Remove this Banner Ad

mr bagcroft

Norm Smith Medallist
May 19, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Sitting here it just me...
Is this still a thing.
I have heard nothing from anything or anyone re this year....

We obviously don't work at the same place Mr Bagcroft because I have been calling it out for weeks now.

During the WFH years, we had a few "new Australians" mistakenly work on that day. So I'm making sure everyone I work with knows.

I like to describe it as a "Meditation Day" to prepare your soul for "The Festival of the Boot".

If it's kept, it needs to be the Monday.

On the Friday when most of the visitors are in town, you don't want doors closed or reduced services due to paying double time and a half.

Have it Monday when most of the visitors have left and everyone is quietly recovering.

If it's kept, it needs to be the Monday.

On the Friday when most of the visitors are in town, you don't want doors closed or reduced services due to paying double time and a half.

Have it Monday when most of the visitors have left and everyone is quietly recovering.
and align with NSW/QLD/ACT Labour Day, and QLD Kings Birthday public holiday?

I remember when I lived and worked in South Gippsland. Melbourne had a public holiday for the Melbourne Cup but we didn't a 90 minute drive away.

I remember when I lived and worked in South Gippsland. Melbourne had a public holiday for the Melbourne Cup but we didn't a 90 minute drive away.
Was there a "local event" day you got instead?

I mention because going to school in Sale (Gippsland) in the 80's, we wouldn't get the public holiday* for Melbourne Show, but we would get a Friday off in October for the Sale Show.

* school holidays didn't overlap with Melbourne Show like they do today. Only 3 terms back then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back