Goulburn Valley FL 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m here to make you happy,can absolutely guarantee you it won’t be “his last game in the Murray Bombers colours “.
Well if thats the case Marvin thats fine. And hey don't get me wrong, it's nowhere near personal for me, I have no dog in the fight here. It's a much better spectacle for the fans if teams get these gun players in for their respective finals campaigns...and better for the teams too 😉. But unless I'm missing something, reading the "black and white " provided by our good friend "Tysonic" (10 yr club delegate 😉), it would appear that he doesn't meet the "games" criteria and now with the reserves bowing out, can't use the "3 teams on the same day" pass .

Gus cannot play in any other finals now. I think Echuca will more than cover that with the possible inclusions of Valentine, Walker and B Reid. If I was an opponent I think I'd be more worried about those three lobbing back into a side that seems 5-6 goals better than any current team.
Could be 1 Byrne in and 1 out. Hugh for Gus

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why did they shift it? Maybe it could have been on the Friday before the afl instead of the Sunday after, it was a tradition to have it as the last grand final in the state
The day after the AFL Grand Final was a great tradition. Used to get many metro clubs on footy trips dropping in. No idea why the shifted it.

Bloody lucky Echuca were wasteful around goal. A bit more accuracy and that might have been really ugly!

The Cats currently leading the Pies. Be interesting moving forward if Mooroopna win.
Did notice the poor accuracy by Echuca, spot on, could have looked much worse.

Fortunate enough to watch all three games either live or streamed.

Take aways;

Is Echuca’s to loose (nothing new there, sorry).

GV footy is far superior to that of the Murray & Bendigo Leagues. Yes the standard has has slipped, but having watched some top end Murray & Bendigo teams this year, it’s still better footy.

The live stream quality was impressive. The commentary from the “boys club” Saturday evening, not so. Will cop flak about them giving up their time etc, but there was too much theatrical banter. You’re not BT, fellas.

The three reserves games were also played at good standard. Sure does drop away outside the top six though.

Euroa weren’t switched on early. Trotter & Giobbi (both) mouthing off to the crowd made it look like their heads weren’t in the game. How wrong was I?
Their last half of the final quarter was as pure footy as you watch.

Does Mooroopna get enough out of Lamont? (Controversial one here). Understand he does huge amounts behind the scenes, but have never been impressed by his addresses, when he has such a quality list. Too much of the motivational stuff, when tactical direction would have served them better.

Fortunate enough to watch all three games either live or streamed.

Take aways;

Is Echuca’s to loose (nothing new there, sorry).

GV footy is far superior to that of the Murray & Bendigo Leagues. Yes the standard has has slipped, but having watched some top end Murray & Bendigo teams this year, it’s still better footy.

The live stream quality was impressive. The commentary from the “boys club” Saturday evening, not so. Will cop flak about them giving up their time etc, but there was too much theatrical banter. You’re not BT, fellas.

The three reserves games were also played at good standard. Sure does drop away outside the top six though.

Euroa weren’t switched on early. Trotter & Giobbi (both) mouthing off to the crowd made it look like their heads weren’t in the game. How wrong was I?
Their last half of the final quarter was as pure footy as you watch.

Does Mooroopna get enough out of Lamont? (Controversial one here). Understand he does huge amounts behind the scenes, but have never been impressed by his addresses, when he has such a quality list. Too much of the motivational stuff, when tactical direction would have served them better.

Lamont has turned their senior football program around. Unquestionably.
They get plenty out of Lamont and the guy works harder than any coach at country level.

I agree on his address’ at times. Cracks the whip too hard at times, which can sometimes get players too amped up when they just need clarity. But that’s all very subjective.

Bear in mind, as much as coaches get judged for their quarter time addresses as that is what the public sees.. it’s a very, very small part of coaching.

Also.. Perhaps he doesn’t have to talk much tactics during the game because the players know the game plan inside out. Especially in September.

He’s the best coach in the GV IMO.
(Just not good enough for inter league 😂)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back