Goulburn Valley FL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Folks talking about Mooroopna being a challenger this year. Haven't won a flag since 1986. Brave in their loss to Echuca last week. Euroa have challenged but their last was in 1990. Rochester's last Flag was 2008 and all three obviously having a crack this year ... Who of the three (exluding the others) are most likely to challenge the might of Ech
Mooroopna has the game to match Echuca and Euroa perhaps has the talent. Outside of that, I'm not sure. Perhaps a full-strength Rochy or Bears are next in line?

Echuca will win by 8 goals, they've got more than enough to cover the losses. If they combined their best 2nds and 3rds players, they'd make the 6 this year in the seniors

Spot on prediction here mate. Scary win with all the outs mentioned in above posts. Might be up to a full strength Rochy to make sure Echuca suffer a loss this season. That’s also a big IF with their health as well.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spot on prediction here mate. Scary win with all the outs mentioned in above posts. Might be up to a full strength Rochy to make sure Echuca suffer a loss this season. That’s also a big IF with their health as well.

I just don’t see anyone beating them. Season over!!

Had refrained from commenting on the Tigers so far, and after the first month of footy am no further ahead in terms of where they are at.

Against Benalla in Round 1 they were impressive against an opposition with less talent. Applied huge pressure and forward entries were sharp.

Looked the goods for two and a half quarters against an undermanned Kyabram. Work rate dropped off, Ky's class and Lachie Smith came to the fore.

Outworked and outclassed last week against Shepparton. Shepparton's ball movement superb.

Today's game against Tatura would have to be one of the worst games of GV footy I've watched. Can't put a finger on why.

• both teams have class.
  • pressure wasn't high all day.
  • conditions were perfect.
  • fundamental skill areas all day.
  • terrible skill errors in front of goal.

On a side note, the umpiring (both ways), left a lot to be desired. Poor calls, confusion between umpires, calls being made that weren't there, but were "AFL minded" (sling tackles, contact below the knees), one umpire with a non working whistle.

It makes a mockery of the coaching ear pieces umpires wear, which looks to cause them confusion.

Not bashing umpires, this is simply an observation.

Rochy couldn't beat ky who had 5
Regulars missing

Had refrained from commenting on the Tigers so far, and after the first month of footy am no further ahead in terms of where they are at.

Against Benalla in Round 1 they were impressive against an opposition with less talent. Applied huge pressure and forward entries were sharp.

Looked the goods for two and a half quarters against an undermanned Kyabram. Work rate dropped off, Ky's class and Lachie Smith came to the fore.

Outworked and outclassed last week against Shepparton. Shepparton's ball movement superb.

Today's game against Tatura would have to be one of the worst games of GV footy I've watched. Can't put a finger on why.

• both teams have class.
  • pressure wasn't high all day.
  • conditions were perfect.
  • fundamental skill areas all day.
  • terrible skill errors in front of goal.

On a side note, the umpiring (both ways), left a lot to be desired. Poor calls, confusion between umpires, calls being made that weren't there, but were "AFL minded" (sling tackles, contact below the knees), one umpire with a non working whistle.

It makes a mockery of the coaching ear pieces umpires wear, which looks to cause them confusion.

Not bashing umpires, this is simply an observation.
That's a great summary of the game. Both of those teams will be cellar dwellers this season.

Rochy couldn't beat ky who had 5
Regulars missing
No Atleys, Wren etc ... anyway injuries are what they are so they cancel each other out. Kyabram got home on the back of a Lachie Smith special.

Watched Rochy and Tatura today. Agree with Passenger. First game I have managed to get to but it was a hard watch I must say! Not sure about game styles and what they were attempting but clearly not functioning well for either team today. Rochys' goal kicking was appalling and they would need to improve significantly before challenging the likes of Echuca.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back