Status
Not open for further replies.

McCleanMagic

Team Captain
Feb 28, 2007
Western Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Was just wanting to know how sonny was going at the western? have heard that about 8 senior players have left or either retired? Has he picked anyone up apart from tex? wish him all the luck!!

MightyRoar

Club Legend
Dec 15, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Was just wanting to know how sonny was going at the western? have heard that about 8 senior players have left or either retired? Has he picked anyone up apart from tex? wish him all the luck!!

Yeah Sonny is going alright out at the Western, has implemented a few new things, ie; training drills, plans etc than what people have been used to over the past few years, so a new coach has injected a bit of enthusiasm into the club (this is no disrespect to Hurls either who did a great job in his time at the helm of the club). Numbers at training before the crissy break were good, a few new faces, wont mention any names at this stage but Tex is the only signing atm that I can confirm!! Training starts back tonite so will be intereseting to see how many show up for the first nite back after the festive period!!
Regardless of the negative feedback that myself and others at the club have received, Sonny is doing a great job so far and the club is extremely happy with his appointment and the feeling around the club has been fantastic!!

As for those who have left the club, I only know of 4 at this stage (including 1 retirement) which include;

Shane Field - Stawell Wa###rs
Ross Panther - Geelong Area
Tim Kenyon - Woop woop where-ever he has gone
Shaun Hurly - Retirement.........................well at this stage!!

McCleanMagic

Team Captain
Feb 28, 2007
Western Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Well thats good to hear that too many players arent leaving! Well atleast you got to of the three from taty. good luuck with your other potential players!

Grimhawka

Draftee
Apr 1, 2007
close
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Re: Great western

So coaches for the 2009 season at Great Western? And are they guuna be able to use their ground this year do ya think?

New skip 08

All Australian
Jun 18, 2008
ararat
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne storm

So coaches for the 2009 season at Great Western? And are they guuna be able to use their ground this year do ya think?

At one stage there i heard that Dale bligh was going to coach out there, any truth to that. but i wouldn't think the rats would let him go

Jun 4, 2007
Yeppoon
AFL Club
Geelong

Is there any chance they'll go further afield than the local area, or did Mooney a few years back frighten them off that idea for ever?

MightyRoar

Club Legend
Dec 15, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood

Is there any chance they'll go further afield than the local area, or did Mooney a few years back frighten them off that idea for ever?

I don't think that they have been frightened off by the Mooney sarga, however I think that they would be more selective due 2 wat occurred a few years ago with him!! Dale Hurley is taking the job on again this year and in regards to Dale Bligh coaching......I'm not sure if he would come their as a coach, however he has always said that he would finish his career off at Great Western!! I think you would find that the rats wouldn't stand in his way either as he has been a great servant of the club over the years and they would be respective of any decision he makes!!

New skip 08

All Australian
Jun 18, 2008
ararat
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne storm

I don't think that they have been frightened off by the Mooney sarga, however I think that they would be more selective due 2 wat occurred a few years ago with him!! Dale Hurley is taking the job on again this year and in regards to Dale Bligh coaching......I'm not sure if he would come their as a coach, however he has always said that he would finish his career off at Great Western!! I think you would find that the rats wouldn't stand in his way either as he has been a great servant of the club over the years and they would be respective of any decision he makes!!

Yeah but if he did go you would think they would put a bit of a fight up considering how much experiance he's got and what he could offer to the young team of seniors coming through, but thats only if he did go but that won't happen

moose47

Team Captain
Dec 31, 2008
Wimmera
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manangatang 3rds

Rd 1 vs Natimuk???

Still no scores online!!

There on now, but it is s**t how long it took. I don't know were the fault lies, if it be home club secretary, league admin or sportingpulse? With all round 2 games being played on Sunday, I hope the results don't take as long as round one sunday matches. Although, it may give us an idea, where/who stuffed up in round one.

moose47

Team Captain
Dec 31, 2008
Wimmera
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manangatang 3rds
Yeah i know it is a new system, but hopefully the coverage improves soon.. No game have goal kickers or best players listed either??

Click on 'Detailed Results' to the right of the scores and you get quarter by quarter scores, best players and goalkickers. Also from there click on 'selected team' below team name you get the team sheet, which is available before the game.

moose47

Team Captain
Dec 31, 2008
Wimmera
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manangatang 3rds
Click on 'Detailed Results' to the right of the scores and you get quarter by quarter scores, best players and goalkickers. Also from there click on 'selected team' below team name you get the team sheet, which is available before the game.
PS. I have just found out that you must be a member a "My Footy Web" member to get access to this (which I am so I didn't realise it wasn't for everyone). So become a My Footy Web Member, it's free, no hasles. You get a lot more out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back