Growing concerns that the new Perth Stadium threatens WA football

Remove this Banner Ad

Dont panic i got some stats to mull over.

In 1986 when the WCE were formed the population of Perth was 1,050,100

In 1994 when the Dockers were formed the population of Perth was 1,238,800

In 2015 the population of Perth is as off March 2015 over 2,000,000

In 2020 the population of Perth is projected to be around 2,5000,000

In 2020 the population of Perth is projected to be around 2,5000,000

in 1987 there were 1 million aussie rules fanatics.

in 2050 there will be 1.1 million aussie rules fanatics and 1.5 million soccer loving emigrants. we will do well to stop soccer being the top sport let alone find enough members for a third club.

Based on what? Nothing at all

2 million doesn't get divided equally amongst 3 teams. .

What ... anything can be divided ..you serious o_O

Based on what? Nothing at all

2 million doesn't get divided equally amongst 3 teams. The Eagles and Dockers don't have a million potential fans each.

How many years has it taken the Dockers to become financially stable? that was with just one other team and supposedly with the backing of one of the traditional footballing areas in Fremantle. How long do you think is going to take a 3rd team to do the same without even that bonus?

The sooner you wrap your head around this the sooner you'll understand why a 3rd team will struggle.

Shout all you want. Loudness doesn't mask the failure of your rationale.

A 3rd team will have all the usual fear of failure, detroying WA football, a basket case, bleeding funds from the WAFC and AFL etc etc etc every new team does and of course the usual bleating from fans of other clubs in the state.

please go on
I really shouldn't have to, just read your own post again.

Just because there's a lot of people there doesn't equal bringing in another team.

What makes you think that all these people would go support this 3rd WA team instead of the Dockers/Eagles? Nothing.

What's your solution? Nope Dockers and Eagles are membership lists are full you are now a member of *3rd WA team*, bad luck.

This isn't even going into diluting the talent pool by adding another team to the league, 18 teams is enough.

in 1987 there were 1 million aussie rules fanatics.

in 2050 there will be 1.1 million aussie rules fanatics and 1.5 million soccer loving emigrants. we will do well to stop soccer being the top sport let alone find enough members for a third club.

Please provide stats to back that nonsense up, as has been the case over 150 years migrants have taken to our game, our country is based on immigration.

That excuse is just a huge crock of crap.

Thousands of migrants, 1st, 2nd,3rd and fourth generation migrants are involved in every facet of football.

I really shouldn't have to, just read your own post again.

Just because there's a lot of people there doesn't equal bringing in another team.

What makes you think that all these people would go support this 3rd WA team instead of the Dockers/Eagles? Nothing.

What's your solution? Nope Dockers and Eagles are membership lists are full you are now a member of *3rd WA team*, bad luck.

This isn't even going into diluting the talent pool by adding another team to the league, 18 teams is enough.

You misunderstand and obviously just put your own spin on it, i never said 18 teams is not enough, i never suggested there was enough talent for 20 teams or even 18.

hey, can we keep this thread on track here? go pipe dream about third clubs in another thread.

this is supposed to be about the eminent closure of the wafc, and maybe leading into suggestions how WA should fund its local football now that the WAFC golden egg is about to be turned into a brekky roll.

how do the victorians / nsw / qlders fund their local footy?

hey, can we keep this thread on track here? go pipe dream about third clubs in another thread.

this is supposed to be about the eminent closure of the wafc, and maybe leading into suggestions how WA should fund its local football now that the WAFC golden egg is about to be turned into a brekky roll.

how do the victorians / nsw / qlders fund their local footy?

It is quite relevant to the future viability of the stadium IMO, a third team adds so much, more local jobs, more footy tourism with 2 games every 2nd weekend, more WA boys staying home and potentially more funding to grassroots, WAFL alignments etc etc

It is quite relevant to the future viability of the stadium IMO, a third team adds so much, more local jobs, more footy tourism with 2 games every 2nd weekend, more WA boys staying home and potentially more funding to grassroots, WAFL alignments etc etc

viability of the stadium has zero to do with the revenue streams of the WAFC.

you are completely missing the point

What ... anything can be divided ..you serious o_O

A 3rd team will have all the usual fear of failure, detroying WA football, a basket case, bleeding funds from the WAFC and AFL etc etc etc every new team does and of course the usual bleating from fans of other clubs in the state.

You're an idiot if you don't comprehend why 2 million people cant be divided EQUALLY amongst 3 teams.

But believe whatever delusions you want.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it is so gracious of Eagles fans to knock the possibility of a 3rd WA team on the head, WCE membership is handed down like a family heirloom, if you are in you are in, i guess in that situation it is very easy to deny another possible 50,000 people membership. ( probably more )

The membership is full of middle aged fuddy duddies and the lowest child membership rates in the AFL, that's the way they like it.

I think it is so gracious of Eagles fans to knock the possibility of a 3rd WA team on the head, WCE membership is handed down like a family heirloom, if you are in you are in, i guess in that situation it is very easy to deny another possible 50,000 people membership. ( probably more )

The membership is full of middle aged fuddy duddies and the lowest child membership rates in the AFL, that's the way they like it.

you done yet?

i would really like to discuss the future of the wafc in this thread.

like actually get some ideas flowing on how wa should fund junior football beyond 2018

you done yet?

i would really like to discuss the future of the wafc in this thread.

like really truely get some ideas flowing on how wa should fund junior football beyond 2018

The WAFC is completely self serving, of course i don't blame them for that and FWIW they do a great job with local junior football etc but i reckon you will find they sought to keep the new stadium capacity smaller to keep membership prices high and waiting lists long.

The WAFC is completely self serving, of course i don't blame them for that and FWIW they do a great job with local junior football etc but i reckon you will find they sought to keep the new stadium capacity smaller to keep membership prices high and waiting lists long.

is there a facepalm icon here?

they wont be doing any kind of job with junior football once their revenue stream completely disappears in 2018. nada. zilch. virtually bankrupt.

are you even trying to keep up with the theme of this thread? do me a favour. go read it again from page 1.

slowly.
and.
carefully.

this thread would have been so much better left on the main board where i found it and a variety of people might actually read it....

i guess its not that big of an issue.

is there a facepalm icon here?

they wont be doing any kind of job with junior football once their revenue stream completely disappears in 2018. nada. zilch. virtually bankrupt.

are you even trying to keep up with the theme of this thread? do me a favour. go read it again from page 1.

slowly.
and.
carefully.

Considering the stadium is nada, zilch, zero without the AFL i find it highly unlikely, it is just grandstanding to get a better deal, in fact it would not suprise if a arm of the WAFC gets the catering etc rights.

Delaware North

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/wa/a/26326408/footy-bid-to-run-stadiums/

Considering the stadium is nada, zilch, zero without the AFL i find it highly unlikely, it is just grandstanding to get a better deal, in fact it would not suprise if a arm of the WAFC gets the catering etc rights.

Delaware North

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/wa/a/26326408/footy-bid-to-run-stadiums/

so no, you arent going to re read the thread and try and understand the magnitude of the wafc losing outright ownership / landlord status of the main stadium in perth and becoming just another (albeit highly regarded) tenant and potentially a management agency on behalf of the owners (the government)... with the government taking all the profits that the wafc USED to spend on local football.

A catering deal might keep the wafc office open and buy some footballs. the wafc is set to lose literally tens of millions per year in revenues and add rental fees of the new ground for 2 football clubs to its outgoings.

you know what, never mind...

so no, you arent going to re read the thread and try and understand the magnitude of the wafc losing outright ownership / landlord status of the main stadium in perth and becoming just another (albeit highly regarded) tenant and potentially a management agency on behalf of the owners (the government)... with the government taking all the profits that the wafc USED to spend on local football.

A catering deal might keep the wafc office open and buy some footballs. the wafc is set to lose literally tens of millions per year in revenues and add rental fees of the new ground for 2 football clubs to its outgoings.

I think you are being a tad melodramatic, FWIW they never owned subi unlike the VFL and SANFL, in fact even the ACTAFL owned there own ground at one stage.

Perhaps just perhaps we look at making the pie bigger and not such a closed shop !!

The WAFC never had outright ownership, that is held by the City of Subiaco. They did manage and pay 3/10ths of bugger all rent for it though and that lease isn't due to expire for a while.

You should be discussing the future of the WAFC in its proper forum then. This thread is about the stadium.

Then why didnt you move it to the stadiums board?

Ill quote the first few lines of the OP FYI

There are growing concerns from those involved in WA football that the new Perth stadium could threaten the future of WA football. Their concerns are around a new stadium deal that could see a reduction in the returns the WAFC receives from the existing deal at subiaco oval. The WAFC is responsible for managing and developing football within the state.

OP started this thread to talk about the way the new stadium impacts the future of the wafc.

On the main board, because its like important.

but whatever you want

Remove this Banner Ad

Back