GRFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Who have they signed?
Mercadante & Forder from Huntly
Laing Whinfield back from Cowra
Johnny Dawes from St Bedes
Josh Macpherson & Oscar Don UTS Sydney (apparently 🤷‍♂️)
I know they chased (are chasing) Lachie Tranter and a couple of others from Dunolly as well

I know they chased (are chasing) Lachie Tranter and a couple of others from Dunolly as well
Whinfield is moving home after being away at Uni. Son of the president and a family that do a huge amount for the club. He wouldn’t be asking for much if anything. 1 of the Huntly boys if not both played a lot of seconds footy in a club that didn’t win many games so you would hope they aren’t on much.

They announced Koby Gibson & Damian Kitchingman today as well

1702202667648.jpeg

Do you think Ultima have recruited well enough to win it all this year? They already have a solid foundation, but lacked that A grade talent in the 23' Grand Final. Perhaps Zac Cattlin could be utilised through the midfield much more, him being a left footer would add another layer to their midfield.

I think Ultima would greatly benefit from the explosiveness of a Mitch Makepeace to pinch hit through the middle at times. Might add another layer. Perhaps a Kade Benfield might be able to take the leap this year and be presence further up the ground. Interesting stuff but I see Hay and Ultima matching up again in this years decider. Don’t touch that dial.

Will Clark, Dom Booth and Luke Arandt all leaving Hay for the upcoming season. Clark has gone back to his home club in Ballarat and Booth and Arandt have both relocated to Cairns I believe. Have heard they have signed Sydney Swans VFL Captain Will Collis. He will play whenever Sydney have a bye travelling down with good friend Joel Crocker who could be at the lions full time this season.

With clubs struggling to get players and clubs dwindling, with the league in possible coming to a close

In hoota style, who's the top 10 to have played in the golden rivers

Harvey
Hope
Parker
Ferguson
Henry
Smith des
Free
Bowden
Clough

To name a few

(Log in to remove this ad.)