Injury Heeney injured while on holiday

Remove this Banner Ad

Whilst hit from behind and unprovoked there is likely to be something more to it. Random hits are pretty rare would be interesting to know if a local group or other travellers that did it or just someone who knew who he was and wanted a go. Could be as innocent as an accidental shoulder bump during the night or ignoring a group of pissed idiots. We seem to be heading towards players not being able to put themselves in these positions such as out with a group on the drink (assumption). Really ordinary to hear about this can effect a persons confidence being punched and injured. One of our Masters players here in Qld was killed with a one punch head hitting the ground scenario. Could have been so much worse for Heeney hope all involved are ok. As others have said get lost bad luck.

A lot of cowards out there these days. This sort of thing would rarely happen 30 years ago when I used to go out on the town.
Yeah even 10-15 years ago. It's changed so much in the last decade.

So many meatheads (or more likely, wannabe meatheads) looking for trouble. They think they're big tough guys but in reality they coward punch blokes from behind when they're not looking. I reckon it's weak as piss but apparently it's pretty funny &/or impressive amongst that new generation of party goers... Go figure. I've noticed this kind of mentality on the increase, along with more common very public displays of "patriotism" (i.e. racism).

I just feel like this generation are regressing instead of pushing ahead into a brighter more positive world. Maybe it's the effects of a more global interconnected world. Increased dramatization by click hungry media outlets. Wars in the middle east. A general sense of "us" against "them" in nearly everything from investment properties to food labelling to education to health services.

... Anyway, my apologies.....

/end rant/ :thumbsu::rainbow:

Lots of blokes just want to fight. Alot of small man syndrome floating around too. Being a fairly big unit myself 6'4 120kegs i get all the drunk manlets trying to start on me. Northbridge in perth has turned into a hot spot for drunk bogans either glassing or king hitting poor blokes out having a drink. Very rarely go there now due to too many w***ers out there looking to be a hero

Whilst hit from behind and unprovoked there is likely to be something more to it. Random hits are pretty rare would be interesting to know if a local group or other travellers that did it or just someone who knew who he was and wanted a go. Could be as innocent as an accidental shoulder bump during the night or ignoring a group of pissed idiots. We seem to be heading towards players not being able to put themselves in these positions such as out with a group on the drink (assumption). Really ordinary to hear about this can effect a persons confidence being punched and injured. One of our Masters players here in Qld was killed with a one punch head hitting the ground scenario. Could have been so much worse for Heeney hope all involved are ok. As others have said get lost bad luck.
I know what you mean it feels like there could be more to the story but Heeney doesn't really seem to be the kind of guy who would go out to cause trouble either

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back