Hdfl U/17

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pimpinio are a very underated side.. have quality players like Pat Barber, Kyle Dumesny, Billy Bennett and Jason Willis.. if those four fire can be a competitive side

can anyone tell me why the great western juniors lost so many players and there 17 team struggling to keep the final margin under 100 points.

What an effort last weekend by swifts play corey cunliff to kick 18 goals in a game of footy lol i know it doesn't rate much compared to Adam chisholms heights but it still takes a fair effort to kick that amount of goals so good effort.

Problem with HDFL juniors is that it is too lop sided with the top 3-4 easily 100 points better than the bottom sides ala Gt Western, TL & Nati.
This is beacuse the comp should be U13 & U16. It was a poor and selfish move by the HDFL to change it the other year. If you are 17 and good enough you can easily play district seniors, breeze it in the ressies and then there wont be a numbers problem or half the teams having blokes play two matches all the time.
Get it right HDFL and change back to U13 & U16 and dont be so sooky and scared that players kept going to Wimmera league as it happend vice versa as well.
It is about keeping kids in footy in the Wimmera 'region' not which league they play for. Many juniors are playing 36-40 games a year most will be burnt out by the time they are 21 and sick of footy so they are lost for good. Get real HDFL

Problem with HDFL juniors is that it is too lop sided with the top 3-4 easily 100 points better than the bottom sides ala Gt Western, TL & Nati.
This is beacuse the comp should be U13 & U16. It was a poor and selfish move by the HDFL to change it the other year. If you are 17 and good enough you can easily play district seniors, breeze it in the ressies and then there wont be a numbers problem or half the teams having blokes play two matches all the time.
Get it right HDFL and change back to U13 & U16 and dont be so sooky and scared that players kept going to Wimmera league as it happend vice versa as well.
It is about keeping kids in footy in the Wimmera 'region' not which league they play for. Many juniors are playing 36-40 games a year most will be burnt out by the time they are 21 and sick of footy so they are lost for good. Get real HDFL

I think you exagerate ...two full games every week.NO And the age groups as they are now, keep more kids playing football!!!

it was great when corey kicked 18 off 1 leg to bad his been injured half the year struggling... i think its a record in the under 17's i no chizzo holds the under 16 record but i think its a record in the under 17's

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it was great when corey kicked 18 off 1 leg to bad his been injured half the year struggling... i think its a record in the under 17's i no chizzo holds the under 16 record but i think its a record in the under 17's

Yeah it was a great effort nd good on him for holding the record how many shots at goal did he end up having

Anyone know of any recruits or want to make a pre-season prediction of the ladder? I haven't heard anything as yet from any side!

Ladder for U/17s

Harrow/Balmoral
Laharum
Kalkee
Edenhope/Apsley
Pimpinio
N/Q
Rupanyup
Great Western
Swifts
Natimuk
Taylors Lake

Anyone know of any recruits or want to make a pre-season prediction of the ladder? I haven't heard anything as yet from any side!

no predictiojn for ladder but spud schaper will win the league b n f by far. best junior player out ther. held his side up last year with little help due to injuries. look out for spud. especially ugly girls ha

no predictiojn for ladder but spud schaper will win the league b n f by far. best junior player out ther. held his side up last year with little help due to injuries. look out for spud. especially ugly girls ha

Which club is he at? Best Junior out there should be looking to play seniors!

Great Western to start the long journey of pre season training 2moz nite (3rd), numbers looking good so far so hopefully a rise up the ladder is on the cards :)!!!
How r all the other sides looking 4 season '09'??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back