Growth of AFL support In NSW

Most of their fans aren’t Qlders? Strange is one word.

Thinking a bit more about it, maybe they've got a big following in the NT? After all they've been building links, have gotten concessions up that way, and played a fair bit against the NT team in the old QAFL/NEAFL? But there's just not enough people up there to compare to the numbers at the actual Coast. Very strange.

Maybe they're counting anyone who said they support Tasmania as a vote for the Suns in a sign of foreshadowing. :p

Thinking a bit more about it, maybe they've got a big following in the NT? After all they've been building links, have gotten concessions up that way, and played a fair bit against the NT team in the old QAFL/NEAFL? But there's just not enough people up there to compare to the numbers at the actual Coast. Very strange.

Maybe they're counting anyone who said they support Tasmania as a vote for the Suns in a sign of foreshadowing. :p

It’s very damaging to them.

I mean at least with the Giants the vast majority are in the same state, like every club bar 1.

Our problem is that 50% of the state already care about a non NSW club.
Which is Interesting when you think about the push for a Tassie team.

It’s very damaging to them.

I mean at least with the Giants the vast majority are in the same state, like every club bar 1.

Our problem is that 50% of the state already care about a non NSW club.
Which is Interesting when you think about the push for a Tassie team.
The afl needs to come up with a way to encourage kids playing auskick to support as much as possible gws or the swans. My 8 year old is now a big giants fan, after going to the game vs west coast about 6 weeks ago. He prefers giants to swans, that is how kids minds work.

The afl needs to come up with a way to encourage kids playing auskick to support as much as possible gws or the swans. My 8 year old is now a big giants fan, after going to the game vs west coast about 6 weeks ago. He prefers giants to swans, that is how kids minds work.

I think it has been said many a time that at grassroots level the parents wear VFL club gear while the kids are decked out in Orange and charcoal. We just have to be patient.

I think it has been said many a time that at grassroots level the parents wear VFL club gear while the kids are decked out in Orange and charcoal. We just have to be patient.
I agree, but it would be faster if all the people from sa/wa/Vic who move here to work in sydney encouraged their kids to support a local team. I can think of about 10 people at work who are in that boat, they all carry on about the start up draft picks, academies etc and want their kids to support a non nsw team

I agree, but it would be faster if all the people from sa/wa/Vic who move here to work in sydney encouraged their kids to support a local team. I can think of about 10 people at work who are in that boat, they all carry on about the start up draft picks, academies etc and want their kids to support a non nsw team

100% if we had the local conversion, that Tassie is saying it would get, we would fill a 35k Giants stadium. Unfortunately not and it’s up to our youth.

Back