Go-To Chants For Disrupting Opposition Players - Let's Set The Trend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Psychochook

Team Captain
Sep 12, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Would love to get this off the ground....

At the St Kilda game, I was close enough to Membrey that, if there was just enough silence, I could have hit him with a ripper sledge while he lined up for a crucial 4th qtr goal.

As a collective, all we did was booooooo, which had no effect at all and, I believe, never would to a player these days.

Imagine if we all chanted together, "I like your old tatts better than your new tatts!"

His draft day tattoo was deplorable and he has since spent a lot of time and dollars to hide it. I wanted to let him know I could still see his old tattoo. That would've made his mind stray more than a boooooooo... and maybe he doesn't kick the goal.

So my question to you all is:

What chants are out there already for specific players, what are they and then, most importantly, how do we propose to both agree upon and then start implementing them on game days?

Chants cannot be offensive or attack socially aware topics like mental health, gender, race etc.

What do you say baggers?

Be quick, Tom "can't grow a beard" Lynch is lining up for goal.

Probably not a great idea to attempt to congregate online and think about ways to bully players/people in real life...

Probably not a great idea to attempt to congregate online and think about ways to bully players/people in real life...
Calm down Rambo, he never mentioned bullying people about anything, in fact it happens in a lot of sports. It can be fun if it's done right, ask the Barmy Army.

Calm down Rambo, he never mentioned bullying people about anything, in fact it happens in a lot of sports. It can be fun if it's done right, ask the Barmy Army.
Rambo? I wish

Nah just seems a bit wrong doesn't it? Or am I going crazy? "How can we upset a player so it affects his performance?". People boo in chorus, people yell in frustration, but to try an concoct a plan to affect the onfield performances of opposition players just seems...wrong.

Rambo? I wish

Nah just seems a bit wrong doesn't it? Or am I going crazy? "How can we upset a player so it affects his performance?". People boo in chorus, people yell in frustration, but to try an concoct a plan to affect the onfield performances of opposition players just seems...wrong.
I tend to agree with you mate but
index.jpeg

Still can't believe supporters boo opposition players

I mean, do they boo when they are watching on TV?
The Princess Bride Boo GIF by filmeditor

Still can't believe supporters boo opposition players

I mean, do they boo when they are watching on TV?

I still Boo Magpies from my window when I see them on my front lawn, I blame my dad and the strange things he had us doing as kids. I may have continued this tradition with my kids...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the St Kilda game, I was close enough to Membrey that, if there was just enough silence, I could have hit him with a ripper sledge while he lined up for a crucial 4th qtr goal.

As a collective, all we did was booooooo, which had no effect at all and, I believe, never would to a player these days.

Imagine if we all chanted together, "I like your old tatts better than your new tatts!"

His draft day tattoo was deplorable and he has since spent a lot of time and dollars to hide it. I wanted to let him know I could still see his old tattoo. That would've made his mind stray more than a boooooooo... and maybe he doesn't kick the goal.

What chants are out there already for specific players, what are they and then, most importantly, how do we propose to both agree upon and then start implementing them on game days?

Chants cannot be offensive or attack socially aware topics like mental health, gender, race etc.

What do you say baggers?

Not aimed at another team but did hear a Blues player at training ask Angwin before having his kick "Have you got my wallet"?

Last edited:

What do you say baggers?

1657785362224.png

What do you say baggers?

I …

What?

Miss miss cockees p1ss

This is the one that stands out for me from my childhood and also the banner that used to hang at princes park saying 'This mob couldn't beat us in a month of Sundays'. Chewy on your boot was another popular one as has already been posted

Last edited:

What do you say baggers?

That little skunk from Collingwood ducks into a high tackle, gives away a free kick or lines up for goal...

"YOU'RE GOING HOME IN THE BACK OF A GINNIVAN!"

clap, clap, clap-clap-clap, clap-clap-clap-clap, clap-clap

Remove this Banner Ad

Back