit lucky to get 3, general consensus was 5 or 6. not sure about any suspended weeks tho'

Not sure where you are coming from then? If the journo saw the incident, surely he is entitled to his opinion and all journos in the AFL do also. Now your saying he should have got more. Weird!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back