Food, Drink & Dining Out Gluten free

Remove this Banner Ad

Just eliminate wheat all together, you will be much better off for the effort.

This is the best wheat free pizza base by a mile.

1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
¾ cup almond flour
2 tbs cream cheese
1 egg
Garlic salt

Just combine it all like a normal base and top it? Most gluten free pre packaged bases really need to be pre cooked first.

When making my own fried rice i use basmati rice which is great for gluten free.
I also avoid using pre packaged foods.

When i am out for dinner with my parents i will have grilled fish because it's something i know that i can eat.

I avoid take away foods because they are bad for my health.

Most burgers can be made at home and it would be all ingredients i can eat!

Thought I'd bump this thread.

I wasn't diagnosed with anything but I decided to do a test by only eliminating the gluten foods from my diet to see how I felt. I was actually trying to prove that gluten was fine, but after two weeks of no bread or pasta I felt pretty damn decent.

I tried to ween myself back onto bread and pasta but it felt like it was taking too long to get used to it again, plus I didn't like feeling sluggish and bloated so I just gave up and didn't bother having it anymore.

I don't necessarily think gluten is bad for everyone (despite out bodies not being able to process it properly), but looking at ingredients, nutritional info and the way it's made...there's not really much point in consuming it when you could replace it with vegetables.

I also don't bother with the gluten-free branded pseudo foods, so expensive!
You are right about price. Gluten free is like up market dining. It costs and costs to the point of making me ,anyway, sometimes feel its a bit dodgy , all this gluten intolerance.
I think avoidance of wheat is a good idea, and I wish there was some clarity on Oats. Once again nothing much to find out other than Australia is a no , Europe is a yes.
If you haven't tried the new Sanitarium Weet Bix do it. If you are gluten intolerant Sanitarium have opened a special gluten free environment factory producing exclusively gluten free Weet Bix , and they taste just like they used to , delicious , its been years since I've had a decent breakfast cereal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back