Veteran 10k Posts
Jun 26, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
OK, this should be pretty epic.

Rules:
- Anyone is free to enter.

- Matches are best of 3 standard HU SNGs on PokerStars.

- Matches can be played for any amount agreed upon by the 2 players involved. If the players disagree on the amount, the lower proposed amount is to be used.

- The amount can change from match to match, but is irrelevant to the overall standings. I.e. Me beating donk1 in a $100 SNG is worth exactly the same as me beating donk2 in a $2 SNG.

- Players can choose to play any game they like. If they can't agree on a game, the default game is NL Hold 'Em.

- Sidebets or pools are welcome, and can be escrowed with myself or another mod (mods have their personal details including ph# stored on this site, so are unlikely to do a runner).

- Matches should be played within 72 hours of being scheduled, but if you need to postpone that's fine, as long as you let your opponent or me know.

- First round of match-ups is done randomly. After that, I will try to match up players with a similar number of losses. Once you lose a certain number of matches, you're eliminated. I'll announce what that number is once we finish sign-ups.

If you have any questions, just ask, otherwise an "in" will suffice.

Confirmed Donks
mdc
Cartman121
paxmaniac
Drummer_19
ashley12
ppg05
sante
smiddaz123
gizmo01
BarcaRulz
Paul`
coughs2richo
SnappyHappy
Vegas 15
red+black
Preth

• Banned
I think though that a set buy-in should be put in place or at least a range.

I kept it open to encourage as many as possible to join. If I made it even $5 min per match, that's already going to be more than some people can afford. And I don't really see a point to capping it on the high side either.

For those guys willing to gamble, we'll do a last-longest pool. Not sure who'd be up for that, but I'm up for however much.

Perhaps a bracket system would also work.

It would, but that means less matches, and we'd need an even number like 8, 16, 32 etc...which might be hard. If people prefer a knock-out bracket, we can certainly do that though.

Confirmed list so far....

MDC
Cartman121
Paxmaniac
Drummer_19
ashley12
ppg_05
sante
smiddazz123

Thats 8... not sure how many MDC had in mind but anyway, for future reference it might be good for all of us to fill out a little thing something like this....

BIGFOOTY NAME: Ashley12
POKERSTARS HANDLE: #1 Man U Fan
PREFERED TIME: No girlfriend so anytime suits, though usually working Wed-Fri evenings and some weekends about 6pm AEST till about 2am AEST for my job. Weekends and probably Monday's and Wednesday mornings are best.
PREFERED STAKES: Up to an including something resembling $25 a match...

I also fail in the world of heads up. But of course I'm in lol, I think though that a set buy-in should be put in place or at least a range. Perhaps a bracket system would also work.

Nah, we don't want to discourage people who have small bankrolls or who suck at HU and want to use this to improve. I'm just as happy to play $1 matches as $20 or more.

Well a set buyin could always be between $2 - $10 I didn't mean it had to be some extrordinary amount. Just seems a little silly where you could have people having a $25 dollar match as asposed to a pairing having a $2 dollar game, It could easily effect the way people play in their matches. I'm all for having everyone and anyone willing to come in, I don't mind playing $2 SNG's against everyone since the money is really secondary and we're only playing for pride I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well a set buyin could always be between $2 - $10 I didn't mean it had to be some extrordinary amount. Just seems a little silly where you could have people having a $25 dollar match as asposed to a pairing having a $2 dollar game, It could easily effect the way people play in their matches. I'm all for having everyone and anyone willing to come in, I don't mind playing $2 SNG's against everyone since the money is really secondary and we're only playing for pride I guess.

It basically comes down to the players involved. The overall contest is the roundrobin, the overall result of the competition, the premiership so to speak, no the outcome of the individual matches. Il play for a dollar if my opponent wants to, but if the other person involved wants to play for more that is cool too....

Lets face it, for the "pro" players here $5 isnt an awful lot either winning it or losing it. The figures are pretty much irrelevant, the title of greatest HU player on the whole BF internetz is the real prize...:)

Count me in for the running of the ""title of greatest HU player on the whole BF internetz".

I should be good to play most nights except for Monday's and Tuesday's.

Happy to play for whatever my opponent does, agree it's all about the pride and glory. I'm thinking some sort of free BF membership for the winner? :D

So looking likely that at least 10 will play.

If everyone is happy to do so, how does a $20 sidepool bet for the winner sound?

Guaranteed $200 for the winner, and only a small amount to pay for those who lose.

This could also ensure that even the cheap $1 games stay really competitive.

If everyone is happy to do so, how does a $20 sidepool bet for the winner sound?

I'd be happy to participate in a sidebet, maybe split 60/40 for 1st and 2nd. I'd suggest that anyone who wants to participate can, and the sidebet is simply awarded to the "winner" out of those who opted to participate in the sidebet.

I'd be happy to participate in a sidebet, maybe split 60/40 for 1st and 2nd. I'd suggest that anyone who wants to participate can, and the sidebet is simply awarded to the "winner" out of those who opted to participate in the sidebet.

Please don't talk to me about splitting between 1st and 2nd.

When you play a HU knockout tournie for 6 hours, beat 1022 other players to make the final 2, to then walk away with nothing because it is winner take all, then come back......it still hurts :(

Yeah sounds good btw.

Please don't talk to me about splitting between 1st and 2nd.

When you play a HU knockout tournie for 6 hours, beat 1022 other players to make the final 2, to then walk away with nothing because it is winner take all, then come back......it still hurts :(

Yeah sounds good btw.

Wow that sucks. What did 1st get?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back