Toast Heath Scotland

Remove this Banner Ad

agree with all that has been said ... just want to add that he is probably the most courageous player we have - always running back with the flight of the ball to make contests

I must admit I thought Scotland would not be in our best 22 at the start of this season. There were times last season I thought the game was passing him by. I am so glad he has proved me wrong. He is in career best form & would currently be worthy of AA selection. It no doubt helps that he is playing predominantly in the midfield, now that the likes of Yarran, Duigan & Laidler have slotted into our defence. I am well & truly on the Scotland bandwagon.

I guess my biggest issue with following sport is that i have a very short term memory. I honestly can't remember Scotto ever having a bad patch of form. The though escapes him

Don't get me wrong JS. I'm not saying he was bad, it's just that his early season form was stellar (just like this year) and dropped back a little, probably to just "very good" :)

I must admit I thought Scotland would not be in our best 22 at the start of this season. There were times last season I thought the game was passing him by. I am so glad he has proved me wrong. He is in career best form & would currently be worthy of AA selection. It no doubt helps that he is playing predominantly in the midfield, now that the likes of Yarran, Duigan & Laidler have slotted into our defence. I am well & truly on the Scotland bandwagon.

I'm with you msr. :thumbsu:

Definitely in career best form & I have to say that Friday nights game would be one of the best I have seen him play.

He was outstanding for the entire game.

Hope he plays on next year.

Don't get me wrong JS. I'm not saying he was bad, it's just that his early season form was stellar (just like this year) and dropped back a little, probably to just "very good" :)

I don't doubt you for a second, in fact i'm sure that Scotto had a pretty poor run of performances at one stage at the club, i just cannot remember it. I only remember Heath as the guy with neat footskills and ability to evade traffic, who always manages to rack up 30 disposals without any meritorious praise.

What did we give up for Heath? And who did the Filth pick up with that pick? Will be interesting to see who won out of that trade.
We gave up pick 35 in the 2003 draft for Scotto. Fair enough too, the Wobbles picked up Brent Hall who went on to play a stellar one game for the Magpies. :thumbsu:

I love Juddy as much as the next guy, but he doesn't really go full steam for 120 minutes (however it could be argued that is to reserve his energy for those exhilarating bursts.
Are we talking about the same bloke here?:confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Long before former Carlton captain Brett Ratten took the reigns as coach, Denis Pagan stepped into the role and in late 2003 oversaw a trade period that brought seven existing AFL players onto the list. Scotland is the only one from that group still at the club, while Andrew Walker is the only one of six players from that year taken in the national draft who is still playing.

Traded players David Teague, Corey McGrath, Brett Johnson, Digby Morrell, David Clarke and Daniel Harford played a combined total of 185 games for the Blues and were all delisted or retired within four years. The '03 draftees, excluding Walker, played a total of 126 games...

Change has been constant at Carlton since he arrived, with not only players but presidents, board members and coaches undergoing radical transformation.

Andrew Carrazzo (ex-Geelong rookie) was rookie-listed at Carlton in '03 and grasped his opportunity, and Setanta O'hAilpin (also rookie-listed) came via Ireland the same year. Both remain.

Lest we forget.

Scotto, Walks, Carrots, Hoops and Setanta are the survivors of such a disaster its a wonder they don't have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

Would love them to win a premiership together, they deserve it, including and maybe especially Setanta, given his story.

Lest we forget.

Scotto, Walks, Carrots, Hoops and Setanta are the survivors of such a disaster its a wonder they don't have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

Would love them to win a premiership together, they deserve it, including and maybe especially Setanta, given his story.

Don't forget TBird and Simmo. .. and Possible Rusty. ..

All listed are maligned by some because of what they had to play through. .. Glad all of them are still making a contribution. ..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back